NVD Celebrations, National Voters Day Celebrations, Various Electronic Activities, Action Plan, Conduct of Drawing Competition in the Schools / Colleges, SVEEP Digital Library Updation, NVD theme “Empowering Young and Future Voters”. Competitions / Rallies / Human Chains /Marathons /Runs etc to be conducted under NVD Celebrations. National Voters Day Celebrations on 25th January and CEO AP Telangana Instructions
Various Electronic Activities – SVEEP Digital Library Updation:
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER, HYDERABAD, A.P .& TELANGANA
Sub: Elections- Use of Social Media- Various Electronic Activities – Updation of SVEEP Digital Library – Report called for -Reg.
1. From the ECI, Lr.No.491/SM/2015/Communication, dated:06.09.2016.
2. From the ECI, Lr.No.491/LET/ECl/SVEEP 2/SVEEP _portal/2015, dated: 13.12.2016.
Copies of the references cited are communicated to all DEOs & Collectors in AP and Telangana. In the Commissions letter, 1st cited it is observed that social media has occupied a very important place in the world of communication. There has been increasing demand for the use of social media for better outreach and communication with the voters and dissemination of election-related information to them. NVD Celebrations
In recent elections, many States used social media in varying degrees as a tool and platform for communication with electors, especially with youth and other stakeholders. It is desired by the Commission that at the district level DEOs should initiate move for the dissemination of necessary information relating to the electoral process. At the field level, the activities like capturing of other campaign activities such as video, audio, and photographs should be encouraged for social media. Complaints received on the social media platform should be promptly addressed.
2. The Commission has directed that from now onwards, the SVEEP Digital Library may be regularly updated by all the District Election Officers (DEOs). The said portal has been customized for use of all the DEOs. The DEOs can use the same login credentials as they are using for the MIS application. The DEOs are directed to upload videos (promos, NVD, training material and other relevant videos), pictures, documents, and other formats through the officer’s login in the following URL sveepdigitallibrary.nic.in
3. All the DEOs & Collectors in AP and TS are therefore requested to take immediate action for activating their social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube at their level for various electoral activities. NVD Celebrations
4. Further, they are requested to furnish the information i.e which type activities have been carried out by them on Social Media platform so far to this office immediately, so as enable this office to furnish consolidated process reports to ECI, New Delhi.
Conduct of Drawing Competition in the Schools / Colleges
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER, ANDHRA PRADESH & TELANGANA
Sub:- Celebration of National Voters Day on 25.01.2017 – Conduct of Drawing Competition in the Schools / Colleges – Reg.
Ref:- From the Election Commission of India Lr.No 491/LET/ECl/FUNC/SVEEPll/2016 (NVD), dt.19.12.2016
You are aware that the Election Commission of India has been celebrating 25th January, its Foundation Day, as the National Voters Day every year since 2011 with an aim to increase the enrolment of voters, particularly youth to make the universal adult franchise a complete reality and to enhance the quality of Indian democracy. The NVD will also be utilized to spread awareness among voters regarding effective participation in the electoral process. On this occasion, various activities are being undertaken at Universities, Colleges, Schools and other educational institutions level. 7th National Voters’ Day is being celebrated on 25.1.2017 with the theme of “Empowering Young and Future Voters”.
The Election Commission of India in its letter cited has informed that an All India Drawing Competition is to be organized among 15-17 years old school children and the winners shall be felicitated on the National Voters’ Day function 2017 and decided to have a common topic of ‘Every Vote Counts’ for the drawing competition. The drawing can be an oil painting, watercolors, crayons, etc. NVD Celebrations
The State level entries shall be finalized for sending to the Commission for the national competition and the national winning entry I entries will be selected among the State winning entries and awarded by the Hon’ble President at the National Voters’ Day national function on 25th January 2017 at New Delhi. The State shall bear the expenses for the travel I stay of the students and their one guardian each at New Delhi for 24/25th January 2017.
