TSSA Instructions for Implementation of RAA Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan: SSA Telangana Proc. Rc.No.2740/SSA/T6/2015,Dated: 04 .07.2016: Sub: SSA, Telangana State, Hyderabad – Pedagogy Wing -Communication of guidelines to DEOs, POs of SSA and Principals of DIETs to select 5% of Primary and Upper Primary Schools in the districts to continue the implementation of Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan (RAA) – Reg.
All the District Educational Officers, Project Officers of SSA and the Principals of DIETs / CTEs in the state are informed that MHRD has launched Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan (RAA) throughout the country in primary to higher secondary schools (6-18 years age group) in pursuance of the focus on connecting school-based knowledge to live outside the school making learning of science, mathematics a joyful meaningful activity and to bring focus on innovation and use of technology.
In this regard, the RAA brochure and guidelines were sent to all districts in the month of August 2015. RAA brochure is available at the MHRD website (mhrd.gov.in/rashtriya-avishkar-abhiyan).
MHRD has selected three Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) as mentoring institutes i.e. NIT, Warangal, IIT, Hyderabad and UoH, Hyderabad for Telangana state and asked them to select 3 to 4 schools in their area to implement RAA in those schools (in the pilot year 2015-16). In 2015-16 these three mentoring institutes covered 3 districts and they selected a total 14 schools,
Rest of the 7 districts selected 10 schools each whose performance is best in science and maths, schools which have laboratory facilities and good science and maths teachers, schools which have participated in science and mathematics fairs, schools who got INSPIRE awards, etc. these districts also selected mentoring institutes (EngineerJng colleges, Polytechnic colleges other prominent technical institutes in their area) to mentor the schools frequently.
The specific intervention of mentoring institutes is sought in the following:
- Mentoring of teachers
- Mentoring of school science facility
- Mentoring of school children by graduate students of the mentoring institutes
- Internship of school children at mentoring institutes
Further it is submitted that MI-IRD suggested to cover 5% of Government primary and upper primary schools for 2016-17 academic year.
|S. No||District Name||Primary Schools||Upper Primary Schools||Total Schools||5% of Schools|
The DEOs, P.Os of SSA and Principals of DIETs / CTEs are instructed to implement the following
1. The DEOs and P.Os of SSA to instruct AMOs and MEOs to select 5% of PS and UP schools of their district following the selection criteria i.e. all schools must be CAL schools (only PS and UPS) and to send the list to Pedagogy wing of SPO (firstname.lastname@example.org) with DISE code, name of the HM, phone/mobile number of HM, etc
2. To send the revised guidelines (annexed) to PS, UPS school heads and science and mathematics teachers of all classes for effective implementation of RAA. TSSA Instructions for Implementation of RAA
Therefore the District Educational Officers, Project Officers of SSA and the Principals of DIETs / CTEs in the state are once again requested to identify 5% of CAL Schools (only PS and UPS) and follow the guidelines of RAA for the effective implementation of RAA in the state. Encl: Revised guidelines