Additional HRA in Lieu of Rent Free Accommodation for AP TS Employees and List of Govt. Servants: Some of the government employees services are to be required beyond the office hours also. So, the Government has been declaring certain posts in several departments as eligible for rent free accommodation.
This is because their presence is essential for the discharge of duties not only during normal office hours but also beyond those hours. At times the supervisory authorities are required to stay in the hospitals, projects, institutions etc., through out the day and night.
For all these type of employees Government may not be in a position to provide accommodation on the premises or in the vicinity of the institution. Therefore, the Government officials are required to stay in a private accommodation near their place of duty.
Government had declared various categories of employees who are entitled for rent free accommodation from time to time. If rent free accommodation is not provided, Government have been allowing Additional HRA to meet the additional cost.
Based on recommendations of PRC-2005, the Government employees who are eligible for rent free accommodation are in receipt of 8% of their basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.500/- per month with effect from 15.10.2005.
1.The 9th PRC Commission (PRC-2010) recommended that in the context of increase in the house rents in various cities and towns.
2.In order to meet the additional burden the existing rate of Additional HRA of 8% of basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.500/- be continued at 8% of the basic pay but enhanced the maximum limit Rs.1000/- per month.
3.Based on that orders were issued in G.O.Ms.No.121, Finance(TA) Department, dated 08/04/2010.
- By these orders Additional H.R.A shall be payable at 8% of basic pay of the employee under the Revised Pay Scales- 2010, subject to a maximum of Rs.1,000/ per month in cases where rent free accommodation could not be provided by the Government to the employees holding the posts to which rent free accommodation shall be provided by Government as per rules.
1.This Commission recommends that in the context of increasein the house rents in various cities and towns .
- In order to meet the additional burden the existing rate of Additional HRA of 8% of basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.1,000/ be continued at 8% of the basic pay but increase the maximum limit to Rs.2,000/ per month.
- Telangana State Government have decided to accept the recommendation of Tenth Pay Revision Commission and hereby orders were issued in G.O.MS.No. 46 Dated:21-04-2015.
- By these orders Additional House Rent Allowance shall be payable at 8% of the basic pay of the employee under the Revised Pay Scales-2015, subject to a maximum of Rs.2000/- per month in cases where rent free accommodation could not be provided by the Government to the employees holding the posts to which rent free accommodation shall be provided by Government as per rules.
- These orders shall come into force with effect from 01.04.2015.
6.The above benefit of enhancement in above mentioned para 4 is not available for those employees eligible for Additional H.R.A. and who opt to continue to draw pay in Revised Pay Scales-2010 or Revised U.G.C. Pay Scales- 2006. They shall continue to draw Additional H.R.A. as per G.O.Ms.No.121, Finance (TA) Department,dated: 08-04-2010.
- The list of Government servants entitled to rent free accommodation is shown in the Annexure to this Order and no other Government servant is eligible to claim this allowance except those specified in the Annexure.
List of Government servants entitled to rent free accommodation: Additional HRA in Lieu of Rent Free Accommodation
- Anti Corruption Bureau
ii. Joint Director
iii. Director of Prosecutions
iv. Additional Director of Prosecutions
v. Deputy Superintendent of Police
vi. Inspectors of Police
vii. Head Constables
viii. Police Constables
x. S.B. Manager
xi. S.B. Clerks
- Education Department
One member of the teaching staff who is appointed as warden for supervising the inmates of the hostels attached to the educational institutions (i.e., Colleges and Schools)
- Engineering Department
i. Anicut/Canal/Channel/regulator/lock/weir/tank/sluice/wharf/ delta/Calingula/launch, Lascars who belong to the water regulationestablishment and mile coolies employed on conservancy works.
ii. Watchmen incharge of Inspection bungalows, stores and vacant building.
iii. Reservoir/anicut/regulator/Channel/lock/Wharf/Weir/tank/dam superintendents who belong to the water regulation establishment.
iv. Conservancy/anicutmaistries and fitters who belong to the water regulation establishment.
- General Administration Department Superior and subordinate staff of the Governor.
- Medical Department
i. Nursing superintendents, Head Nurses, staff nurses, Maternity Assistants, Female nursing orderliness in all hospitals in the state.
ii. Female attendants in Mental hospitals in the State
- Police Department
i. Deputy Superintendents of Police, Special, Crime and ‘X’ Branches, C.I.D.
ii. Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and Assistant Commissioners of Police, Hyderabad City.
iii. Head Constables and Constables of the permanent establishment of the C.I.D.
- Prisons Department
i. Superintendents of Central Jails.
iii. Deputy Jailors and Reserve Deputy Jailors.
iv. Gate Keepers, Chief Head Wardens and Reserve Head Warders in Jails.
v. Warder establishment.
NOTE: Andhra Pradesh state Government G.O to be released on Additional House Rent Allowance recommendations of PRC-2015.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details