UPSC Civil Services Mains 2019: Exam pattern
The main examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in subsection (B) of Section II out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature. Also, see Note (ii) under Para I of Section II (B) Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VII) and marks obtained in an interview for personality test will be counted for ranking.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the main examination as may be fixed by the commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test, vide sub-section ‘C’ of Section II.
The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice of the number of vacancies to be filled.
The interview will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the main examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking. Candidates will be allotted to the various Services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and posts.
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2019: Selection procedure
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination
Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
About UPSC Civil Services examination:
The UPSC conducts the civil services examination for recruitment to the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and other central services and posts in accordance with the rules published by the Department of Personnel and Training in the Gazette of India extraordinary.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination 2019 admit cards have been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on their official website – upsconline.nic.in on 11th September. The UPSC exams for the Civil Services Main Examination 2019 are scheduled to start from September 20 to September 29. All the candidates appearing for the examination can download the admit cards from the official website upsc.gov.in. The results of the civil services preliminary examination were declared and the prelims. The candidates appearing for the mains can go to the website and download their admit card/hall tickets.
1. The Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2019 will be held in two sessions and each session will have three hours plus twenty minutes per hour (total sixty minutes) compensatory time for Visually Impaired candidates (visual impairment 40% or more) and the candidates with Locomotor Disability with Cerebral Palsy (suffering from dominant writing) extremity with minimum 40% impairment only. Such candidates will accordingly be allowed three hours and sixty minutes to answer in each session.
2. The Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will be allowed to avail the assistance of such Scribe, only if he/she carries a valid Scribe Admit Card duly issued by the Commission for such purpose.
3. The Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will not be allowed to change their Scribe subsequently without intimating the commission.
4. The scribe will read out the question to the candidate and on candidate’s instruction, will write the answer in the QCA booklet.
5. The scribe will make no gestures, sounds or any other response or communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of the answer being recorded by him/her. Any such attempt would entail disqualification of the candidate and stringent action against both the candidate and the scribe shall be taken.
6. The peace in the examination hall or of the other candidates seated in the examination hall should not be disturbed while the scribe reads out the questions to the candidate or when the candidate indicates the correct response to the scribe for marking in the answer-sheet.
7. The candidate and the scribe will sign a declaration that they are aware of/have read the Commission’s instructions regarding the conduct of the candidate and his/her scribe and they undertake to abide by these instructions.
8. No TA/DA or any remuneration will be paid by the Commission either to the candidate or the scribe brought by him/her.
9. Violation of any of the instructions shall entail cancellation of the candidature of the candidate in addition to any other appropriate action that may be taken by the Commission against the candidate/scribe. Both the candidate and the scribe shall be subject to the rules of examination and action will be taken against them for violation of the same as per rules of the examination.
The UPSC Civil Services Main (CSM) admit cards can be downloaded from these websites: www.upsc.gov.in and www.upsconline.nic.in.
The UPSC CS competitive examination comprises two successive stages :
1) Civil Services (Prelims) exam (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main exam; and
2) Civil Services (Mains) exam (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
UPSC is conducting CS examinations this year to fill approximately 980 vacancies. The UPSC had declared the CS prelims 2019 results on July last week.
“The Commission has uploaded the e-Admit Cards on its website. The eligible candidates are advised to download their e-Admit Cards and take a printout thereof. No paper Admit Card will be issued for this examination by the Commission,” said the notification posted on the official website of UPSC.”
UPSC Civil Services (Main) Exam admit cards @ upsc.gov.in: How to download:
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the admit cards of Civil Services Main Exam 2019 on its official website, the link for which is upsc.gov.in. As per the schedule released by the UPSC, the Civil Services Main Exam 2019 will be held from September 20 to September 29
Timings of the exam:
Forenoon Session: 9 am to 12 noon
Afternoon Session: 2 pm to 5 pm
UPSC Civil Services Main 2019 Admit card: How to download
Step 1: Log on to the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in
Step 2: On the homepage, look for the link which says “UPSC Civil Services 2019 Main Exam e-Admit Card’
Step 3: Enter your registration number/roll number along with the password
Step 4: Click on submit
Step 5: UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2019 admit cards will be displayed on the screen
Step 6: Download it and take a print out of the same for future reference.
Structure of the Civil Services Examination
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) comprises of two successive stages:
Civil Services (Preliminary) examination
Civil Services (Main) examination (written and interview)
About UPSC: The UPSC conducts civil services exams annually in three stages: preliminary, main and interview, to select candidates to fill administrative positions in different all-India services and central civil services including IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS among others.
1. Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
2. Mention your Name, Roll Number,Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
3. Bring this e-Admit Card (Print out) in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall. e-Admit Card may be preserved till the declaration of written result .
4. You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card , the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
5. Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
6. You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination .
7. If you appear at a centre / sub-centre/optional subject other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card , your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
8. Please Read the “Rules/Instructions for the Examination” Published in the Employment News and available on the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in and “Poster” containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
9. Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
10. Use of Scientific(Non-Programmable type) Calculators is allowed and if considered necessary may be brought by candidates Programmable type calculators are,however, not allowed in this examination.
11. Possession/Use of Mobile Phones and other Electronics/Communication devices is banned in the examination premises.Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
12. For conventional(essay-type) Papers,candidate must note that they should strictly answer all parts and sub-parts of a question in the question Cum Answer (QCA) booklet in the space provided under each question part in the (QCA) booklet.
13. Candidates are advised to ensure that spaces/pages remaining blank are clearly crossed out before the QCA booklet are handed over to the invigilator.
14. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items in the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
15. Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, Passport,Voter I Card etc. and passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
16. Violation of any instruction(s) shall entail cancellation of candidature of the candidate in addition to any other appropriate action that may be taken by the commission against the candidate.
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam e Admit Card 2019:
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam e Admit Card 2019 download