Telangana Sarva Siksha Abhiyan is implementing several interventions for Children with Special Needs. The Telangana state has identified 73226 CwSN, out of a total child population of 4467982, which is 1.64% of the total children; however in census 2011 it was recorded as 1,32,710 CwSN. In this regard, the Ministry of HRD has advised about the need for reassessment of these numbers. Hence, it has been decided to verify the most popular and pragmatic data of Samagra Kutumba Survey (SKS) which will be more accurate to reach the unreached.
As part of this survey, Inclusive Education Resource Person will visit all the habitations in their respective mandals to verify the CwSN data of Samagra Kutumba Survey(SKS) and check whether any CwSN is left out without getting services from SSA i.e. enrolment in school/IERC, Home Based Education, Support of Aids and Appliance, corrective surgeries etc., Points to follow during the survey.
Out of School CwSN Survey Conducting Guidelines:
- The data of CwSN in SKS should be a base for conducting of OSC survey, the CwSN listed in the data has to be verified / vetted by the IERPs for the age, type of disability, kind of services needed etc., however, percentage of disability needs to be assessed by a medical professionals only during medical assessment camps.
- In this process, the IERPs shall visit a habitation along with the SKS data of that habitation and shall personally visit the child’s house and complete the verification.
- At the time of verification by the IERP, even though the disability mentioned in the data found correct or incorrect, the IERP shall invariably mention the disability as per his/ her opinion against the child name. If the child does not fall under any category of disability, then it shall be mentioned as -N.A- i.e. (Not Applicable).
- If the IERPs find some names of CwSN missing in the list they should brought to the notice of the school Head Master and should include such names in the same list. Such newly added names shall be handed over to the mandal MIS coordinator for online data entry.
- The total villages in the mandals shall be shared between the two IERPs in the mandal under proper acknowledgement. They shall be informed to complete the survey before the deadline given to them.
- At the time of submission of formats by the IERPs, the DPO shall cross check whether all the entrusted villages are covered by him/ her and whether the formats are duly signed by the school HMs with office seal and ensure that all habitations in the district are covered.
- The IERP shall handover the verified formats to the mandal MIS coordinator. The mandal MIS coordinator shall add New names or delete Not Applicable (N.A) records as specified by the IERP in the verified formats. Further the mandal MIS coordinator shall update the information filled by the IERP in the survey format against each record. The IERPs have to be advised to keep one set of such verified formats with them as a word of caution.
- The formats received from the IERPs for data entry shall be bundled mandal wise (village wise) and will be used for the Medical Assessment camps. (DPO shall keep one photo copy set of all mandal formats in the office).