GO.60 – Retirement Gratuity Death Gratuity to TS CPS Employees. TS CPS Employees are eligible for Retirement gratuity, Death gratuity benefit by GO.60. Government employees covered by Contributory Pension Scheme (NPS) shall be eligible for benefit of ‘Retirement gratuity and Death gratuity’ on the same terms and conditions, as are applicable to employees covered by T.S. Revised Pension Rules 1980.
The State government on Wednesday issued a Government Order extending benefits of retirement gratuity and death gratuity to State government employees who are covered under the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS). The GO said the Central government introduced CPS with effect from September 2004 for all State government employees recruited on or after September 1, 2004.
Earlier, the employees covered under CPS were excluded from the applicability of TS Revised Pension Rules-1980 and employees covered under CPS were not eligible to avail gratuity benefits. Retirement Gratuity Death Gratuity.
Subsequently, the Central government allowed the benefits of retirement gratuity and death gratuity to government employees covered under CPS on the same terms and conditions as applicable to employees covered by Central Civil Service. Based on the Ministry of Personnel Public Grievance and Pension order, the State employee’s unions made several requests to the State government to implement the same.
Considering the unions’ requests, the government extend similar benefits as allowed by the Central government and passed separate GO facilitating employees to enjoy the benefits of retirement gratuity and death gratuity. TS employee union president T Padmachary thanked the State government for extending benefits to State government employees.
G.O.Ms.No. 60; Dated: 23-05-2018:: GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA – FINANCE (HRM.V) DEPARTMENT – PENSIONS – Contributory Pension Scheme – Extension of benefits of ‘Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity’ to the State Government employees covered by Contributory Pension Scheme (National Pension System) – Orders issued.
Read the following.
1. G.O.Ms. No.653, Finance (Pension) Department, Dt. 22.9.2004.
2. O.M. No.7/5/2012, P&PW(F)/B, dated 26.8.2016 of Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances &Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare.
In the G.O. 1st read above, the Contributory Pension Scheme was introduced with effect from 01.09.2004 to all State Government employees who are recruited on or after 01.09.2004. The employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme are excluded from the applicability of T.S. Revised Pension Rules 1980. Accordingly, employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme are not eligible for benefit of Gratuity.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, the Government of India allowed the benefit of ‘Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity’ to the Government employees covered by National Pension System on the same terms and conditions, as are applicable to employees covered by Central Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1972.
3. Several representations were made to the Government to extend similar benefits as allowed by the Government of India i.e., ‘Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity’ to the Government employees covered by Contributory Pension Scheme (National Pension System) in the State.
4. Government, after careful consideration, hereby extends the benefit of Retirement Gratuity/ Death Gratuity to all the employees as mentioned in the G.O.Ms.No.653, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated.22.09.2004, covered by the Contributory Pension Scheme (National Pension System) on the pattern applicable to employees governed by the Telangana Revised Pension Rules, 1980.
5. le to those Government employees who joined Government service on or after 01.09.2004 and are covered by Contributory Pension Scheme and shall take effect from the same date i.e., 01.09.2004.
6. The necessary amendment to the Telangana Revised Pension Rules, 1980 and the guidelines for drawal of amounts as per this order will be issued separately.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details