6th Class Admissions in AP KGBVs. Andhra Pradesh Education Department Amaravathi has given AP KGBV 6th Class Admissions 2020 notification on its official web portal for filling up of vacancy seats in 352 Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalayas (KGBs) running across the state
APKGBV web portal is accepting online applications for the 6th class for the academic year 2020-2021. Eligible and interested Girl students can apply online from July 10 to August 15.
Only poor, orphaned. out-of-school(OSC), Drop out (Non-OSC) children are eligible to apply for admission in AP KGBVs. It was made clear that only online applications would be considered. Applications can be found at https://apkgbv.apcfss.in/.
KGBV girls’ schools established with the aim of providing basic education to rural poor girls. These schools are functioning as part of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan scheme.
Girls who do not go to school, girls drop out in the middle of school, orphans, children and families below the poverty line can enrol in this school. 10 year old girls are admitted to the sixth class.
In AP, there are a total of 352 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (AP KGBV Schools) across the state. AP KGB Schools are run in the manner of Gurukuls. Student can study up to the eighth lass here.
Seat allocation: There are 40 seats in each class. 50 per cent seats jointly for SC and ST categories. 45 per cent seats for BCs and 5 per cent seats allotted to minorities and OC.
Minority schools are up to 18 in Andhra Pradesh. Of these, 75 per cent seats are reserved for minorities. The remaining percentage of seats are allotted to SC, ST and BC.
Girls are enrolled in Mandal wise schools. The children of the nearby Mandal will be given the chance of remaining seats
Every year, Govt of AP, School Education Department will give the AP KGBVs6th Class Admissions 2020 notification for admission into class 6th admissions in the APKGBVs [AP Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas] and Applications are invited from the eligible girls for admission into class VI at Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) schools located in the AP State.
The KGBV schools are for dropout girl children in the age group of 10 to 14 years for pursuing studies in classes VI to VIII and later on admitted to Class IX at regular schools.
The previous academic year, eligible students approached the schools with their parents or guardians. For the current academic year, eligible students may apply through online mode only at the above-mentioned website.
Admitted students would be given food, uniforms and books and can also utilise the facilities of LCD projector, DVD players and tailoring machines. Also, student’s parents or relatives are covered under the accident insurance for Rs. 1 lakh. A monthly sum of Rs. 100 is deposited in the student’s account for three years that can be withdrawn after she joins Class IX in regular schools.
Features and Facilities
- The girls enrolled in these AP KGBV Gurukul schools are given free textbooks and uniforms.
- Provide better medical facilities.
- They would be trained in vocational education. In addition to studying, they would be trained in tailoring, embroidery, dance, music and pottery.
- Classrooms include teaching through an LCD projector, DVD player.
- Each student has a Rs 1 lakh insurance.
- Free meals and accommodation will be provided.
- The daily meal was designed with all kinds of vitamins and minerals, including milk, eggs and greens (leaf curry), in mind for girls’ nutrition.
- An amount is credited to the students account for three years at the rate of one hundred rupees per month.
- This will enable students to study class nine and class ten in regular schools
Eligibility Criteria for Enrollment of Girls:
1. Identification of girls for KGBV
2. Girls 10+ age group considered for KGBV.
3. Girls who have no primary schooling facility within 1 KM radius.
4. Over age girls from Residential Bridge courses.
5. Girls who have no upper primary education facility for further studies in their village own village.
6. Priority is given to SC/ST/OBC girls and those belonging to BPL families
The KGBVs are primarily meant for girls from disadvantaged communities such as SC, ST, OBC and minorities from low female literacy manuals. While enrolling children in the KGBVs the following shall be given priority:
1. Girls who have dropped out or never enrolled in school.
2. Orphans and semi-orphans.
3. Children from the BPL category.
Each KGBV is permitted to enrol up to 200 children in classes 6 to 10.
