TS Schools “School and Class Readiness Programme” Schedule: Guidelines for Launch of School Readiness and Class Readiness Programme for the year 2017 have been issued by TSSA Officials. Telangana SSA has decided to implement the School Readiness and Classroom Readiness programmes at School Level for this academic year. The school readiness programme should be started for classes I,II and class readiness programme should be started for classes II to VIII in TS Schools. All the Mandal Educational Officers would be implemented the programme and to make the programme successfully. Proceedings details as follows…
SSA, Telangana State, Hyderabad-Proc.Rc.No.02, Dated: 13 .06.2016:
Implementation of School Readiness Programme for new entrants into schooling i.e., Class I Students in all PS, UPS, CwSN of IERCs and Class Readiness Programme for Classes II to VIII – Reg.
The attention of all the District Education Officers, Project officers and principals of DIETs in the state is invited to the subject cited above, it is to inform you that as one of the Quality initiative for improvement of children enrolment and performance in the Government schools, the SSA of Telangana State desires to conduct School Readiness programme for class-I children and CwSN of IERCs i.e. school beginners and Class Readiness programme for the children of classes II to VIII at the beginning of the new academic year.
In pursuit of children’s academic improvement, already SSA has organized summer camps in last year covering children across the State targeting the low performing children. Still many low performing children were not covered in the summer camps. To address these children and to improve the enrolment of the children in the Government schools, SSA has proposed a twin programme i.e., School readiness and class Readiness programme.
School and Class Readiness Programme guidelines shall be communicated to MEOs in turn to communicate the same to Schools, which helps to implement the school readiness and class readiness programme in smooth manner. The guidelines and proceedings shall also be kept in official District website and blog and inform all the school HMs to access these materials.
Therefore, the DEOs, POs of SSA and Principals of DIETs in the state are requested to follow the instructions
School Readiness and Class Readiness Programme Schedule
A. School Readiness Programme:
Conduct of School Readiness programme for Class-I children and CwSN of IERCs from 21st March to 23rd April, 2017
b) Class Readiness Program:
Conduct of Class Readiness programme for the children of classes II to VIII 21-03-2017 to 23-04-2017
i) Revision/ Revisit/Recap of important concepts/skills of previous class.
ii) Teaching of basic concepts/skills for those children who lack them.
iii) Teaching of 3 R’s i.e Reading, Writing and simple Arithmetic for those children who lack 3-R’s.
iv) Make arrangements in the schools for the Radio programme through AIR for 15 min every day for six weeks targeting the children of class-1 and II, broad casting rhymes, stories, conversations.
v) The eligible CwSN who attained minimum level to be mainstreamed in to PS & UPS in a phased manner.
Further the DEOs and POs of SSA are instructed to take necessary steps in implementation of said academic programmes in the schools and constitute the monitoring teams at district level for effective implementation and send compliance report to the SPD. To print the instructional material about 25 pages approximately by respective DPOs duly following the norms approved for printing of summer camp material.
Guidelines for conduct of School Readiness and Class readiness programme is annexed in these proceedings. These guidelines shall be communicated to MEOs in turn to communicate the same to Schools, which helps to implement the school readiness and class readiness programme in smooth manner. The guidelines and proceedings shall also be kept in official District website and blog and inform all the school HMs for access of these materials.
TS Schools School Readiness Programme Guidelines, Action Plan, Schedule: As per Proceedings, Telangana SSA has decided to implement the School Readiness for classes I & II. In this connection, detailed guidelines for Launch of School Readiness and Class Readiness Programme for the year 2017-2018 have been issued by them. School Readiness program details as follows. telangana ts schools school readiness programme 2017-18,ts schools class readiness programme 2017-18,time table,guidelines, implementation instructions,objectives, action plan and schedule details given here
Guidelines for the implementation of School Readiness Programme for the year 2017-18
SCHOOL READINESS PROGRAMME:
Conduct of School Readiness programme for Class-I children and CwSN of IERCs from 21-03-2017 to 23-04-2017
Background of School Readiness Programme:
In the state of Telangana, children aged 5+ years are joine:l into primary and primary sections of upper primary schools directly without undergoing any organised pre-primary education. Further, the children with special needs (CwSN) who are enrolled in IERCs and who have attained minimum academic levels are to be mainstreamed into regular school system, thereby fulfilling the objective of Inclusive Education. All these children need to be smoothly inducted into the schooling system. With this purpose, a school readiness pi ogramme is suggested with the following objectives:
1. To make the children acquainted to school environment, thereby ensuring a smooth induction into the schooling system.
2. To project school as a joyful centre of learning for the children.
3. To attract parents towards government schools by conducting different activities.
4. To create a child friendly environment in the school for class 1 & class-II students .
5. To make young children feel comfortable and happy to attend the school regularly without any fear.
5. To develop pre learning skills of classes 1 & 2 children.
6. To expose the children to Early Reading early writing and Early maths programme
1. The School readiness programme for classes 1 & 2 will be conducted from 21-03-2017 to 23-04-2017.
2. The content of the Programme is based on play, songs, rhymes, activities on Sensory – motor skills, scribbling, storytelling, picture reading, counting, arranging the objects in descending order and ascending order according to the size etc.
3. A day wise schedule and activities indicated in the module given to the school during the last academic year shall be followed.
4. The three word formulae of Aata, Paata and Maata will be the process of achieving the objective.
5. Teachers will collect additional information and stories on the topics given in School Readiness and have to be kept ready for the programme.
6. The programme to be in a novel way and teacher to be a facilitator to derive the information on the days topic from the student.
7. As the world environmental day was 5th June falls in the midst of summer vacation, Student will be encouraged to know the importance of the day and also use the environment material in the process of learning.
Action plan of the School Readiness Programme:
Six (6) weeks School Readiness Programme (Induction Programme) may be prescribed in all primary and upper primary school.
1. Six weeks school readiness programme (Induction Programme) is prescribed in all primary, upper primary schools and IERCs
2. The School readiness programme for class-I in and IERCs will be conducted from 21-03-2017 to 23-04-2017.
3. The content of the Programme is based on play, songs, rhymes, activities on Sensory – motor skills, scribbling, storytelling, picture reading, counting, arranging the objects in descending order and ascending order according to the size etc.
4. A day wise schedule and activities indicated in the module given to the school during the last academic year shall be followed.
5. The three word formulae of Aata, Paata and Maata will be the process of achieving the objective.
6. Teachers will collect additional information and stories on the topics given in School Readiness and have to be kept ready for the programme.
7. The programme should be in a novel way and teacher should be facilitator to derive the information from the student.
Morning session(pre lunch session):
1. Includes Action Rhymes,
Additional Activities and
2. To minutes of radio sessions every day.
Early literacy and early mathematics, as mandated by GOI under the name ‘Pade bharath, Bade Bharath’, shall be taught in an innovative method. The method of teaching should encourage the students to develop their cognitive abilities and according to text books.
1. Resource Material:
A programme Sheet, a book let of 20 pages with transactional material, radio.
2. Resource Support:
Teachers will deal with the sessions directlv using the resource material.
Coverage of Schools:
The transactional material will be printed at district level as per the financial norms approved for summer camps