NPS CPS Guidelines: GO112 NPS CPS Procedure for Uploading the CPS Contributions of Govt Employees, Government Of Andhra Pradesh, NPS/National Pension System, CPS/Contributory Pension Scheme – Procedure for uploading the contributions of the regular Government servants, who come under NPS and who are working on Foreign Service – Orders -Issued.
FINANCE (HRM.V-Pensions) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.112; Dated: 09.09.2015
Read the following:
1) G.O.Ms.No.653, 654 and 655 Dated 24/09/2004 of Finance (Pen-I) Department.
2) DTAs Lr. No.D(II)1/12065/2012, Dated 15/04/2014.
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government have introduced National Pension System (NPS), i.e., Contributory Pension Scheme to the AP State Government employees who were appointed on or after 01/09/2004 and issued operational guidelines thereon. In the New pension scheme each employee shall pay a monthly contribution of 10% (Basic Pay + DA) from his salary and the Government will contribute an equal amount as its share.
2. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad informed that the pay and allowances of the Government servants working on Foreign Service terms and conditions are not drawn from the treasury system and because of this, the CPS deductions of those employees are not captured and transferred to the respective subscriber’s accounts by the treasuries through the existing mode of subscription transfers.
For this purpose the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad has proposed a detailed procedure in order to facilitate uploading the data and transfer of CPS contributions of all such employees who are working on Foreign Service. NPS CPS Guidelines
3. The detailed procedure for uploading the CPS contribution of employee’s: Government accordingly issue the following detailed procedure for uploading the CPS contribution of employee’s as well as employer’s share to the Central Record-keeping Agency (CRA) and for transfer of funds to the subscriber’s accounts in respect of the Government servants working with certain borrowing authorities on Foreign Service terms:
a. The Drawing and Disbursing Officer of the foreign employer (Borrowing Department) registers with the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, who provides a User ID and Password and also a facility for furnishing the details of Employee Subscription and Employer contribution to be transferred to the individual’s account.
b. The Drawing and Disbursing Officer of the Borrowing Department concerned deducts the CPS subscription from the employee’s pay10% (Pay + DA) and provides the details of employee and subscription by logging into the treasury system and thereby the system enables to generate two challans-One towards Employee subscription under the HOA: 8342-00-117-00-04-001-000-NVN and the other towards Employer Contribution under the HOA 8342-00-117-00-04-003 (Employer Contribution in respect of Government servants working on Foreign Service)-000-NVN (to be opened.)
c. The Drawing and Disbursing Officer of the Borrowing Department remits the two challans to the Heads of account concerned through a Government authorized Bank. The challan once generated will be valid for 14 days from the date of generation. If it is not remitted within period, it automatically gets lapsed and the Drawing and Disbursing Officer is required to generate a fresh challan.
d. The details of challan remittances made as above are captured centralized in the DTA, processed and uploaded to the CRA for crediting into the individual accounts.
e. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad reconciles the details, draws the funds corresponding to the uploaded data towards both contributions and transfers the same to the trustee bank as per the procedures prescribed. NPS CPS Guidelines
4. For this purpose, to facilitate uploading the contributions of all the CPS employees working on Foreign Service, the Director of Treasuries and Accounts shall take action to create a new Drawing and Disbursing Officer ID and obtain a separate DTO/PAO Registration No. from the NSDL / CRA and all the transactions into those subscribers accounts shall be conducted and monitored through this registration. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad is authorized to permit this DTO to open PD Accounts under the above said Head of Account for effecting the required funds transfer.
5. The subscribers, who do not have PRAN, shall obtain them by submitting required application to the CRA through the respective appointing authority (Lending Department) and the treasury officer / PAO of the respective jurisdiction.
6. In cases where in the Employee Subscription was already deducted and remitted into HOA: 8342-00-117-00-04-001-000-NVN, but the employer’s contributions is not remitted, the borrowing authority is required to remit Employer Contribution under the HOA : 8342-00-117-00-04-003-000-NVN and furnish those details together to enable the treasury to verify the details and transfer the data and the funds to the respective subscribers account.
7. All the Departments of Secretariat and all Heads of Departments are requested to issue necessary instructions to all the Drawing and Disbursing Officers where Government servants are working on deputation on foreign services basis to follow the above procedure scrupulously.
8. Necessary amendments to the Andhra Pradesh Fundamental Rules will be issued separately.
9. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, AP., Hyderabad is directed to take action accordingly.