I, therefore, request you to extend your cooperation in celebration of seventh National Voters’ day to be held on 25.01.2017 and organize drawing competitions at schools / intermediate colleges on 05.01.2017 and the 1st place winners of School / College level competitions shall be shortlisted for second-level competitions.
The second level competition shall be organized at the district level on 10.01.2017. The 1st place winners at district level entries shall be finalized by 12.01.2017 and these entries shall be sent to this office by 16.01.2017 for finalizing the State entries to be sent to the Commission for the national competition.
The name and detail of the 1st place winners at the district level along with a high-resolution image (maximum 300 dpi) of their winning entries shall be sent to this office through email / CD by 16.1.2017. The 1s1, 2nd & 3rd place winners shall be awarded prizes and certificates at AC / District Level Function to be conducted by the Electoral Registration Officers I District Election Officers on 25.01.2017. NVD Celebrations
I, therefore, request you kindly to issue necessary instructions to all the Heads of Schools I Intermediate Colleges to organize the painting competition with a common topic of “Every Vote Counts”. The respective District Election Officers and Electoral Registration Officers will coordinate the competition events at School I College I District levels.
(i) Action Plan for NVD, 2017
• Instructions have been .issued for the conduct of NVD, 2017 vide this office Memo No.3760/Elecs.E/A2/2016- 1, dt.17.12.2016.
• The Booth Level Officers (BLOs) in each polling station area shall felicitate the newly registered voters on 251h January 2017 in a brief ceremony I public function to be arranged at each Polling Station Location.
• As prescribed by the Commission, a badge with its logo with the slogan “Proud to be a voter ~ Ready to vote” shall also be handed over by the BLOs to the new electors during the felicitation ceremony along with their EPIC.
• The video I text message of the Chief Election Commissioner on 71h National Voters Day shall be displayed I read in the NVD functions. The message will be communicated on receipt of the same from the ECI.
• The AEROs and EROs of the respective constituency shall participate in the ceremony I public function of those Part(s) under their jurisdiction where the largest number of newly registered electors would be felicitated.
• The theme of NVD 2017 is “Empowering Young and Future Voters”.
• Special camps shall be held with prior publicity to allow electors to surrender duplicate registrations by filling Form-7. Separate boxes may be kept in public places to facilitate electors to deposit form-6, form-7 or Form-8 and citizens may be encouraged to fill up part 4 while filling Form-6, to give details of their past registration through proper dissemination of information to register them at the new address and delete from the old address. NVD Celebrations
• Special campaigns for creating awareness among urban migrants, Persons with Disabilities, homeless persons, Transgender, marginalized sections and other identified groups shall also be undertaken. Collaboration with NGOs, CSOs, Government Departments, PSUs and Corporates for reaching out to and actively engaging these groups shall be taken.
• Special drive shall be undertaken for Service personnel utilizing the Army Dav that falls on 15th January just ahead of NVD. In addition, the Service personnel may be engaged with the NVD celebrations as well.
• Women-centric activities shall be taken up to mobilize women for registration. Special focus is made on newly married women for getting them registered at the place of marriage and deletion of name from the previous roll. AVV’./11, ASHA and Women self-help groups are to be engaged for capacity building.
• Pledge shall be printed at the district level and taken by all participants in the function, educational institutions, etc.
• Sufficient copies of the pledge shall be distributed to all EROs, AEROs, BLOs, educational institutions well in advance.
• All the Polling Station Locations should be kept open on 25.01.2017 (National Voters’ Day) for distribution and acceptance of Form-6, 7, 8 & SA and Photographs from the residual electors, if any and arrangements shall be made to enable the illiterate I semi-literate persons to fill in & hand over the applications at the NVD function;
• Badges, T-Shirts, and Certificates will be supplied to the districts by this office.
• DEOs are permitted to print the required number of Pledge both in English and Telugu on the same paper and banners for the functions.
