TS SMC Elections Guidelines, SMC Schedule for TS Schools 2019, School Management Committees Selection in Telangana Schools and Warangal Schools, SMC Formation Guidelines. Selection of new SMCs 2019-2020 as per rule(19)of GO.41 RC.2577 Dt.18-7-16.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER OF SCHOOL EDUCATION &
EX OFFICIO STATE PROJECT DIRECTOR,
SAMAGRA SHIKSHA, TELANGANA, HYDERABAD
Proc.No.2751/SSAICMOIT412018, dt: 18.11.2019.
Subject: TSS Hyderabad-Selection of School Management Committees in the
State Take action -Reg
1)G.O.Ms.No.41. School Education (PE-SSA) Dept.. dated 19.06.2013.
2.This office Proc.Rc.No.2577IT5ICMOl2015.dt: 18.07.2016.
3)This office Proc.Rc.No.2751 ISSAICMOIT4/20 l 8.dt:30.07.2018.
4)This office Proc.Rc.No.275l/SSA/CMO/T4/2018, dt:30.01.2019.
5)This office Proc.Rc.No.275l/SSAICMO/T4/2018, dt:30.07.2019.
The attention of all the District Educational Officer & Fx-Orficio District Projeet Officers in the State is invited to the references read above and they are requested to take action for formation of new School Management Committees by 30.11.20 I 9 as per Rule ( 19) of G.O.Ms.No. 41, SE(PESSA) Dept, dt: 19.06.2013 and submit compliance.
The schedule for selection of SMC members are enclosed herewith. Encl: Copy of the GO.4 I enclosed.
Commissioner of School Education,
Ex-Officio State Project Director
SMC ELECTION SCHEDULE
- 22.11.2019 by 10.00 AM:Issue of notice to conduct of Election to SMC Members, Chairman & Vice Chairman
- 22.11.2019 by 02.00 PM:Display of parents list for conduct of Election to SMC Members in the Notice Board or Primary /Upper primary Classes/ High Schools
- 23.11.2019 and 25.11.2019 by 9.00 AM to 04.00 :Calling of objections on parents list and Redressal of Grievances if any
- 26.11.2019 by 11.00 AM:Finalization of parents list for conduct of Election to SMCs and its display in the Notice Board or the Primary /Upper Primary Schools/ High Schools. Conduct of Election for selection of SMC 7.00 AM to 1.00 PM Members.Finalization of elected SMC Members &
- 30.1 1.2019 by 1.30 PM:Conduct of Election for selection of SMC Members.Finalization of elected SMC Members & Formation of New SMCs by 7.00 AM to 1.00
Conduct of Election of Chairman & Vice Chairman by SMC members by 1.30 PM
Conduct First SMC Meeting by 2.00 PM to 04.00 PM
READ|SMC Formation Guidelines and Election Process
SMC (School Management Committee)
A School Management Committee (SCHOOL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE) shall be constituted in every school, other than an unaided school, within its jurisdiction, within six months of the commencement of the Act and reconstituted every two years.
The composition of the committee will be as follows
(a) The committee in case of a primary school shall be a 27 member committee. Of them 24 members shall be from the mother / father or guardian of the children enrolled in the school. One member shall be the elected representative one member may be the nominee of the mahila smakhyas of the village concerned. The head teacher or the in charge head teacher of the school shall be ex-officio member/convener of the committee.
(b) In the primary school, members will be selected as follows-
(i) mother / father or guardian of each of such child who has secured highest percentage of marks in the annual examination of the preceding academic session in class I, II, III, and IV;
(ii) mother / father or guardian of each of such child who has secured lowest percentage of marks in the annual examination of the preceding academic session in class I, II, III, and IV;
(iii) mother / father or guardian of children one each belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward classes and muslim minority categories who have secured highest percentage of marks in their respective category in the annual examination of the preceding academic session in classes I to IV thus taking four parents of the categories noted above from each class.
(iv) Corporator / Counselor of the ward in urban areas and one member of the ward of the Gram Panchayat in rural areas incharge of education, where the school is situated;
(v) Head teacher or the in charge head teacher of the school shall be the member convener.
(vi) An eminent educationist or a philanthropist or a person who supports the school in the neighborhood or an eminent NGO representative as co-opted by the School Management Committee.
(vii) There shall be atleast two children in the committee one of them may be a girl child in case of a school running in co-educational mode, who shall be special invitees. Provided that 50% of the members of the School Management Committee shall be women.
TS SMC Elections Guidelines, Schedule:
SMC Minutes 1
SMC Voter List
SMC Manual Book
SMC Elections Schedule
Invitation SMC HS
SMS Elections Files
Important Files for SMC Election
Pledge of SMCs
Invitation Letter for High Schools
SMC Election Notice
(c) In an upper primary school, having primary section also, in addition to the categories noted above, additional members will be selected as follows-
(i) Mother / father or guardian of each of such child who has secured highest marks in the annual examination of the preceding academic session in classes V and VI
(ii) Mother / father or guardian of each of such child who has secured lowest marks in the annual examination of the preceding academic session in classes V and VI
(iii) Mother / father or guardian of children one each belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, other backward classes and muslim minority categories who have secured highest percentage of marks in their respective category in the annual examination of the preceding academic session in classes V and VI
(iv) Corporator / Councilor of the ward in urban areas and one member of the ward of the Gram Panchayat in rural areas, where the school is situated;
(v) Head teacher or the in charge head teacher of the school shall be the member convener.
