The National Voter Awareness Contest 2022 by the Election Commission of India’s SVEEP (Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation) programme taps into the talent and inventiveness of young people, while also strengthening democracy through their active involvement. Accessible for all age groups, it aims at celebrating ideas and content curated on the theme of importance of every single vote in a democracy.
So sing, write, create, draw and buzz, let your creativity contribute to the building of democracy. On the occasion of 12th National Voters’ Day, Election Commission of India launched a National Voter Awareness contest- ‘My Vote is my Future- Power of One Vote’ to reiterate the importance of every vote through creative expression. The National Voter Awareness Contest by the ECI’s SVEEP program is open to all age groups, the contest aims at celebrating ideas and content curated on the theme of the importance of every single vote in a democracy.
A programme of multi interventions through different modes and media designed to educate citizens, electors and voters about the electoral process in order to increase their awareness and participation in the electoral processes. Join the most creative voter awareness programme. The website (https://ecisveep.nic.in/contest/ ) is developed to provide a detailed overview of the five contests to all the participants. The following are the comprehensive details of each contest
|Name of the Competition||National Voter Awareness Contest 2022|
|Title||Participate in the National Voter Awareness Competition 2022|
|Subject||ECI released the Voter Awareness Contest 2022|
|NVA Contest Schedule||January 25th, 2022 to March 15th, 2022|
|Voter Awareness Contest Log||Contest Logo|
|Logo||My Vote is my Future -Power of One Vote|
|List of Contests 2022|
|National Voter Awareness Quiz Contest 2022|
|National Voter Awareness Song Contest 2022|
|National Voter Awareness Video Making Contest 2022|
|National Voter Awareness Poster Design Contest 2022|
|National Voter Awareness Slogan Contest 2022|
THEME: “My Vote is My Future: Power of One Vote”
(A) National Voter Awareness Quiz Contest:
Ready. Steady. Quiz!. The Election Commission of India is organizing a Quiz Contest to engage with inquisitive minds to gauge the awareness level of participants regarding the electoral process in the country. This contest is a part of the SVEEP initiative and is open for all age groups! The contest will have questions related to the basic and important information relevant to all categories of voters, Electoral roll, EVM & VVPAT, Election Law, IT Applications and History of Indian Elections. Are you an inquisitive mind? Gauge your voter awareness quotient and tell us how you fare!
- The Quiz Contest is to engage with inquisitive minds to gauge the awareness level of participants regarding the electoral process in the country.
- The contest will have questions related to the basic and important information relevant to all categories of voters, Electoral roll, EVM & VVPAT, Election Law, IT Applications, and History of Indian Elections.
- There are 3 levels (Easy, Intermediate & Difficult) of the quiz contest with each level having 20 multiple choice questions to be answered within a time limit of maximum 10 minutes for each level.
- The participant has to answer at least 7 out of 20 questions right in each level to proceed to the next level.
- Participants may verify the scores after the completion of every level and will get a badge as per their performance which they can share on social media.
- The participant who gets the maximum score in minimum time shall be awarded the winner.
- All participants will receive e-certificate upon the completion of all three levels of quiz contest
(B) National Voter Awareness Song Contest:
Vocal for the vote. The Election Commission of India is organizing a Song Contest to harness the talent and potential of creative young minds and in the process strengthen our democracy through the theme of My Vote Is My Future – Power of One Vote. The contest which is a part of the SVEEP initiative is open for all age groups. It aims at generating ideas and content on the importance of every single vote in a democracy.Have an ear for music? Regale us with your original compositions on the importance of a vote!
- The Song Contest is aimed at harnessing the talent and potential of creative minds through the medium of a song in any form including Classical, Contemporary & Rap etc.
- Participants can create and share original compositions on the theme related to ‘My Vote Is My Future’.
- Artists & singers may use any musical instrument of their choice.
- The song duration must not exceed 3 minutes.
(C) National Voter Awareness Video Contest:
Unleash your inner creator. The Election Commission of India is organizing a Video Contest to encourage the youth to expand their horizons of creativity, talent, and skills while strengthening our democracy through the below-mentioned themes. The video contest which is a part of the SVEEP initiative is open for all age groups and aims at generating out of the box ideas, visuals, and content on the importance of every single vote in a democracy. Love being near a camera lens? Capture a video that shows us how your faith in democracy triumphs all!