• Appropriate events shall be organized at the District headquarters, in association with Local bodies, Universities I Engineering Colleges and other academic institutions, civil society organizations, Youth Volunteers’ Associations like NSS, NCC, Scouts & Guides, NYKS, Media, Senior Citizens, and Ex-servicemen, etc. to popularize the electoral participation and voters’ education
• National Voters’ Day Celebrations shall be conducted on 25.01.2017 between 10.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. at all Polling Station Locations covering all the Polling Stations.
• Representatives of all political parties shall be invited to the celebration of the NVD at every level in addition to other stakeholders.
• NVD Pledge shall be administered to all educational institutions /Government Departments I Offices on 25.01.2017 in the districts.
• Pledge shall also be administered by all the citizens present in the function.
• Deployment of dedicated staff at Mandal, Sub-division and District levels shall be undertaken with complete responsibility for guidance/ coordination, for celebrations and reporting of all the NVD related activities effectively.
• BLOs shall be trained at the Manda! Headquarters I Constituency level about their role for NVD activities by the Designated Officer I EROs/AEROs well in advance. NVD Celebrations
The following activities shall also be tried out:
- To organize cultural programme I rally with newly enrolled voters along with students I volunteers.
- Rolling Trophy to Village Organizations who enrolled cent percent, eligible citizens, as electors.
- To involve Village Organizations at all locations for NVD celebrations.
- To organize 2K I 3K I 5K Run with the help of NGOs /Industrial establishments and distribute T-Shirts I Caps to the participants with the funding from apolitical NGOs /Industries etc.
- To honor the best BLO who had worked hard for enrolment of cent percent eligible citizens in an error-free manner at the District I AC level functions
- To felicitate the Principals I Heads of Institutions who have enrolled cent percent eligible students of their institution with reference to qualifying date of 1.1.2017 and deliver a Trophy at district level function.
The DEOs shall prepare an action plan for organizing various events in connection with NVD and booth level I division level I district level function on 25.01.2014
(ii) Conduct of Competitions / Rallies / Human Chains /Marathons /Runs etc.
• “Young Voter’s Festival” through competitions in all Higher Secondary Schools and Higher Educational Institutions, i.e. Colleges, P.G. Centers and Universities shall be organized by DEO to serve as a build-up to NVD-2017.
• The competitions both at Junior Level and Senior Le.vel will be Elocution, Essay Writing, Quiz competitions, and Mock Parliament/ Assembly, which will be organized at Constituency, District and State Level on 18.01.2017, 21.01.2017 and 24.01.2017 respectively.
• Rangoli competition shall be organized at the Polling Station Location level on 25.01.2017.
• Attractive prizes shall be given to the winners of the competitions at Polling Station Location (Rangoli) Constituency, District and State levels (in respect of 4 competitions)
• The District and State level winning entries (1st, 2nd & 3rd) will be showcased along with the photograph on the CEO’s website I You Tube. Certificates shall also be awarded to all the winners.
• In order to have uniformity in the topics for competitions all over the State, the topics for Elocution and Essay Writing will be as below:
Juniors: Free and fair elections – Role of the political parties
Seniors: Voter registration Making more citizen-friendly
Juniors: Democracy in India – Marathon of Elections
Seniors: Registration of electors – Use of Technology
Juniors: Curbing of illegal/unethical practices during elections – Role of young voters I students.
Seniors: enhancing the quality of India Democracy.
(iii) Conduct of competitions at State Level:
• The 1st place winners of district level competitions in each event/category shall be sent for State-level competitions at Hyderabad on 24.01.2017 and prizes for State Level winners will be distributed during State Level NVO function at Ravindra Bharathi on 25.01.2017;
• The DEOs shall send the participants to Hyderabad along with one responsible Officer as Caretaker to reach by 24.01.2017 morning. They have to stay in Hyderabad up to the afternoon of 25.01.2017. Boarding and lodging facilities will be provided by the Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation & District Election Officer, Hyderabad.
• The DEOs shall send the list of participants for State level competitions and the Officer accompanying them to DEO., Hyderabad and this office by 21.01.2017 for making necessary arrangements.