(vi) There shall be atleast two children in the committee one of them may be a girl child in case of a school running in co-educational mode, who shall be invitees.
(3) The Sarpanch shall be the chairperson of the School Management Committee in rural areas and in Municipal areas the concerned Councilor / Corporator shall be the Chairperson of the School Management Committee, of the schools falling in their respective jurisdictions.
(i) There shall be a vice- chairperson of the committee elected from amongst the members.
Provided further that if the chairperson is not from the scheduled castes, or scheduled tribes or other back ward classes, the vice-chairperson shall be from any of these classes.
GO.130 Amendment to RTE Rules 2010
GO.41 Amendment to GO.20 RTE Rules 2016
GO.20 RTE Rule under RTE ACT 2009
(4) The Vice Chairperson shall be elected from amongst the members of the committee representing the parent community. Provided that the members representing the local bodies and the head teacher or the incharge head teacher shall not be eligible for participating in election nor they will have any voting right.
(5) The School Management Committee shall meet at least once a month and the minutes and decisions of the meetings shall be properly recorded and made available to the public.
(6) The School Management Committee shall, in addition to the functions specified in clauses (a) to (d) of sub-section (2) of section 21, perform the following functions:
(a) Arrange to demonstrate learning outcomes of the children in the areas of reading, writing, simple arithmetic and comprehension, picking the children at random from each class and shall also pay attention to student absenteeism and teacher absenteeism and take steps to reduce the absenteeism of children in particular
(b) Arrange to maintain a list of all children in the neighbourhood who are in the age group of 6-14 years and shall take effective steps to enroll the out of school children
(c) Ensure the implementation of clauses (a) and (e) of section 24 and section 28,
(d) Ensure the enrolment and continued attendance of all the children from the neighbourhood in the school;
(e) Monitor the maintenance of the norms and standards prescribed in the Schedule;
(f) Bring to the notice of the local authority any deviation from the norms and standards relating to rights of the child, in particular, mental and physical harassment of children, denial of admission, and timely provision of free entitlements as per sub-section (2) of section 3.
(g) Identify the needs, prepare a Plan, and monitor the implementation of the provisions of Section 4.
(h) Monitor the identification, enrolment and facilities for learning by disabled children, and ensure their participation and completion of elementary education.
(i) Monitor the implementation of the Mid-Day Meal in the school.
(j) Prepare an annual account of receipts and expenditure of the school.
READ|AP SMC Elections Guidelines
(7) Any money received shall be credited to the bank account of the School Management committee. The account shall be the joint account of the chairman and the convener of the committee. The account will be made available for audit when ever required. At the end of each year utilization certificate shall be submitted to the authority releasing the grants.
(8) The committee shall also get the accounts audited by either a chartered accountant or a local fund auditor or an auditor from the cooperative department.
SSA SPD Telangana,
Sub: School Education Selection of the School Management Committees in the State – Take necessary action – Instructions issued – Reg.
- This office Proc.Rc.No.2803/SSA/Plg/T7/2015, dated:04/09/2015
- This office Lr.Rc.No.2577/T8/T5/CM0/2015, dated:29/02/2019.
3.Govt. Memo No.6924/SE-Prog.I/2015 5, dated:30/06/2019.
In continuation of this office proceedings 1st read above, all the District Project Officers in the State are informed that in the reference 3rd read above (Govt.have requested to take action on the selection of School Management Committees as per Rule (19) of G.O.Ms.No.41, SE (PE.SSA) Dept., dated:19/06/2013.
All the District Project Officers in the State are therefore requested to take necessary action as per the instructions issued in reference 3rd read above.
This has the approval of State Project Director, Sarva Shiksha Abhivan, Telangana, Hyderabad.
SSA SPD Telangana, Proc.Rc.No.2577,Dated:18107/2016
Subject: SE-Prog.I-Selection of the School Management Committees in the State – Take action
1) From the State Project Director, Santa Shiksha Abhiyan,(T) Hyderabad, Lr.No.2577/TSSA/C8/2015,dt: 13.11.2015 and 12/2015.
2) From the SPD, TSSA,Lr.Rc.No.2577/18/1-5/010/2015, dt: 29.02, 2019.
3)Memo.No.6924/SE-Prog.1/201.5-1 ,Dt:24.11.2015, 8.01,2019 & 22.02.2019 & 09.03.2019.
4) From the SPD, TSSA, Hyd Lr.Rc.No.2577/I8TTS/0/10/2015, dt:29,02.2019 received on 25.06.2019
The attention of the State Project Director, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan,Telangana, Hyderabad is invited to the references and he is requested to take action in the matter, as per Rule (19) of G.O.N.No.41, SE (PESSA) Deptt dt:19.06.2013.
DSE Telangana, Govt Memo.No.61924,Dt:30-06-2016
SSA PO Warangal,
Subject: SSA-Warangal-Selection of the School Management Committees in the district-Orders Issued – Reg.
- The State Project Director, SSA, Telangana, Hyderabad,Pr.Rc.No.2577/T5/CMO/201, Dated. 18.07.2019.
- Govt. Memo No. 6924/SE-Progl/2015-5, dated:30.06.2019.
With reference to the subject cited above, the State Project Director, SSA, Telangana, Hyderabad has issued guidelines for selection of the School Management Committees in the district.
All the Mandal Educational Officers / Head Masters of the concerned mandals that follow the guidelines of the School Management Committee and furnish the details and take necessary action as per the instructions issued in reference 2nd read above (copy enclosed)