AP Tribal Welfare Hostels Converted into TW Residential Schools: GO.MS.No.17 Dated: 05-02-2016, Govt of AP, Tribal Welfare Department – Conversion of (50) Tribal Welfare Hostels into Residential Schools and creation of 600 posts (Teaching posts-450, Non-Teaching posts-150) in (50) Tribal Welfare Residential Schools in Non-Schedule Area in 8 districts during the year 2015-16 under Tribal Sub Plan 2015-16 to improve quality of education among ST Children- orders – issued.
- Act No.1 of 2013, dated 24.01.2013.
- G.O Ms.No.56, Tribal Welfare (Edn.1) dept., dt:01.07.2013
- Tribal Welfare Department’s U.O.No.4258./TW.Edn.1/2015, dated.
The State of Andhra Pradesh enacted “Andhra Pradesh Scheduled Castes Sub Plan and Tribal Sub Plan (Planning, Allocation and utilization of financial Resources) Act No.1 of 2013” to ensure, accelerated development of Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs)with emphasis on achieving quality focusing on economic, educational and human development. The Act has also stated clearly that the tribal sub-plan shall give special attention to the STs residing in Scheduled areas.
In the reference Second read above, orders were issued according permission for converting (50) TW Hostels into Ashram Schools by opening (50) TW primary Schools in the premises of the Hostels during 2013-14 in the ITDA Districts for improving quality of education to STs.
In the reference third read above, the Tribal Welfare Department has requested to accord permission for converting (50)TW Hostels into Residential Schools and sanction of 600 posts(Teaching posts-450, Non-Teaching posts-150) in (8) Non- ITDA districts during 2015-16 as per Annexures-I, III and IV respectively.
- In the circumstances stated by the Tribal Welfare Department,Government hereby accord permission for converting (50) TW Hostels into Residential Schools and sanction of 600 posts (along with financial implications for Teaching posts-450, Non-Teaching posts-150 towards salaries) in (8) districts by opening TW Residential Schools in the premises of the hostels during the academic year 2015-16. The details are annexed to this order as per Annexures-I, II and III respectively.
- The Tribal Welfare Department shall take further necessary action in the matter.