• The Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation & District Election Officer, Hyderabad shall organize the State Level Competitions at Hyderabad.
• The DEO, Hyderabad will provide the boarding and lodging facilities to the participants of all competitions and their attendants and transportation for their participation in State Level function at Ravindra Bharathi on 25.01.2017;
• The DEO, Hyderabad will inform the venue of boarding and State Level Competitions to all the DEOs in advance along with the contact details of the Coordinator; NVD Celebrations
(iv) Involvement of NSS I NCC / other volunteers:
• Organize human chain I rally I marathons at Assembly Constituency and District Headquarters on NVD in association with the NSS / NCC / NYKs etc.
• The DEOs shall take necessary action to provide required logistics to NCC cadets I NSS volunteers on the above day.
• The DEOs shall specify the other volunteers if any, engaged for organizing the events other than NSS I NCC
(v) Presentation of Tableau:
• Exhibit the theme of “Empowering Young and Future Voters” through the Tableau
• The tableau shall be taken through all the Assembly Constituency Headquarters before 25.01.2017 and on the Republic Day Parade on 26.01.2017 at District Headquarters.
(vi) Conduct of All India Drawing Competition:
• The ECI instructed that All India Drawing Competition with a common topic of ‘Every Vote Counts’ is to be organized among 15-17 years old school children and the winners shall be felicitated on the National Voters’ Day function 2017
• The drawing can be an oil painting, watercolors, crayons, etc.
• The State level entries shall be finalized for sending to the Commission for the national competition and the national winning entry I entries will be selected among the State winning entries and awarded by the Hon’ble President at the National Voters’ Day national function on 25th January 2017 at New Delhi.
• The State shall bear the expenses for the travel I stay of the students and their one guardian each at New Delhi for 24/25th January 2017.
• Drawing Competitions shall be conducted at schools/ intermediate colleges on 05.01.2017
• 1st place winners of School I College level competitions shall be shortlisted for second-level competitions. The second level competition shall be organized at the district Level on 10.01.2017.
9 The 1st place winners at district level entries shall be finalized by 12.01.2017 and these entries shall be sent to this office by 16.01.2017 for finalizing the State entries to be sent to the Commission for the national competition.
• The name and detail of the 1st place winners at the district level along with a high-resolution image (maximum 300 dpi) of their winning entries shall be sent to this office through email / CD by 16.1.2017.
• The 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners shall be awarded prizes and certificates at AC I District Level Function to be conducted by the Electoral Registration Officers I District Election Officers on 25.01.2017.
• The School Education I Higher Education Depts., are being addressed in the matter.
• The respective District Election Officers and Electoral Registration Officers shall coordinate the competition events at School I College I District levels and furnish the winning entries on the stipulated dates.
(vii) National Voters’ Day Information:
• Photographs/videography clippings in connection with NVD, 2017 shall be uploaded on CEO’s website by the evening of zs= January as well as to send hard and soft copies along with newspaper
clippings and statistical information to this office by 15th February 2017.
• Professional photographer/videographer shall be engaged for taking such photographs/videography clippings, which are unique in nature and not a routine type of seating on the dais, speeches, etc.
• Immediately, on completion of NVD, some selected photographs of the NVD function at State I District I AC level shall be sent to this office through email by 5 pm on 25.1.2017, .so as to upload the same on CEOs’ websites I to send ECI.
• The District Election Officers shall report the compliance on NVD along with details of events held on NVD, 2017 at various levels along with a detailed report with photographs I video clippings shall be sent to this office by the 15th of February, 2017 in the shape of the booklet prepared by a Professional Agency.
• The.District Election Officers shall also send the information in the enclosed NVD reporting format twice – first report by 31.12.2016 and second by 02.02.2017, so as to furnish the consolidated information to the Commission and also to upload the same on ECI web site.
• The Assembly Constituency I District level winning entries in each category and names and photographs of the winners shall also be sent by 25.01.2017, so as to showcase on CEO’s website and to submit to the Election Commission of India.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details