Guidelines for Gratuity Payment, Family pension to CPS Employees. AP GO.47 Guidelines for Payment of Gratuity to AP CPS Employees. Guidelines for Invalidation Pension & Family pension to AP CPS Employees. Retirement Gratuity, Death Gratuity to CPS Employees Comprehensive guidelines for Payment of Retirement /Death gratuity and Family pension to AP CPS Employees. AP GO.47 for Contributory Pension Scheme Employees.
GOVER NMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH:
Pensions – Contributory Pension Scheme (NPS) –Payment of Gratuity to the employees covered by CPS and invalidation pension & family pension at the option of the employee/ family members in case of premature exit due invalidation/death of the employee – Comprehensive guidelines – issued.
FI NANCE (HR.V) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 47, Dated: 20-04-2018
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms. No. 653, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 22.09.2004
2. G.O.Ms. No. 654, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 22.09.2004
3. O.M. No.38/41/05, P&PW(A), dated 05.05.2009 of Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare.
4. Cir.Memo No.30857/422/A1/Pen.I/2010, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dt.08.03.2010
5. G.O.Ms. No. 62, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 07.03.2014
6. The PFRDA Regulations dated 11.5.2015 on Exit and Withdrawals under the NPS Regulations, 2015.
7. O.M. No.7/5/2012, P&PW(F)/B, dated 26.08.2016 of Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioner s Welfare.
8. No.28/03/2016-, P&P W(B), dated 10.01.2017 of Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare.
9. G.O.Ms. No. 107, Finance (HR.V) Department, dated 29.06.2017.
10. G.O.Ms. No. 121, Finance (HR.V) Department, dated 18.07.2017.
11. From A.P.JAC of Employees, Teachers, Workers, and Retired Employees Associations Representation, dated 04.12.2017.
12. From Andhra Prades h Contributory Pension Scheme Employees Association(APCPSE A) Representation, dated. 15.02.2018.
The government introduced the Contributory Pension Scheme with effect from 01.09.2004 to all its employees who were recruited on or after 01.09.2004 vi de G.O. first read above. In the said G.O. orders were issued stating that the A.P. Revised Pension Rules, are not applicable to the employees covered by the Contributory Pension Scheme.
The Government of India has allowed ed certain additional benefits on provisional basis vide O.M third read above, subject to the condition that the funds accumulated in the NPS account should be adjusted against the payments made under CCS Pension Rules,1972, until further orders. These benefits are:
(i) Invalid Pension and Retirement Gratuity, in case of retirement from Government service on invalidation not attributable to Government duty;
(ii) Family pension (including enhanced family pension) and Death gratuity, in case of death in service not attributable to Government duty;
(iii) Disability pension and Retirement gratuity, in case of discharge from Government service due to disease or injury attributable to Government duty; and
(iv) Extra-ordinary family pension and Death gratuity, in case of death in service attributable to Government duty.
2. In the reference fourth read above, instructions were issued extending the aforementioned benefit provisionally to the employees of State Government covered by Contributory Pension Scheme (NPS) in to, duly applying similar provisions of the A.P. Revised Pension Rules, 1980 with a condition to adjust the payments/relief made to the employees against the amount accumulated funds in CPS account, pending finalization of the guidelines.
However, while issuing order vide G.O. fifth read above, adopting exit policy and interim guidelines, the orders issued in the reference fourth read above were withdrawn, as a result of which the benefits of Retirement /Death gratuity and Family pension, extended as additional relief by the G.O.I. vide GO third above to its employees are not admissible to the similarly placed persons in the State Government service or their legal heirs.
3. Orders were issued vide ninth read above allowing Retirement gratuity and Death gratuity to the employees covered by CPS(NPS). Vide G.O tenth read above, orders were issued allowing option of invalidation pension and family pension to the employees covered by CPS(NPS) and their family members in case of premature exit due to invalidation/death duly restoring the provisions of G.O fifth read above on the condition that the benefit shall be extended only after remitting the accumulated pension wealth in their CPS account to the Government account.
4. Government hereby issue the following guidelines for effective implementation of the orders issued vide G.Os ninth and tenth read above:
a. The Accountant General (A&E), Andhra Pradesh shall be the competent authority to issue authorizations for Death Cum Retirement Gratuity and invalidation pension/family pension to the state government employees covered by CPS (NPS) and their family members.
In respect of Class-IV and other low paid employees, the Audit Officers of the Local fund Audit Department in each District and in the case of Headquarters the Audit Officer working in the Office of the Director of Local Fund Audit, Vijayawada shall be the competent authority.
b. Those who opt for the benefit of invalidation pension/family pension, shall remit back the accumulated Pension Wealth in the CPS account into the Government account under the following head of account:
Major Head: 0071- Contributions and Recoveries towards Pension and other Retirement benefits
Sub Major Head: 01 – Civil
Minor Head: 101 – Subscriptions and Contributions
Sub-head: 06 – Refund of Accumulated Pension Wealth in lieu of Family Pension sanctioned to CPS (NPS) employees (to be opened)
5. Accordingly, the Pension Sanctioning Authorities shall forward the proposals in terms of orders issued in the ninth and tenth read above to the Principal Accountant General (A&E), A.P. and Audit Officers in the Local Fund Audit Department as the case may be.
6. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts shall make necessary arrangements for adjustment and remit back the accumulated pension wealth in the CPS account into the Government account keeping in view of the procedure envisaged by the PFRDA in their
letter No. PFRDA/16/14/02/0002/2017-REG-EXIT, Dt. 15.01.2018 read with PFRDA letter No.CRA/SNPSL/SG/2016/62, Dt. 09.06.2016 duly furnishing the required information in Annexure-I&II
while collecting the necessary documents for sanction/release of family pension and ensure that funds/accumulated wealth of CPS (NPS) is transferred to the Nodal Office’s bank account for remitting into Government account as mentioned at para 4(b) above as per para 11& 12 of G.O.Ms. No.121, Finance (HR.V) Department, Dt. 18.07.2017.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details