AP GO.39 Death relief amount enhanced to 15,000/- Relief in case of death of pensioners: Govt Of AP, GO.MS.No.39,Dated: 08-03-2016- PENSIONS-Death Relief – Relief in case of death of pensioners/Family Pensioners in receipt of pension –Raised to a minimum of Rs.15,000/- Orders-Issued.
- G.O.Ms.No.504, Finance Department, Dated 10.12.1976
- G.O.Ms.No.238 Finance (Pen.I) Department dated 16.8.2008
- G.O.Ms.No.102, Finance (Pen.I) Department, Dated 06.04.2010.
- G.O.Ms.No.136,Finance(Pen.I)Department dated 29.06.2011
- G.O. Ms. No. 95, G.A (Spl.A) Department, dated 28.02.2013.
- G.O.Ms.No.51, Finance (HRM.VI) Department, dated 08.05.2015.
Orders were issued in the G.O. 1st read above to the effect that a relief, on the event of the death of a retired Government employees in receipt of service pension, in lump sum amount equal to one month’s pension, subject to a minimum of Rs.150/- shall be payable to a nominee who has been nominated by the pensioner in accordance with the instructions laid down therein. Subsequently, in the G.O.3rd read above, the minimum amount of relief was raised from Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 10,000/- and extended the relief in cases where the spouse of the pensioner predeceases the pensioner.
Death Relief Amount Enhanced:
- In the G.O.2nd read above, orders were issued extending the above relief to all the categories of Non-Government Service Pensioners whose service pension is being charged to 2071 – Pension & Other Retirement Benefits.
- In the G.O.4th read above,Government extended the death relief to the family pensioner i.e., in case of demise of family pensioner, the amount shall be paid to the legal heirs of the family pensioner.
- Government after careful consideration,hereby order that the existing minimum amount of death relief of Rs.10,000/- shall be raised to Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only).
- The Pension Disbursing Officers concerned shall arrange payment of the amount to the nominee. In case where the nominee is predeceased the payment shall be disbursed to the alternative nominee or legal heirs as far as possible, on the same day of the death of the Service Pensioner/Family Pensioner or on the next working day immediately following the day of the death of the Pensioner.
- All other conditions and instructions issued in the references read above shall however continue to be in force. These orders shall apply to the cases of deaths occurred on or after the date of issue of these orders.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details