TS LAWCET 2020 Schedule released on its official website. Telangana State Council of Higher Education(TSCHE) has released the LAWCET schedule in the month of February 2020 and the online application would be invited from the eligible candidates as per schedule through online mode in March 2020.
LAW Entrance test for entry into three years or five LLB / B.L Regular and Self Financing Courses in the Colleges of Law in Telangana State for the academic year 2020-2021.
TS LAWCET/PGLAWCET Web Note by TSCHE: The last date for payment of Fee and submission of online Application for LAWCET/PGLAWCET 2020 without late fee is extended upto 10-06-2020.
The last date for registration and submission of online application forms for TS LAWCET and PGLCET-2020 has been extended with a late fee of Rs 4,000 up to September 20.
On 09-09-2020, TS LAWCET and PGLCET convener Prof GB Reddy said the decision to enable registration of application forms was taken considering requests of many candidates who have already made payment of fee and to give a last chance for candidates to apply for TS LAWCET and PGLCET.
TSCHE has released the Entrance Tests Revised Schedule in Telangana State.
Education Department would conduct all the TS CETs as per the following revised dates. This year, all the entrance exams would be conducted online mode
The Law Common Entrance Test 2020 (LAWCET 2020) will be conducted by the Convenor, Department of Law, Kakatiya University, Warangal on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education(TSCHE), Hyderabad.
TSLAWCET/ TSPGLCET 2020: TS Law Common Entrance Test (TS LAWCET-2020) for admission into 3/5 years law courses (LL.B) and TS PG Law Common Entrance Test (TS PGLCET 2020) for admission into LL.M courses offered by state Universities in Telangana State including their affiliated colleges for the academic year 2020-21 will be conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad.
|Test Name||TS LAWCET|
|Courses||LLB, BL Course Admissions|
|Eligibility||a. 3-year LL.B Course- Any Graduate Degree.|
b. 5 Year LL.B. Course- Intermediate Examination.
|Selection||Through TS LAWCET Rank|
|Application||Online mode from March 06|
|Last Date to Apply||10-06-2020|
|Entrance Exam Date||09-10-2020|
|Conducting University||Osmania University|
a. 3-year LL.B Course- Any Graduate Degree.
b. 5 Year LL.B. Course- Intermediate Examination.
c. LL.M- LL.B./ B.L.
Late applicants will need to pay a late fee depending on the time frame of the application. The Hall-tickets can be downloaded from May.. for the exam scheduled for May. The key will be released in May while the results will be out in June.
TS LAWCET Exam Date:
|Test Name||TS LAWCET|
|Exam Timings||From 11.00 am to 12.30 pm|
Eligibility for TS LAWCET 2020:
3-year LL.B Course: The Candidates for 3 years LL.B. should have passed any Graduate Degree (10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Universities concerned. If any candidate secured less than 45% in graduation he should have passed any additional graduation or post-graduation with 45%.
5 Year LL.B. Course: The Candidates for 5 years LL.B. should have passed two-year Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the University concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P / TS.
|For General Students||Rs.800/-|
|For SC/ST Students||Rs.500/-|
How To Apply: Candidates can apply through online mode. Candidates who wish to apply for Telangana LAWCET 2020 are requested to fill the particulars carefully in ONLINE APPLICATION. The required information should be collected from the relevant documents.
Important dates: TS LAWCET Schedule
- 1. Notification of TS LAWCET-2020 02-03-2020
- 2. Commencement of Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with registration fee of Rs.800/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST & PH) 06-03-2020
- 3. Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form without Late Fee 10-06-2020
- 4. Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.500/- 20-06-2020
- 5. Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.1000/- 27-06-2020
- 6. Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.2000/- 30-06-2020
- 7. Last Date for Submission & Registration of Online Application Form with Late Fee of Rs.4000/- 03-07-2020
- 8. Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate 20-06-2020 to 30-06-2020 @ 5 PM
- 9. Commencement of Downloading of Hall Tickets 02-07-2020
- 10. Date of TS LAWCET & PGLCET -2020 Examination 10-07-2020
- 11. Announcement of Preliminary Key 14-07-2020
- 12. Last Date of Submission of Objections on Preliminary Key 16-07-2020 @ 5 PM
- 13. Announcement of Final Key and Test Entrance Results (Tentative) 24-07-2020
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Who are eligible to seek admission in LL.B. (3 YDC) and LL.B. (5 YDC Integrated Courses) in the State of Telangana?
