Osmania University Professor posts/ OU Associate, Assistant Professors Recruitment 2017 Applications in the prescribed form, together with a Registration Fee of Rs.500/-(Rupees five hundred only) payable through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007, payable at Hyderabad, are invited for the following posts (SC/ST Backlogs ) under Faculties of Arts, Commerce, Education, Law, Social Sciences (Group-I)[SC-11,ST-10]and Science (Group-II)[SC-09, ST-16] and the following posts (SC/ST Backlogs ) under Group-III[ST-03] (Faculty of Technology) in the University Service so as to reach the undersigned in person or by post by 5:00 p.m. on or before 24-10-2016
OU News: Osmania University Vice Chancellor Prof Ramachandram said they would fill 415 vacant professor posts soon. The VC said he addressed a letter to the State government seeking permission to issue job notification. The university will release notification in July second week in case the government gives permission in this regard. He said the university would conduct screening test depending on the number of applications and interviews to be conducted to the eligible candidates.
1. Associate Professors,
2. Assistant Professors
Total: 49 Posts as per Advt.No.1/2014 and 2/2014
Scale of Pay: Associate Professor, Assistant Professor:
Age Limit: “The relaxation of age limit is extended to all the qualified candidates in addition to the in-service people for appointment of Associate / Assistant Professor in the University service”. Hence, there is no upper age limit for all eligible candidates.
Associate Professor under Group III:
a) BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) with First Class or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech. or ME/M.Tech. and Ph.D. or equivalent, in appropriate discipline.
b) Post Ph.D. publications and recognition as Ph.D. supervisor are highly desirable
c) Minimum of 5 years experience in teaching/research/industry of which 2 years post Ph.D. experience is desirable.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR under Group I and II:
i. Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/ relevant disciplines.
ii. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
iii. A minimum of Eight (8) years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/Industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of Five (5) publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
iv. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
v. A minimum consolidated API score requirement of (300) points from category-III of APIs.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR under Group I and II:
i) Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligiblity Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
iii) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
iv) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
1. The latest passport size photograph should be affixed to the application form.
2. The University reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
3. Filling of vacancies depends on the exigencies of teaching work. The University reserves the right to itself to increase or decrease the number of posts or not to fill up the notified posts
4. Candidates already in service must submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy but, if called for interview, they must produce a “No Objection Certificate “ from their employer.
5. Candidates will have to present themselves for an interview at their own expenses.
6. Candidates should bring all “Certificates in Original” for the interview.
7. Incomplete applications are liable to be REJECTED.
8. Candidates shall submit relevant Caste Certificate issued by competent Authority (Mandal Revenue Officer/Tahsildar)
How to apply:
1. The eligible candidates can apply in the prescribed form together with a registration fee of Rs. 500/- through Demand Draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Osmania University payable at Hyderabad.
2. Application form along with the details of qualifications, and the relevant conditions etc., can be obtained from the Director, Departmet of Publications and Press, Osmania University, Hyderabad- 500 007 on payment of Rs.75/- in person or by post by sending a D.D. for Rs.100/- drawn in favour of the Director, Department of Publications and Press, Osmania University, Hyderabad 500 007 along with a self-addressed envelope.
3. Application form and details can also be downloaded from the University Website www.osmania.ac.in. The filled in downloaded forms are accepted with a registration fee of Rs.575/- payable through Demand Draft only, drawn in favour of the Registrar, Osmania University, Hyderabad – 500 007, A.P., payable at Hyderabad.
4. The filled in applications should reach the undersigned in person or by Post by 5.00 p.m. on or before 28-07-2014. The University is not responsible for any postal delay. Any proof of posting/dispatch shall not be entertained for applications received after the last date.
Last date for submission of applications: 24-10-2016