Integrated B.Ed Course: NCTE 4 Years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) details. Integrated B.Ed Course to be started for 2020-2023. NCTE has launched the 4 Years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) 2020 and applications are invited from the eligible and interested COMPOSITE instituitions for start of ITEP Course i.e., for grant of recognition /permission to 4 Years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) for the academic session 2020-2023 (4 years Degree with Teacher Training Programme).
HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank: The government on Thursday informed the Rajya Sabha that a new four-year integrated course for B.Ed has been formulated and will start from this session itself for which a notification has been issued.
The course will be of three types and students can undertake either BA-B Ed, BSc-BEd or BCom-BEd courses. After amendments in the Right to Education Act, ensuring the training of teachers, all teachers left out can avail the training till October 31, 2020. All teachers were required to have the training and it is compulsory as per the RTE Act
The minister said as per Section 23(1) of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009, National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has been notified as an academic authority to lay down minimum qualifications for appointment of a teacher. Accordingly, NCTE has issued guidelines for the conduct of Teacher Eligibility Test (TET).
As per the guidelines, the appropriate Government should conduct a TET at least once every year. The Validity Period of TET qualifying certificate for appointment will be decided by the appropriate Government subject to a maximum of seven years for all categories. Pokhriyal said a proposal to revise TET guidelines has been received from NCTE.
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), a statutory body under HRD ministry has launched a four years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) to enhance the teaching profession in the country. Candidates who want to pursue this programme should pass Class 12 with 50% marks in it.
The ITEP programme is a four-year programme that includes eight semesters, inclusive of field-based experiences, teaching practice and internship. In some cases, the maximum time period to complete the programme may be extended up to six years. The programme incorporates general studies comprising Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences and Humanities and also professional studies comprising perspectives in education, other core education courses, curriculum and pedagogy of school subjects and practicum related to the tasks and functions of a school teacher.
As per the Council, ITEP aims in preparing committed, responsible and professional teachers for the nation. This programme will be offered in Arts and Science Stream as for now and admission will be done on merit basis. The programme will commence from the next academic year. The Council has invited applications from Composite Institutions who want to include this programme in their curriculum next year onwards can apply for it from December 03 to December 31, 2018. The ITEP imbibes some of the best practices of teacher education in the world and aims to bring about a qualitative change in preparation of teachers for the school system.
ITEP Course details: The four years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) Arts Stream and Science Stream is offered after Senior Secondary (+2) and aims at preparing committed, responsible and professional teachers. This programme is intended to result in a paradigm shift in teacher preparation. The curriculum of this four years integrated programme is designed inculcating the world’s best practices in the field of teacher education sector. This is a specialised course with intrinsic integration of pedagogy and content, along with sustained engagement with liberal disciplines of knowledge and field of education. Opportunity for vertical mobility of teachers is also visualised through this programme.
This programme integrates general studies comprising Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences and Humanities and also professional studies comprising perspectives in education, other core education courses, curriculum and pedagogy of school subjects and practicum related to the tasks and functions of a school teacher. It maintains a balance between theory and practice and ensures coherence and integration among the various components of the programme. It is expected to equip the aspirant school teacher with the requisite attitude, skill and knowledge to address the challenges of becoming an effective school teacher.
The programme shall be offered in the institutions which are composite institutions as defined in Clause (b) of regulations 2 of the National Council for Teacher Education (Recognition, Norms and Procedures) Regulation, 2014 (hereafter referred to as the principal regulation in this Appendix), on the date of making an application for this programme. The programme shall permit sharing of existing physical resources in other Departments of the University or College or Composite teacher education institution.
Education Qualificaion for entry into ITEP Course: Qualification is 12th standard with 50% marks.
How to apply for start of ITEP Course: NCTE invites online applications from COMPOSITE institutions from 03.12.2018 to 31.12.2018 for grant of recognition/permission to 4 Years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) for the academic session 2020-2023. The details are available on NCTE website: www.ncte-india.org.
Eligibility for start of ITEP Course:
- It may be noted that only those institutions which are “composite institutions”, as defined in clause 2 (b) of Regulation 2014, (reproduced below) on the date of making the application shall be eligible for this programme:
- “(b) ‘composite institution” means a duly recognized higher education institution offering undergraduate or postgraduate programmes of study in the field of liberal arts or humanities or social sciences or sciences or commerce or mathematics , as the case may be. at the time of applying for recognition of teacher education programmes, or an institution offering multiple teacher education programmes.”
- The applicant institutions which do not qualify as per clause 2 (b) of NCTE Regulation, 2014 (Supra), shall be treated as ineligible and their applications are liable to be rejected and processing fees paid by them may be forfeited.
- In case of any clarification, the applicant institutions may get in touch with NCTE officials on the following mobile Nos. during office hours (9.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday).
- The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), a statutory body under Ministry of Human Resources Development has been established under an Act of Parliament (73 of 1993) with a view to achieve planned and coordinated development of teacher education system and maintenance of norms and standards and matters connected therewith throughout the country, (except Jammu and Kashmir).