Roles and Responsibilities of MGNREGS functionaries for effective implementation of MGNREGS Scheme.
A s per the G.O.MS.No.15, the Government after careful consideration of the proposal of the Commissioner, Rural development hereby designate the MPDOs as Program Officers, MGNREGS for the effective implementation of the program and to satisfy the requirements of MGNREGS Act, 2005.
Further, it has been decided to strengthen the role of Panchayat Raj institutions in MGNREGS as stipulated in the Act, by entrusting appropriate roles in the implementation of MGNREGS to the functionaries of Mandal Parishads at Mandal level and Gram Panchayat at Village level.
Roles and Responsibilities of MGNREGS functionaries
The Mandal Parishad Development Officers as Program Officers, EGS shall be responsible for total implementation of the MGNREGS and report to PD, DWMA and Additional DPC for the purpose of implementation of MGNREGS.
The Panchayat Secretary at GP level is responsible for implementation of the schemeat GP level. The services of staff working in Mandal Parishad and at Gram Panchayat shall also be utilized for effective implementation of the scheme. The important roles and responsibilities of various functionaries in the implementation of MGNNREGS is provided here.
MPDO and PO, MGNREGS Roles and Responsibilities
- Report to Project Director, DWMA and Additional District Programme Coordinator.
- Coordinate with Asst Project Director in the implementation of MGNREGS
- Roles prescribed for PO in the MGNREG Act, 2005.
- Ensure that anyone who applies for work gets employment within 15 days.
- Issue Job Cards.
- Preparation of labour budget.
- Consolidation of all GP plans in the Mandal.
- Assess the work demand and ensure sufficient shelf of works to meet the Labour Budget.
- Monitoring and supervising implementation of works taken up by GPs and other implementing agencies within the Mandal.
- Ensuring prompt and fair payment of wages to all wage seekers and payment of unemployment allowance in case employment is not provided on time
- Maintaining proper accounts of the resources received, released and utilized
- Redressing grievances within the Mandal.
- Ensuring conduct of social audits and following up on required actions.
- Liaison with Banks and Post Offices in opening up of new accounts and making regular and timely payments to labour. Liaison between GPs and Mandal as also between Mandal and District for all correspondence and communication
- To involve all functionaries of Mandal and Gram Panchayat in implementation of MGNREGS entrust suitable responsibilities from time to time.
- Exercise control over all EGS functionaries working at Mandal level and send reports to competent authorities for taking disciplinary action in appropriate cases.
EO(PR and RD) Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Mandal plan and compilation of all GPs for approval by respective PRIs
- Inspection of Musters and worksite facilities.
- Monitor the field work of APO, EC and TAs.
AE(PR) Roles and Responsibilities
Works entrusted by MPDO from time to time
Supdt Roles and Responsibilities
- All establishment matters of MGNREGS.
- All the accounts of MGNREGS.
- Maintain payment watch register.
- Monitor the payment cycle.
- Monitor the work of CO.
Sr.Asst/Jr.Asst Roles and Responsibilities
Maintenance and Custody of records of MGNREGS with the assistance of CO
Addl PO Roles and Responsibilities
- Shall be under administrative control of Programme Officer and technical control of Asst.PD.
- Shall assist the MPDO in discharging all his functions as PO, MGNREGS.
- Exercise control on EC/TAs/CO/FA
- Issue of work commencement letters.
- Complete management of Muster Rolls and M.Books
- Timely pay order generation in coordination with all FA, CO, TA & ECs.
- Responsible for filing software problems of the Mandal in Request
- Tracking System (RTS) in online.
Engineering Consultant/ Junior Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of estimates for MI tanks and check dam/check wall.
- Technical approvals and revised technical approval within their powers of sanction.
- Shall maintain Technical Approval Register.
- Shall keep the sanctioned estimates of all the works in his custody.
- To make field visits in the entire mandal and guide Technical Assistants, Field Assistants/Mates in giving mark outs to works.
- Check measurements of works in M. Book as well as through eMMS.
- Closure of completed works.
Technical Asst Roles and Responsibilities
- Identification of new works and preparation of estimates for all works except MI tanks and check dams/check walls in the standard templates.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and quantity works.
- Measurement of works in M.Books and through e-MMS.
- Ensure mark outs at the worksites by FAs and build the capacities of FA and Mates in giving mark outs.
- Collect the muster roll from the work site in person and hand over to EC / check measurement officer physically.
- Custodian of current M.Books. M-Books of closed works shall be hand over to Addl.Programme Officer.
Computer Operator-Cum-Accounts Assistant Roles and Responsibilities
- Software transactions like generation of estimates, work commence letters, e-Muster printing, Muster entries, generation of payorders, generation of FTOs with the approval of competent authorities and all data entry operations.
- Assist on maintenance and custody of all records of MGNREGS at Mandal level.
- Maintain inventory register of all furniture, accessories, computers in MGNREGS.
- Responsible to keep all computers, printers, and other electronics accessories pertaining to MGNREGS in working condition.
- Assist the APO in filing the Change Requests in Request Tracking System (RTS).
- Assist in Social Audit and other Audits.
Panchayat secretary Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation of MGNREGS at Gram Panchayat.
- Preparation of GP plan, implementation and monitoring of works in coordination with Sarpanch and ward members.
- Coordinate the conduct of Gram Sabha for approval of Plans.
- Coordination of all stakeholders of MGNREGS at GP level.
- Exercise control on FA.
- Receive and process application for new job Cards.
- Receive work demand applications and issue dated receipts.
- Issue of work commencement letters.
- Ensure 100% opening of works on demand.
- Responsible for timely payment of wages.
- Head of GP Computer Centre(GCC)
Field Asst. Roles and Responsibilities
- Mobilize wage seekers and farmers in identification of works to meet the labour Budget.
- Mobilize wage seekers to apply for work Demand to ensure 100% entitlements provided in the Act in coordination with Village Organization of SHGs.
- Visit work sites every day to verify the muster attendance.
- Update Job Cards regularly
- Responsible to distribute wage slips to all wage seekers through Mates.
- Responsible to maintain of work site facilities through mates.
- Effective communication to all SSS groups/ federations on changes introduced in the programme from time to time.
- under administrative control of Panchayat Secretary.
- Under technical control of Technical Asst.
- Maintain all prescribed registers