Uniform Allowance & Uniform Maintenance allowance Revised Rates: Government of AP, Allowances- Manual of Special Pays and Allowances – Recommendations– Revised rates of Uniform Allowance and Uniform Maintenance allowance of Tenth Pay Revision Commission – Orders – Issued. GO.MS.No. 175,Dated: 15-12-2015.
1. G.O.Ms.No.130, Finance (TA) Department, dated: 17.04.2010.
2. G.O.Ms.No.46, Finance (HRM.V-PC) Department, Dt: 30-04-2015.
A. UNIFORM ALLOWANCE:
In the Government Order 1st read above, based on the recommendations of the Ninth Pay Revision Commission 2010, orders were issued in the Government order, enhancing the rates of Uniform Allowance to several categories of employees belonging to various departments listed in the Annexure to that G.O.
2. Based on the recommendations of the Tenth Pay Revision Commission orders were issued in the Government order second read above, implementing the Revised Scales of Pay, 2015 to the State Government employees.
3. The Tenth Pay Revision Commission, in its report, while observing that the rates of Uniform Allowance / Clothing Allowance / Special Uniform Grant and the periodicity of payment of the same were not uniform, recommended uniform rates of allowances and uniform periodicity of payment of the said allowances.
4. Government have decided to accept the recommendations of Tenth Pay Revision Commission and hereby order that the payment of Uniform Allowance in cash at the following rates once in a year.
|I.||(a) For employees belonging to uniformed services, (viz) Police, (except Grey hounds, S.I.B. Personnel, C.I.D., & Dist. Spl. Branches) Prohibition & Excise, Forest, Fire & Emergency Services, Prisons & correctional services Transport, Legal metrology, Ports departments and the employees belonging to Municipalities.||Rs.2000/- p.a.||Rs.3000/- p.a.,|
|(b) For the Operational Staff in “Grey Hounds” and S.I.B. Units of Police Department||Rs.5000/- p.a.||Rs.7500/- p.a.,|
|(c) For the Staff in C.I.D. and Dist. Special Branches covered by G.O.(P)No.511, Fin (TA) Dept., Dt. 11-06-04.||Rs.300/- p.a.||Rs.450/- p.a.,|
|II.||For the Nursing personnel working in all the Medical Departments, i.e. Medical Education, Health, Family Welfare, Institute of Preventive Medicine, Insurance Medical Services & Ayush Departments.||Rs.1500/- p.a.||Rs.2250/- p.a.,|
|III.||For the employees of High Court, AP Administrative Tribunal and other courts for whom wearing of Black Coat is compulsory as per the orders of H.C./ A.P.A.T./ other courts.||Rs.1000/- p.a||Rs.1500/- p.a.|
|IV.||For the staff who have to wear Apron compulsorily in Laboratories / Dispensaries / Hospitals etc.,||Rs.500/- p.a.||Rs.750/- p.a.|
5. In respect of item Nos. I, II, and III above, the categories of posts for which Uniform Allowance is to be paid is given in Annexure to this G.O. In respect of item Nos. IV it is ordered that HM&FW Department shall notify, in consultation with Finance Department, the categories of posts for which this allowance is payable.
6. In respect of the staff belonging to Protocol Department and Raj Bhavan, for whom separate dresses are prescribed, the existing procedure of supplying the uniform is ordered to be continued for the officers and other employees. Similarly, in the case of staff belonging to Andhra Pradesh Bhavan, New Delhi, for whom separate dresses are prescribed for summer season and winter season, the existing procedure of supply of dress to the Class IV employees is ordered to be continued.
In respect of other staff of Andhra Pradesh Bhavan summer / winter Uniform Allowance is being paid as per G.O.Ms. No.410, G.A. (GH.I) Department, dt.12.10.2001. The revised rates of these two allowances are shown against each item.
|Sl. No.||Uniform Allowance||Existing rate Rs.||Revised rate Rs.|
|1.||Summer Uniform Allowance||750/- per head per annum.||1125/- per head per annum.|
|2.||Winter Uniform Allowance||1000/- per head per annum.||1500/- per head per annum.|
7. It is also ordered that the Uniform Allowance at the revised rates are payable once in a year, along with the salary for the month of March payable in April every year.
B. UNIFORM MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE:
8. The Tenth P.R.C. endorsed the recommendations of Ninth PRC (2010) that those who are eligible for Uniform Allowance should automatically be eligible for Uniform allowance and recommended enhanced rates of Uniform Maintenance Allowance.
9. Government have decided to accept the recommendations of Tenth Pay Revision Commission and hereby order, that Uniform Maintenance Allowance be paid at Rs.150/- per month in cash to all the categories who have to wear Uniform as specified in items ‘A’, ‘B’, and ‘C’, of Annexure to this order; and at Rs.75/- per month in cash for all other categories who have to wear only Apron/coats etc., vide item ‘D’ of Annexure and staff of Laboratories/Dispensaries/ Hospitals etc.
This Uniform Maintenance Allowance is payable only to such of the categories to whom Uniform Allowance is admissible as per the orders in ‘A’ above. In the case of staff belonging to Raj Bhavan, Andhra Pradesh Bhavan, New Delhi and Protocol Department where supply of Uniform is ordered to be continued as stated in para ‘6’ of ‘A’ above, the Uniform Maintenance Allowance at Rs.150/- per month is also payable.
