AP KGBV Admission 2023 or AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023 notification has been released by the Andhra Pradesh Education Department on its official website, https://apkgbv.apcfss.in/.
AP KGBV Admission Notification for filling up of 6th class regular vacancy seats in 352 Kasturba Gandhi Vadyalays (KGBVs) running across the Andhra Pradesh State.
Girl students who are eligible and interested to join in AP KGBV Schools can check details and submit the online applications at KGBV Admission portal for 6th class admission for 2023-24.
Education is a basic human right that should be accessible to all, regardless of their socio-economic background or gender. Unfortunately, in many parts of the world, including India, girls from marginalized communities are often denied this right.
This is where the Andhra Pradesh Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (AP KGBV) program comes in. Established in 2004, the AP KGBV aims to provide quality education to girls from disadvantaged backgrounds in grades 6 to 10.
The Andhra Pradesh Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) has recently announced the admission process for the 6th class for the academic year 2023. KGBV is a unique initiative by the Government of India that aims to provide quality education to girls from marginalized communities.
APKGBV web portal is accepting online applications for the 6th class. Only poor, orphaned. out-of-school (OSC), Drop out (Non-OSC) children are eligible to apply for admission in AP KGBVs. It was made clear that only online applications would be considered.
KGBV girls’ schools established with the aim of providing basic education to rural poor girls. These schools are functioning as part of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan scheme.
Girls who do not go to school, girls drop out in the middle of school, orphans, children and families below the poverty line can enroll in this school. 10 year old girls are admitted to the sixth class.
In AP, there are a total of 352 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (AP KGBV Schools) across the state. AP KGB Schools are run in the manner of Gurukuls. Student can study up to the eighth lass here.
|Name of the admission||AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023|
|Title||Apply for AP KGBV Class 6 Admission 2023|
|Subject||The Department released AP KGBV 6th Class Admission Notification 2023|
|Last date to apply||20-04-2023|
What is AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023?
AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023 is a program that provides education to girls from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds in the 6th grade.
The program is run by the Andhra Pradesh government and is part of the larger KGBV program. The aim of the program is to provide education to girls who are unable to attend school due to poverty, lack of access, or other barriers.
Seat allocation: There are 40 seats in each class. 50 per cent seats jointly for SC and ST categories. 45 per cent seats for BCs and 5 per cent seats allotted to minorities and OC.
Minority schools are up to 18 in Andhra Pradesh. Of these, 75 per cent seats are reserved for minorities. The remaining percentage of seats are allotted to SC, ST and BC. Girls are enrolled in Mandal wise schools. The children of the nearby Mandal will be given the chance of remaining seats.
AP KGBV 6th Class Admission notification
Every year, Govt of AP, School Education Department will give the AP KGBV 6th Class Admission notification for admission into class 6th admissions in the APKGBVs [AP Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas] and Applications are invited from the eligible girls for admission into class VI at Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) schools located in the AP State.
The KGBV schools are for dropout girl children in the age group of 10 to 14 years for pursuing studies in classes VI to VIII and later on admitted to Class IX at regular schools. The previous academic year, eligible students approached the schools with their parents or guardians. For the current academic year, eligible students may apply through online mode only at the above-mentioned website.
Admitted students would be given food, uniforms and books and can also utilise the facilities of LCD projector, DVD players and tailoring machines. Also, student’s parents or relatives are covered under the accident insurance for Rs. 1 lakh. A monthly sum of Rs. 100 is deposited in the student’s account for three years that can be withdrawn after she joins Class IX in regular schools.
Who is Eligible for AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023?
The AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023 is open to girls from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds who have completed their 5th-grade education. In addition, the girls must meet the following criteria:
- They should belong to SC, ST, OBC, or minority communities.
- They should be between the ages of 10 and 14 years.
- They should have a family income of less than Rs. 1,50,000 per annum.
- They should be unmarried.
- They should not have attended a KGBV school previously.
How to identify girls for KGBV
- Girls 10+ age group considered for KGBV.
- Girls who have no primary schooling facility within 1 KM radius.
- Over age girls from Residential Bridge courses.
- Girls who have no upper primary education facility for further studies in their village own village.
- Priority is given to SC/ST/OBC girls and those belonging to BPL families.
Why is AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023 Important?
The AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023 is crucial because it provides an opportunity for girls from marginalized communities to access quality education.
Education is essential for the overall development of an individual and plays a vital role in breaking the cycle of poverty. By providing education to girls who are often denied this opportunity, the AP KGBV is empowering them to become agents of change in their families and communities.
AP KGBV Admission Process:
The KGBVs are primarily meant for girls from disadvantaged communities such as SC, ST, OBC and minorities from low female literacy manuals. While enrolling children in the KGBVs the following shall be given priority:
- Girls who have dropped out or never enrolled in school.
- Orphans and semi-orphans.
- Children from the BPL category.
- Each KGBV is permitted to enrol up to 200 children in classes 6 to 10.
The following shall be ensured: (i) Admissions into KGBVs are for classes 6 to 8 only. In exceptional cases such as orphans, single-parent children, etc., admissions may be made to classes 9 and 10. (ii) Normally, admissions should not exceed 40 per class in classes 6 – 8. (iii) If there is no vacancy in the KGBV in the same Mandal, i.e., if the number 40 per class has been achieved, the eligible girls should be taken to the neighbouring Mandal where there is a vacancy.
AP KGBV Selection Process:
Direct Admissions based on among the applicants in the following order. Dropout girl children in the age group of 10 to 14 years for pursuing studies in VI to VIII (a). 1st preference for orphans/semi orphans. (b). 2nd preference for the Girls of disadvantaged groups.
