NAS Model Question Papers 2021 for National Achievement Survey in Schools. The Ministry of Education (MoE) will conduct National Achievement Survey 2021 on November 12. As many as 1.23 lakh schools in 733 districts across 36 districts and Union Territories will take part in NAS 2021. NAS, a sample-based survey, is held nation-wide to assess learning achievements of students.
NAS seeks to provide a comprehensive and authentic database for bringing in qualitative improvement in the education system. CBSE is administering NAS 2021 on behalf of the Education Ministry. The board has asked schools to go through the frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the website, nas.education.gov.in and cooperate in the survey.
The Nationwide Survey, which assesses the competencies developed by the students at the grade levels of third, fifth, and eighth, is conducted every three years. The survey was last conducted in 2017 and was scheduled to take place in 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 situation, it was postponed until this year.
While the instrument development, testing, finalisation of test items, sampling of schools, etc. have been done by NCERT, the actual administration of the test in the sampled schools will be done by the CBSE in collaboration with the respective states and union territories.
The survey which will cover government, government aided and private schools will help to assess the learning interruptions and new learnings during the pandemic and help to take remedial measures. NAS will be conducted in Language, Mathematics and EVS for classes 3 and 5; Language, Mathematics, Science & Social Science for class 8; and Language, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and English for class 10
A portal has been launched to enable coordination with various key functionaries for smooth conduct of the survey. State and district report cards for both elementary and secondary levels will be released and placed in the public domain.
|Name of the Question Papers||NAS Model Question Papers|
|Title||Download NAS Question Papers|
|Subject||NCERT released NAS Exam Papers|
|Classes||Class 3, Class 5, Class 8 and Class 10|
|NAS Papers||Download NAS 3rd, 5th, 8th Class Model Question Papers|
National Achievement Survey NAS Model Question Papers, Cycle Five for Classes III, V, VIII and X. List of sample schools of Maths for class III, V, VIII and X. DEOs are requested to verify the list of schools as per the guidelines given in the proceedings. As per erstwhile districts and submit a final list of sample schools as per the schedule.
NAS Question Papers
|3rd Class NAS Model Question Papers (TM)||Telugu Medium 3rd NAS Papers|
|3rd Class NAS Model Question Papers (EM)||English Medium 3rd NAS Papers|
|5th Class NAS Model Question Papers (TM)||Telugu Medium 5th NAS Papers|
|5th Class NAS Model Question Papers (EM)||English Medium 5th NAS Papers|
|8th Class NAS Model Question Papers (TM)||Telugu Medium 8th NAS Papers|
|8th Class NAS Model Question Papers (EM)||English Medium 8th NAS Papers|
NAS Model Papers
|3rd, 5th, 8th Model Question Papers 2021||All Subjects Model Question Papers 2021|
|LANGUAGE||NAS Language Paper 1|
|NAS Language Paper 2|
|NAS Language Paper 3|
|NAS Language Paper 4|
|MATHS||NAS Maths Paper 1|
|NAS Maths Paper 2|
|NAS Maths Paper 3|
|NAS Maths Paper 4|
|LISTENING||NAS Listening Test Paper 1|
|NAS Listening Test Paper 2|
|NAS Listening Test Paper 3|
|NAS Listening Test Paper 4|
|PUPIL QUESTIONNAIRE||NAS Pupil Questionnaire|
|TEACHER QUESTIONNAIRE||NAS Teacher Questionnaire|
- A country-wide National Achievement Survey (NAS), aimed at assessing learning loss among school students due to disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, will be carried out on 12-11-2021.
- In schools selected for the survey, each of the sample grades is required to have a standard-size batch of 30 students.
- The NCERT has developed the framework for the assessment and it will be carried out by the CBSE in collaboration with state and UT governments.
- Children of Classes 3 and 5 will be assessed in Language, Mathematics & EVS; Language, Mathematics, Science and Social Science for Class 8; and Language, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and English for Class X.
Instructions on NAS 2021 Selected Sample Schools HMs
- NAS on 12th November 2021
- You should Know selected Sample Grades in your School
- Don’t avail holiday & don’t conduct any program on 12.11.2021
- HM & Staff Don’t avail CL and present in School at 8.30 am.
- To ensure 100% pupils present in Sample Grade
- Give more practice on Pupils Questionnaire (PQ) and shading of circles in OMR
- Instruct pupils to bring exam pad, HB pencil & Ball point pen
- School Questionnaire (SQ) for HM and Teacher Questionnaire (TQ) for concern Subject Teachers.
- NAS team will present in your School at 8.30 am.
