Andhra University, School of distance education has issued the AU Distance B.Ed Entrance Test 2020 notification and Applications are invited from the eligible and interested candidates into Distance mode 2 year B,Ed Programme for 2020-2020. Admission into B.Ed. programme, the candidate should have passed any Bachelor’s Degree (except BFA/BAOL) with a minimum of 50% marks from Andhra University or any other University recognised as equivalent there to. However, SC / ST / BC / PWD candidates need to possess a minimum of 40% marks as per rules of State Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
The candidate must also be a trained in-service teacher and working in Government Recognized Schools or working in Educational Sector as primary, upper-primary teachers with SGT/ PRT/ TTC / D.Ed. / D.El.Ed. / D.P.Ed. / Pre-primary / Montessori / Fine Arts / any course in Education approved by University / NCTE.
SYLLABUS FOR ENTRANCE TEST:
Syllabus for the B.Ed. Entrance Test is consisting three parts. That is Part-A, Part-B and Part-C. The test is based on objective type questions. Part-A and Part-B sections are common for all candidates irrespective of methodology chosen in Part-C. Candidate has to answer 150 questions and each question carries one mark.
PART-A : GENERAL ENGLISH
1. Reading Comprehension.
2. Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling.
3. Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
4. Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
PART-B: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & TEACHING APTITUDE
1. General knowledge of the environment and society.
2. Current Events.
3. Questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
4. Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence.
PART-C: One of the following subjects to be opted :
1. Mathematics (MS)
2. Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)
3. Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
4. Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)
The AU Distance B.Ed Entrance Test is designed to measure the candidate’s ability to think systematically, to employ the verbal and communicative skills and to assess his/her teaching aptitude for admission into B.Ed. Programme. The Test emphasies accuracy. Therefore, the candidate is required to go through the instructions carefully. This is an objective type test and the questions are of multiple choice. Out of the given options, the candidate has to choose the correct answer. If the Candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
Exam Pattern :
The test consists of 150 objective type questions of 1 mark each in the following topics:-
No. of Questions Marks
General English 25 Q 25 Marks
General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude 25 Q 25 Marks
PART-C : Methodology Subject 100 Q 100 Marks
1) Mathematics 100
2) Physical Science 100
a) Physics (50)
b) Chemistry (50)
3) Biological Sciences 100
a) Botany (50)
b) Zoology (50)
4) Social Studies 100
a) Geography (35)
b) History (30)
c) Civics (15)
d) Economics (20)
Instructions to candidates:
1. Candidates are directed to carry to the examination hall the following :
(a) Ball Point Pen (Blue or Black)
(b) One or Two HB Pencils
(c) Eraser (Rubber) ; and
2. Besides the items listed above, the candidate should not bring any other material including the instructions booklet into examination hall. Candidates should not bring Papers, Cell Phones etc., into the examination hall. Any candidate found in possession of any forbidden material, will be sent out of the examination hall.
3. Candidates must remain seated in their allotted places till the completion of the examination. In no case they will be allowed to leave the examination hall till the end of the examination. Before leaving the examination hall, the candidates must return to the invigilator both the question paper booklet and the Answer Sheet.
4. Every candidate appearing for Entrance Test shall be provided with a specially designed return answer sheet on which the candidate has to mark the answers and other relevant data. The method of marking the answers is illustrated in this section.
5. Candidates shall read carefully the instructions before starting to answer the questions.
6. The question paper booklet given to the candidate shall consist of 150 multiple choice type questions in three different sections with four answers given to each question, out of which only one answer is correct for the given question. Candidates shall mark the correct answer in answer sheet.
Important Dates for AU Distance B.Ed Entrance Test:
(a) Commencement of sale of application forms : 01-06-2020
(b) Last date for receipt of filled in application form :28-06-2020 upto 5-00 p.m.
(c) Last date for receipt of filled in application form with fine of Rs. 300/- upto : 08-07–2020
(d) Date and time of Entrance Test : 10.00 am to 12.00 noon. 28-07-2020 (Sunday)
Important Instructions to candidates:
1. Candidates are advised to be present in the test hall 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
2. Candidates will not be admitted to the Entrance Test after 30 minutes of the commencement of the test. Candidates once admitted will not be allowed to leave the hall till the closing time of the entrance test.
3. Hall Ticket shall be produced at the gate of the test centre and also in the hall at the time of the test, failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Entrance test.
4. Please Note : Your script will not be valued if you write any irrelevant matter or symbols, including religious marks and symbols, prayers or any communication whatsoever, anywhere, either on the cover sheet or inside the script.
5. Answer must be written in Blue/Black ink fountain or ball pen only (Sketch Pen, Pencil or ink or any other colour is not allowed)
6. Hall Ticket Must be Preserved till the time of admission of the Course.
7. No. T.A. and D.A. will be paid for any journey undertaken by the candidate for the Entrance test.
8. Adoption of any kind of unfair means at the time of Test or any act of impersonation will result in invalidation of his / her script and forfeiture of his / her claim for taking the Test besides criminal action as per law. Decision of the Chief Superintendent of the Test Centre shall be final on these matters.
9. Issue of Hall Ticket and appearance at the test, does not automatically entitle a candidate for admission.
10. Calculators or any other aids are not allowed in the Test Hall.
11. Any rough work is to be done only on the blank sheet provided for the purpose in the Test Booklet.
12. Attestation on the Application Form and Hall Tickets can be made by any Gazetted Officer / Principal of a College / A University Professor.
13. Each question will have four alternative choices with one correct / appropriate answer. Candidate has to choose correct / appropriate answer and has to write its number in the relevant question number box on the answer sheet. If any alteration is to be made, strike off the previous one and write the correct number neatly in the box.
(Cell Phones are strictly prohibited in the Examination Hall)
Answers with overwriting will be ignored while awarding marks
AU Distance B.Ed Entrance Test Hall tickets: Hall-tickets will be issued to candidates in person one day before the commencement of the examination at the respective test centres.
Note : Candidates, who qualified in Ed.CET conducted by Government of Andhra Pradesh need not appear for Entrance Examination and can seek admission directly.
Examination Centers :
(1) Govt. College, Srikakulam
(2) M.R.College of Education, Vizianagaram
(3) School of Distance Education, A.U., Visakhapatnam
(4) Adithya College of Education, Kakinada
(5) SGS Govt. IASE, Rajahmundry
(6) DNR College of Education, Bhimavaram
(7) A.L.College of Education, Guntur.
The number of seats are limited. Rule of reservation will be followed as per the norms of the University. Rank obtained in the test will be valid for admission into B.Ed. Programme offered by the School of Distance Education, Andhra University for the academic year 2020-20.