Steps in Admissions:
1. Opening of Admission Desk in the respective KGBV
2. Receiving of applications by the respective KGBV staff (SO & CRTs).
3. Scrutiny of applications by the Committee (respective MEO, 2 SOs, concerned Complex HM).
4. Approval of provisional admission list by the DEO.
5. Display of Admission List in the District website, Notice Board of DEO Office/MRC/all KGBVs.
6. Commencement of Classes in August
Admission Criteria: For Admission List following needs to be considered. First Preference To Applications From Same Mandal. Within The Same Mandal Following Rules Apply. (Same Mandal means the MANDAL of the current address of the applicant and the MANDAL of the School where admission is sought)
- OSC – first all the OSC students would be considered only
- i. OSC should have studied in Govt School
- ii. Any student out of school for 6 months or above
- b. Orphans and Semi Orphans
- c. PHC
- After Assigning Above For Remaining Seats Out Of 40 Following Logic Would Be Applicable
- 50% of the remaining seats will go to ST and SC combined
- Of the remaining seats available after the SC and SC allocation, following allocation of seats will happen.
- i. BC-A, B, C,D,E = Total 45% of the remaining seats
- 1st. A = 7%
- 2nd. B = 10%
- 3rd. C=1%
- 4th. D = 7%
- 5th. E = 5%
- ii. Remaining 5% of the Seats will be reserved for OC and Minorities
If the figure of 40 student per class is not achieved then go to nearest mandals. A. Within mandals in the same district preference should be given to mandals with less literacy rates. Dept. to give literacy rates of all the mandals in AP.
Example : if the total students allocated after the above are 36 then for the remaining 4 students the logic could be to look up applications from other mandals in the same district, refer to the literacy rate of the mandal and give preference to the lowest and further in that order.
Minority – BC – there are 18 Minority Schools (refer to the Table] and separate report to be generated for these schools. In these Schools admission criteria would be different from above.
The Criteria is as follows : 1st preference to the minorities reserved at 75% of the total seats irrespective of OSC and OC 2nd preference to OSC Students (general and minority) C. 3rd-Orphans and Semi Orphans D. Of the remaining seats 50% to ST and SC and 50% to BC.
What are the Benefits of AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023
There are several benefits of the AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023, some of which are:
- Access to quality education: The program provides access to quality education to girls who would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend school.
- Empowerment: Education is a powerful tool for empowerment. By providing education to girls from marginalized communities, the AP KGBV is empowering them to take charge of their lives and become self-reliant.
- Improved socio-economic status: Education plays a crucial role in improving the socio-economic status of individuals and communities. By providing education to girls from disadvantaged backgrounds, the AP KGBV is helping to break the cycle of poverty.
- Health and hygiene: The AP KGBV also focuses on the health and hygiene of the girls. They are provided with nutritious food, clean drinking water, and sanitation facilities, which are essential for their overall well-being.
- Gender equality: Education is an essential tool for promoting gender equality. By providing education to girls from marginalized communities, the AP KGBV is helping to bridge the gender gap in education.
AP KGBV Features and Facilities
- The girls enrolled in these AP KGBV Gurukul schools are given free textbooks and uniforms.
- Provide better medical facilities.
- They would be trained in vocational education. In addition to studying, they would be trained in tailoring, embroidery, dance, music and pottery.
- Classrooms include teaching through an LCD projector, DVD player.
- Each student has a Rs 1 lakh insurance.
- Free meals and accommodation will be provided.
- The daily meal was designed with all kinds of vitamins and minerals, including milk, eggs and greens (leaf curry), in mind for girls’ nutrition.
- An amount is credited to the students account for three years at the rate of one hundred rupees per month.
- This will enable students to study class nine and class ten in regular schools
AP KGBV Admission Schedule
|Item of Work||Schedule|
|Registration||27-03-2023 to 20-04-2023|
|Publication of online applications list by APCFSS and Communication to District||22-04-2023|
|Scrutinize and processing of application by the APCs||24-04-2023|
|Publication of selection List||26-04-2023|
|Commencement of Classes and orientation to Parents & Students||12-06-2023|
AP KGBV Scheme
AP Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (AP KGBV) is a scheme launched, for setting up residential schools for girls at upper primary level belonging to the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities.
This scheme is being implemented in across the state where the female rural literacy is below the national average and gender gap in literacy is above the national average. The scheme provides for a minimum reservation of 75% of the seats for girls belonging to SC, ST, OBC or minority communities and priority for the remaining 25%, to girls from families below poverty line.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is AP KGBV?
AP KGBV stands for Andhra Pradesh Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, which is a residential school for girls from marginalized communities.
What is the age limit for AP KGBV 6th class admission 2023?
The candidate should be between 10 and 12 years of age as of 31st August 2023.
Is the application process for AP KGBV 6th class admission 2023 online or offline?
The application process for AP KGBV 6th class admission 2023 is entirely online. The interested candidates can submit the online application at https://apkgbv.apcfss.in/.
What is the annual family income limit for AP KGBV 6th class admission 2023?
The annual family income of the candidate should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000.
Is there any fee for AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023?
No, there is no fee for AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023. The program is free of cost for the selected girls.
Is there any reservation for girls from SC, ST, OBC, or minority communities?
Yes, there is reservation for girls from SC, ST, OBC, and minority communities. 75% of the seats are reserved for these categories.
Education is a fundamental right, and every child deserves access to it. However, in many parts of the world, girls from marginalized communities are often denied this right.
The AP KGBV 6th Class Admission 2023 is an initiative by the Andhra Pradesh government to provide quality education to girls from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds. By providing education to these girls, the program is not only empowering them but also creating a more equitable society.