The following shall be ensured:
i) Admissions into KGBVs are for classes 6 to 8 only. In exceptional cases such as orphans, single-parent children, etc., admissions may be made to classes 9 and 10.
ii) Normally, admissions should not exceed 40 per class in classes 6 – 8.
iii) If there is no vacancy in the KGBV in the same Mandal, i.e., if the number 40 per class has been achieved, the eligible girls should be taken to the neighbouring Mandal where there is a vacancy.
I. Direct Admissions based on among the applicants in the following order.
1. Dropout girl children in the age group of 10 to 14 years for pursuing studies in VI to VIII
a. 1st preference for orphans/semi orphans
b. 2nd preference for the Girls of disadvantaged groups.
Steps in Admissions:
1. Opening of Admission Desk in the respective KGBV
2. Receiving of applications by the respective KGBV staff (SO & CRTs).
3. Scrutiny of applications by the Committee (respective MEO, 2 SOs, concerned Complex HM).
4. Approval of provisional admission list by the DEO.
5. Display of Admission List in the District website, Notice Board of DEO Office/MRC/all KGBVs.
6. Commencement of Classes in August
For Admission List following needs to be considered.
First Preference To Applications From Same Mandal. Within The Same Mandal Following Rules Apply. (Same Mandal means the MANDAL of the current address of the applicant and the MANDAL of the School where admission is sought)
- OSC – first all the OSC students would be considered only
- i. OSC should have studied in Govt School
- ii. Any student out of school for 6 months or above
- b. Orphans and Semi Orphans
- c. PHC
- After Assigning Above For Remaining Seats Out Of 40 Following Logic Would Be Applicable
- 50% of the remaining seats will go to ST and SC combined
- Of the remaining seats available after the SC and SC allocation, following allocation of seats will happen.
- i. BC-A, B, C,D,E = Total 45% of the remaining seats
- 1st. A = 7%
- 2nd. B = 10%
- 3rd. C=1%
- 4th. D = 7%
- 5th. E = 5%
- ii. Remaining 5% of the Seats will be reserved for OC and Minorities
If the figure of 40 student per class is not achieved then go to nearest mandals. A. Within mandals in the same district preference should be given to mandals with less literacy rates. Dept. to give literacy rates of all the mandals in AP. Example : if the total students allocated after the above are 36 then for the remaining 4 students the logic could be to look up applications from other mandals in the same district, refer to the literacy rate of the mandal and give preference to the lowest and further in that order.
Minority – BC – there are 18 Minority Schools (refer to the Table] and separate report to be generated for these schools. In these Schools admission criteria would be different from above.
The Criteria is as follows : 1st preference to the minorities reserved at 75% of the total seats irrespective of OSC and OC 2nd preference to OSC Students (general and minority) C. 3rd-Orphans and Semi Orphans D. Of the remaining seats 50% to ST and SC and 50% to BC
Important Dates for AP KGBV Admissions:
- Application Start Date: 10-7-2020
- Application End Date: 15-08-2020
AP KGBV Admission 2020 Schedule
The following schedule for Admissions in to KGBVs
|Item of Work||Schedule|
|Issue of admission notification by the Head Office||09.07.2020|
|Acceptance of online application||10.07.2020 to 15.08.2020|
|Publication of online applications list by APCFSS and Communication to District||24.07.2020|
|Scrutinize and processing of application by the APCs||27.07.2020 to 30.07.2020|
|Publication of selection List||31.07.2020|
|Commencement of Classes and orientation to Parents & Students||03.08.2020|
AP KGBV: AP Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (AP KGBV) is a scheme launched, for setting up residential schools for girls at upper primary level belonging to the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
This scheme is being implemented in across the state where the female rural literacy is below the national average and gender gap in literacy is above the national average.
The scheme provides for a minimum reservation of 75% of the seats for girls belonging to SC, ST, OBC or minority communities and priority for the remaining 25%, to girls from families below poverty line.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details