Bathukamma Festival Logos & Theme Elements: Telangana Bathukamma Panduga, Saddula Bathukamma, Female Festival Of Flowers, Programmatic Action Plan, Theme Elements of The Festival, Aim of Bathukamma Festival, State Festival; Government of Telangana Youth Advancement Tourism & Culture (CA) Department, AT&C (CA) Department-Bathukamma Panduga, 2015-Conduct of Bathukamma Panduga” in all the ten districts of Telangana State in a befitting Matter-Certain instructions-Reg.
1) G.O.Ms.No.02, YAT & C (CA) Dept., dt:24.07.2014.
2) Minutes of the meeting of Chief Secretary with all Departments Heads & Secretaries of Government held on 03-10-2015.
3) Video Conference with all the District Collectors on 06-10-2015.
Government, vide G.O. first cited, have issued orders declaring “Bathukamma Panduga” as a State Festival, so as to conduct it all over the State in a befitting manner. Bathukamma Festival Logos & Theme Elements
In this connection, in the review meeting conducted by the Chief Secretary to Government held on 03.10.2015, it was decided that the grand finale of the ‘Bathukamma Panduga’, the female festival of flowers, will be organized in Hyderabad on 21.10.2015 (‘Saddula Bathukamma’), wherein, there will be participants from all the Districts. For this, a programmatic action plan has been prepared with following theme and aim in view:
Theme Elements of the Festival:
Bathukamma Festival has to be posed not only as a festival of flowers, but also a festival of celebrating Woman hood and Girl child. As such, the theme elements for Bathukamma Festival are
2) Girl child
Aim of the Festival:
- Bathukamma Festival has to be given due importance as “the largest Festival of Women” in India and it is necessary to take the festival upto national and international level in the years to come, and make it as a great festival of tourism attraction of domestic and international levels.
- In view of this, a video conference vide reference 3″ cited, has been organised on 05-10-2015 with all the District Collectors in the state and decided that, the Bathukamma Festival be conducted in a befitting manner in all the Gram Panchayats, Urban Local Bodies and Districts Head quarters, by involving all concerned to attract the national attention.