10. These orders shall come into force with effect from 01-12-2015.
11. The existing rules and orders prescribing conditions for the grant and utilization of the Uniform Allowance shall continue to apply.
12. Necessary amendment to the Manual of Special Pays and Allowances will be issued in due course.
ANNEXURE to G.O.MS.No. 175, Finance (HR.VI-TFR-A&L-TA) Department, dated: 15-12-2015.
List of Posts for which Uniform Allowance is Admissible
(A) Uniformed Services:
(i) Police Department. (Other than “Grey Hounds” & “S.I.B”).
(a) Superintendent of Police (Non-Cadre) and equivalent ranks.
(b) Additional Superintendent of Police (Non-Cadre) and equivalent ranks.
(c) Deputy Superintendent of Police and equivalent ranks
(d) Inspector of Police and equivalent ranks
(e) Sub-Inspector of Police and equivalent ranks
(f) Assistant Sub Inspector of Police and equivalent ranks
(g) Head Constable and equivalent ranks
(h) Police Constable and equivalent ranks
(ii) “Grey Hounds” Unit of Police Department
(i) Group Commander
(ii) Squadron Commander
(iii) Assault Commander D.S.P. (Communications)
(iv) Dy. Assault Commander/ Inspectors (Communications) (v) Asst. Assault Commander/ S.I & ASI (Communications) (vi) Sr. Commandos, H.C (communications) H.C. (Dog Squad) (vii) Jr. Commandos, P.C/F.E. (communications) Dog Boys, P.C. (Dog Squad) (j) S.I.B. Personnel (k) Staff in C.I.D. and District Special Branches
(iii) Prisons & Correctional Services Department:
(a) Additional Inspector General. (b) Deputy Inspector General.
(c) Superintendent of Jail and equivalent ranks.
(d) Deputy Superintendent of Jail and equivalent ranks. (e) Jailors and equivalent ranks.
(f) Deputy Jailors and equivalent ranks.
(g) Assistant Superintendent Borstal School
(h) Assistant Matron
(i) Chief Head Warder
(j) Head Warder
(iv) Prohibition & Excise Department
(a) Deputy Commissioner
(b) Assistant Commissioner
(c) Prohibition and Excise Superintendent
(d) Assistant Excise Superintendent
(e) Prohibition and Excise Inspector
(f) Prohibition and Excise Sub. Inspector
(g) Excise Head Constable
(h) Excise Constable
(i) Tree Markers
(v) Forest Department:
(a) Forest Range Officer (b) Deputy Range Officer (c) Forest Section Officer (d) Forest Beat Officer
(e) Assistant Beat Officer
(f) Keeper (lion) / Head Animal Keeper
(g) Animal Keeper / Mahavit
(h) Zoo Sergeant
(j) Gate Keeper
(vi) Transport Department:
(a) Deputy Transport Commissioner
(b) Regional Transport Officer/Secretary to R.T.A. (c) Motor Vehicles Inspector
(d) Assistant Motor Vehicles Inspector
(e) Transport Head Constable
(f) Transport Constable
(vii) Legal Metrology Department
(a) Senior Inspector
(d) Manual Assistants
(viii) Fire & Emergency Services Department
(b) Additional Director (c) Regional Fire Officer (d) Divisional Fire Officer
(e) Assistant Divisional Fire Officer
(f) Station Fire Officer
(g) Leading Fireman
(h) Firemen and equivalent ranks
(i) Driver Operator
(ix) Ports Department
(a) Port Conservator
(b) Assistant Port Conservator-cum-Wharf Supervisor.
(B) Staff of Municipalities
(a) Sanitary Inspector
(b) Maternity Assistants
(c) Health Visitor / Health Assistant
(d) Sanitary Maistries
(C) Nursing Personnel
(a) Nursing Superintendents
(b) Head Nurses
(c) Staff Nurses
(d) Auxiliary Nurse Midwives/ Maternity Assistants
(f) Sister Nurse (g) Health Visitor (h) MNO/FNO
(D) (i) The staff of A.P. High Court
(a) Court Master, (b) Court Officer, (c) Section Officer
(d) Scrutiny Officer
(e) Accounts Officer
(f) P.S to Hon’ble Judges, (g) P.S. to Registrar
(h) The driver of the Vehicles of Hon’ble Judges & Registrars
(i) Office Subordinate (Attender) attached to the Hon’ble Judges & Registrars.
(ii) Staff of A.P.A.T. (a) Section Officer (b) Scrutiny Officer (c) Court Officer,
(d) Court Master,
(e) P.A to Hon’ble Chairman, Vice Chairman, Members and Registrar.
(f) The driver of the Vehicles of Hon’ble Chairman, Vice Chairman, Members and Registrar.
(g) Office Subordinate (Attender) attached to the Hon’ble Chairman, Vice Chairman, Members and Registrar.
(iii) The staff of Special Court under AP Land Grabbing (Prohibition) Act.
(a) P.Ss to Hon’ble Chairman and Members
(b) P.As to Hon’ble Chairman and Members (c) Court Master
(d) Court Officer