MEO/Mandal Educational Officer Job Chart and Duties: Communication of Job Charts of Mandal Educational Officer / Deputy Inspector of School / Cluster Resources Person – Reg. While communicating job charts of Mandal Educational Officer / Deputy Inspector of School and Cluster Resources Person. All the District Educational Officer / Regional Joint Director School Education are requested to communicate the same to all concerned for strict compliance.
JOB CHART OF MANDAL EDUCATIONAL OFFICERS / DEPUTY INSPECTOR OF SCHOOLS
I. Academic functions:
A. Inspections and visits:
1. To draw a programme of Annual Academic Supervision and submit to District Educational Officer for approval by 30th April preceding the year to which it relates for the qualitative improvement of elementary education.
2. Atleast 5 Primary Schools should be covered by one Inspection, one follow up visit. Surprise visits to atleast 10 Primary Schools / Upper Primary Schools to be made monthly.
3. Monthly submission of inspection and visit reports to Deputy Educational Officers by 5th of every month.
4. At least two Adult Literacy Centres and Continuing Education Centres should be visited in every month.
B. Conduct of Meetings and organization of Seminars and Workshops:
1. To assist the District Educational Officer / Deputy Educational Officer in organizing meetings, seminars, and workshops to improve professional competencies.
2. Organisation of School Complex meetings in every month.
3. To conduct Teacher association meetings providing guidance to Teachers both academically and administratively.
C. Academic and Innovative practices for improvement of quality of Education in Primary Schools / Upper Primary Schools:
1. Giving demonstration lessons and organizing demonstration lessons by competent Teachers adopting modern techniques and trends of teaching and innovations.
2. Adoption of one ‘C’ category of School and develop it as a model School through special visits, inspections and providing Model lessons.
3. Assessing the Schools as per guidelines issued by C&DSE from time to time.
4. Providing guidance in the preparation and implementation of institutional and instructional plan and programme of supervised study and remedial instructions in schools.
5. To encourage Teachers in undertaking research programme viz., Action Reach, Programmed Learning experimental projects etc.,
II. ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS:
A) Opening of new primary Schools, upgradation of primary School, proposal for recognition of Primary School /Upper Primary Schools etc.
1. Sponsoring proposals for opening of new primary Schools in School-less habitations to District Educational Officer.
2. Sponsoring proposals for upgradation of primary Schools into Upper Primary Schools to District Educational Officer.
3. Rationalization of Schools by amalgamating uneconomic Schools as per guidelines issued by Department.
4. Sponsoring proposals for temporary recognition and permanent recognition of Primary School /Upper Primary Schools.
5. Scrutinizing applications for recognition and grant-in-aid in respect of Non-Government Schools and request for adhoc grant.
6. The Mandal Educational Officer / Deputy Educational Schools shall exercise powers in respect of Head Masters of Primary and Upper Primary Schools and Teachers working in Primary and Upper Primary Schools with respect to the following:
a. Sanction of Earned Leaves / Half Pay leaves / Commuted Leaves / Maternity Leaves and Extra-ordinary Leave;
b. Sanction Increments and Pay Fixations;
c. Sanction Automatic Advancement Scheme, Leave Travel Concession and joining Permissions;
d. Issue Regular Pay Scales on completion of apprentice service;
e. Sanction General Provident Fund Loans and General Provident Fund part-finals and forwarding of General Provident Fund Final Withdrawals;
f. Sanction Family Benefit Fund and Group Insurance Scheme amounts;
g. Sanction Pension and Forwarding of Proposals to Accountant General and forwarding of Government Life Insurance Application;
h. Draw the Medical Advance / Reimbursement after sanction by the Commissioner & Director of School Education;
i. Grant the Causal Leave, Special Leave to Head Masters of Primary and Upper Primary Schools;
j. Submission of Performance Indicators every quarterly;
k. Implementation of Citizen Charter;
B. ENROLMENT AND EDUCATIONAL STATISTICS:
1. Take action on updating the School age population in the age group of 6-11 and 11-13 age group and also drop outs in all the habitations in the Mandal.
2. Collection and compilation of Educational Statistics.
3. Preparation of child Info.
C. BUDGET NUMBER STATEMENTS AND PLAN SCHEMES
1. Preparing and submitting the correct number statements, budget estimates and revised estimates to District Educational Officer.
2. Monitoring of Plan Schemes and prompt submission of monthly Expenditure statements by 5th of every month.
3. Clearing of audit objections relating to Elementary Education.
4. Prompt distribution of contingencies.
5. Submission of utilization Certificates to grant releasing authority and reconciling monthly accounts.
6. Surrender of unspent balances of educational grants.
D. INCENTIVE SCHEMES, SUPPLY OF NOTE BOOKS / NATIONALIZED TEXT BOOKs:
1. Supply of uniforms and Notebooks to eligible students in the mandal
2. To assess the requirements of test books for the Schools in their jurisdiction and prompt distribution every year.
3. Release of different kinds of scholarships and verifying aquittances.
4. Implementation of Mid-Day-Meals scheme
E. FIXATION OF CADRE STRENGTH, VACANCY POSITION, RECRUITMENT, PENSIONS, TRANSFERS, DECEASED TEACHERS S.RS., ETC.,
1. Cadre strength of each primary /upper primary School and estimating the requirements of posts.
2. Sponsoring proposals for the sanction of additional posts to P.S./U/P.S to District Educational Officer.
3. Estimating the vacancy position of Teachers
4. Identification of surplus posts as per rules and sponsoring proposals for the transfer of posts to needy Schools with provision.
III. ANCILLANCY FUNCTIONS:
1. Issuing instructions and ensuring that all institutions draw institutional plans and instructional plans before the commencement of the academic year.
2. Formation and Providing guidance in the effective functioning of Parent-Teacher Association and School Management Committee at the Schools and Mandal level for the promotion of School improvement programme.
3. Assisting the District Educational Officer in
a. The conduct of examination.
b. Organizing district science Fair, Sports Meets, Scout Rallies, Education Weeks etc.,
c. Proper distribution of Notebooks.
d. Conduct of enquires.
4. Supervising all the maintenance of registers relating to Elementary Education and grants in M.P.P.Office.
5. Celebrating National Festivals and other important days Viz., Teachers’ Day, Educational Week, Childrens’ Day, Independence Day, Republic Day. UNO Day etc.,
6. Mandal Educational Officer shall attending Standing Committee meeting and General Body meetings of Mandal Praja Parishad and to review the educational development in the Mandal.
7. Conduct of enquiries.
8. Maintenance and up keep of School buildings, furniture and equipment.
9. Any other work as entrusting by the Director of School Education, Regional Joint Director of School Education / District Educational Officer /Deputy Educational Officer.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details