Candidates with any Graduation (10+2+3 pattern) or its equivalent and having 45% of marks ( 40% of marks in the case of SC/STs ) are eligible for admission in 3 years LL.B. course, and candidates with Intermediate ( 10+2 pattern) or its equivalent examination and having 45% of marks (40% of marks in the case of SC/STs) are eligible for admission in 5 years integrated LL.B. course. ( As per G.O. Ms No.31 Dated. 18-3-2009)
- Is it necessary to qualify in the TSLAWCET to get admission into University and Private Law Colleges in the State of Telangana?
It is absolutely necessary for admission to University colleges (in all seats). In affiliated Law Colleges in the State of Telangana, 80% of the seats are to be filled up exclusively with TSLAWCET qualified candidates (i.e., in the Convener’s quota) and it is mandatory to qualify in the LAWCET examination of the concerned year for admission in the Convener quota
- Whether direct appearance in Graduation in one sitting without basic qualifications of 10th class (or equivalent) and 10+2/Intermediate (or equivalent), will make the candidates eligible for seeking admission in LL.B. (3- YDC)
NO. The candidate must have passed his graduation in 10+2+3 pattern i.e. 10th class + 2 years Intermediate + 3 years Graduation, by securing minimum qualifying marks.
- Whether ITI (Industrial Training Institute) certificate is treated as equivalent to Intermediate.
No. it is not recognized as equal to 2 years Intermediate.
- Whether the Polytechnic Diploma Holders are treated as having passed examination equivalent to Intermediate.
YES. In certain cases. Only the under mentioned Diploma Courses are equivalent to Intermediate. A. Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering B. Diploma in Civil Engineering C. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering D. Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering E. Diploma in Architecture and F. D.D.A. Etc. (See G.O. Ms. No.112 Dated. 27-10-2001 for all the details)
- Are Engineering, Medical, Architecture, Pharmacy, and agriculture, etc. graduates eligible to seek admission in LL.B. (3 years) course?
YES. If they are treated as graduates by the concerned universities and Association of Indian Universities.
- Whether the candidates who pursued Intermediate from Telangana Open School (TOSS), Andhra Pradesh Open School (APOSS) and National Open School (NIOS) are treated on par with 2 years Intermediate Candidates.
YES. As per G.O. Ms No.170 Dated.04.09.2010. Intermediate from TOSS (Telangana Open School), APOSS( Andhra Pradesh Open School) and NIOS (National Open School) are treated on par with 2 years Intermediate Candidates.
- Whether the candidates who pursued Degree from Open Universities or through distance education are eligible for seeking admission into 3-year law course.
YES. But the candidate should have passed basic qualification, i.e. Tenth class plus Intermediate (10+2) and three years study of graduation through Open University or distance education.
- Whether the candidates who have first completed graduation and then intermediate are eligible, for seeking admission in LL.B. (3-Years) courses.
NO. But they can appear for 5 years integrated law course on the basis of 10+2 (i.e. 10th class and Intermediate), if they have passed in such exams with stipulated minimum marks.
- Whether the candidates who have pursued entire study in other states apart from Telangana State are eligible for seeking admission into LL.B. courses within Telangana State.
They may be considered in Non-Local quota/ NIQ (National Integration Quota), provided they are qualified in the TS LAWCET.
- What is the qualifying examination?
For 3 years course, Graduation is the qualifying examination, and For 5 years course, Intermediate is qualifying examination.
- What is the qualifying examination ‘percentage of Marks’?
For 3 years course, Graduation’s Percentage of Marks For 5 years course, Intermediate’s percentage of marks
- What is qualifying examination Hall Ticket Number?
For 3-year course Graduation Hall Ticket No. For 5-year course Intermediate Hall Ticket No.
- What are the gateways of payment of a fee?
Debit cards / Credit Cards & Net banking are the gateways of payment of a fee
- Are Entrance Test centres available in other states of India?
Apart from Telangana, selected entrance test centres will be available in State of Andhra Pradesh only, and not in the other States of India.