- Video Making Contest provides an opportunity to camera lovers to create a video that celebrates the diversity & festivity of Indian Elections.
- Apart from the main theme of the contest, the following themes can also be explored by the participants: Importance of Informed & Ethical Voting (Inducement Free Voting); and Power of Vote: Displaying Importance of voting for Women, Persons with Disabilities, Senior Citizens, Young & First Time Voters.
- Participants shall create a video on any one of the above themes and the video shall be of one-minute duration only.
(D) National Voter Awareness Poster Contest:
If catchy and fun visuals are your forte, your design could go to all corners of the country!. Empower with print. The Election Commission of India is organizing a Poster Contest to tap into the potential & creativity of young minds and in the process strengthen our democracy through the theme of My Vote Is My Future – Power of One Vote. The Poster contest which is a part of the SVEEP initiative is open for all age groups and aims at generating ideas and content on the importance of every single vote in a democracy.
- Poster Design Contest is for art and design enthusiasts who can create thought-provoking posters on the above-mentioned contest theme.
- The designs might also be included in the multimedia voter awareness campaigns of the commission.
- Participants can submit a digital poster, sketch, or painted poster on the theme.
- The poster should be of good resolution.
(E) National Voter Awareness Slogan Contest:
Tagline for a better tomorrow. The Election Commission of India is organizing a Slogan Contest to unleash the potential & creativity of young minds and in the process strengthen democracy through the theme of My Vote Is My Future – Power of One Vote. The contest is a part of the SVEEP initiative and is open for all age groups. It aims to generate ideas and content on the importance of every single vote in a democracy.
- Weave your words to inspire millions. Let your slogan echo to motivate all voters!.
- Slogan Contest as goes the quote,
- ‘The pen is mightier than the sword’, the contest invites entries to all participants who are good at inspiring people through their words.
The song contest, video-making contest, and poster design contest are classified into three categories i.e., Amateur, Professional and Institutional. Participants can participate in any of the following categories:
- Amateur: A person who does singing/video making/poster designing as a hobby, for a creative urge, but her/his major source of revenue is from some other means is considered as ‘Amateur’.
- Professional: A person whose main source of livelihood is from singing/video making/poster designing or working in any form where the major source of revenue is through singing/video making/poster designing – is considered to be ‘Professional’. It may kindly be noted that, if selected, the participant shall submit a certificate to testify in the professional category.
- Institutional: Educational Institutions such as schools, colleges, universities and organisation registered under relevant Central or State Government Act can take part in the Institutional category.
Quiz, Song, Video Making, Poster Design, Slogan Contest Guidelines
- The competition is open for all.
- The Quiz, Song, Video Making, Poster Design, Slogan should be based on or related to ‘My Vote Is My Future’.
- Above said contests are containing inappropriate language or political overtones will not be accepted.
- All entries shall be submitted by March 15, 2022, on the email id: email@example.com.
- Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate language, references to any political parties or religions containing vulgar, or racist content against particular cultures or communities, or unverified information shall not be accepted.
- A participant is allowed to submit up to one entry per contest. In case it is found that any participant has submitted more than one entry, all the entries will be considered invalid for the said participant.
- Entries for the video, song & slogan contest may be given in any official language as per the Eighth Schedule of the Indian constitution. (There are 22 official languages- Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Bodo, Santhali, Maithili, and Dogri).
- Entries must include suitable subtitles for reference.
- The Election Commission of India reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Contest and/or the Terms & Conditions of the competition.
- Any disputes or any issues related to this competition would be decided by the Election Commission of India, which will be final.
- No plagiarism – original pieces only.
- No requests relating to claims of re-evaluation of the entries will be considered.
- Please note that the work must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
- The entries submitted would be the sole property of the Election Commission of India, with the right to use and edit for any purpose it considers appropriate.
- The entries will be judged by a jury constituted by the Election Commission of India. Any request for re-evaluation of the entries will not be entertained.