- Co-operate to NAS team
- Provide an adequate room in ground floor with light and ventilation for conduct of NAS for each sample grade pupils.
- Provide tables, chairs and stationary for NAS team
- Handover pupils attendance register of sample grade.
- Follow Covid norms.
- Give more priority to keep our district in top rating in NAS 2021 in state of Telangana
NAS 2017 Details
SCERT Telangana given instructions on conduct of National Achievement Survey (NAS) 2017 for Classes III, V, and VIII. All the DEOs in the State are requested to attend to the following works relating to the National Achievement Survey, Cycle Five for Classes III, V and VIII personally on priority basis and submit a report to the Director, SCERT by 28.08.2017 without fail.
- Inform whether the Class wise Learning Outcomes are received from the Commissioner and Director of School Education vide reference 2 cited and are disseminated to Schools.
- Verify the Sample List of Schools with regard to the suitability of the Schools for the test (with relation to the eventuality of
- natural calamity on the day of the test, Enrolment in the Class selected.
- The medium of Instruction of the Class for which the School is selected,
- With regard to enrolment the following norm shall be considered:
- For Classes Ill and V the minimum enrolment shall be 5
- For Class VIII the minimum enrolment shall be 8
However, the total enrolment of all the selected schools together in the district per class shall invariably be more than 700. The List of Schools is sent vide this office email Dt.19.08.2017. The list is colored in an alternate pattern i.e. three schools are in yellow followed by three schools in blue and this pattern is followed till the end. The three schools in the sequence shown in one color are located in one block (Mandal) and belong to one group.
NAS Model Question Papers:
The schools are further indicated in three categories i.e.
i. Sample School indicated as ‘s’ in Column ‘B’
ii. First Replacement School indicated as ‘rl’ in Column ‘B’
iii. Second Replacement School indicated as ‘r2’ in Column ‘B’
DEOs may first verify the Sample School (s) only.
- In the case of non-suitability of sampled school, replacement school (rl) of the same group may be verified first followed by replacement school (r2) of the same group.
- The School selected may be indicated as ‘Yes’ in Column ‘F’ (participation).
- In case of selection of replacement school (rl or r2) the comments may be given in column ‘G’ (participation comments).
- Replacement school of any sampled school shall only be from within the two replacement schools in the group.
- The final list of selected sample schools should be sent through e-mail to Director, SCERT on or before 28.08.2017
3. Updating of AADHAR Id of all the students of the class selected in all the sample schools selected.
4. The ‘District Monitoring Unit’ with the following members shall be responsible for the conduct of NAS in the district
- The District Educational Officer District Coordinator
- Nodal Officer, O/o the DEO – Assistant District Coordinators
- One faculty member from Govt. DIET (in case of districts where Govt. DIETs are available) or One Gazetted Head Master of any School that is not in a sample list of schools (in case of districts where Govt. DIETs are not available) – Assistant District Coordinators
- MIS Coordinator, O/o DEO: MIS Coordinator
5. DEOs shall identify Field Investigators (Fl) as suggested below:
i. The Field Investigations (Fis) shall be candidates pursuing D.El.Ed / B.Ed. preferably in Govt. Institutions/ Universities
ii. The number of Fis to be selected shall be as per the norm shown in the following table with an overall 20% reserve in excess.
Sample Schools with Classes No. of Field Investigators
- In Schools where Classes(Ill and V) or (Ill and VIII) or (V and VIII) (only Ill) or (only V) are Selected: 2
- In Schools where all the three Classes(i.e. Ill, V, and VIII) are Selected: 3
- In Schools where only Class VIII is Selected: 1
- Selection of Fls shall be in accordance with the Medium of Instruction of the selected sample schools.
Field Investigators shall be proficient in the Language in which NAS Test Booklet is to be administered in the sampled school for which the Fl shall be assigned. For example, in the case of Kannada Medium school, the Fl shall have the competency to read and write in Kannada.
iv. The contact details of Files in Excel document (Hard and Soft Form) in the Proforma shown below shall be sent to Director, SCERT (Name of the Fl – Gender- Course pursuing – Language studied at / Language at SSC – Aadhar ID Mobile Number number of Fl of Fl)
6. Identify Storage Point of the Test Material at District Head Quarters.
7. DEOs shall prepare an action plan and keep in readiness for the conduct of NAS Cycle 5
8. Further, DEOs shall Orient the Teachers, familiarise the Parents and all the Officials of the department with regard to the adoption of Learning Outcomes and also the conduct of NAS for assessing the present learning level of the child vis-a-vis the learning outcomes.