BRAOU Distance BEd Admission 2023 or BRAOU BEd Entrance Test 2023 notification has been released by the Ambedkar Open University on its official website, braouonline.in.
Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), the Department of Education is offering B.Ed. The programme, approved by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education), from 2008 in Telugu medium.
So, BRAOU, the Department of Education has issued the B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 notification in the month of April and the University invites the online applications from the eligible candidates for admission into B.Ed. through Entrance Test.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in teaching? If so, then the B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 by the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU) might just be the opportunity you are looking for.
In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about the BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023, from eligibility criteria to exam pattern and more.
What is BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023?
BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University for admission to its B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) program. This program is designed to prepare teachers who can contribute to the development of education in India.
This notification Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualifications, Age limit, How to apply, online application form, Last date for the apply, registration fee, course fee, Exam date, Hall Tickets, Results, and more details are provided here.
BEd Program Details
The B.Ed. The programme offered by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU) is an innovative programme utilizing self-instructional material and information technology along with interactive personal contact programmes.
It aims at developing understanding and competencies required by practicing teachers for the effective teaching-learning process at the secondary stage.
|Name of the entrance test||BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023|
|Title||Apply for the Ambedkar Open University B.Ed Entrance Test 2023|
|Subject||BRAOU released the Ambedkar University B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 notification|
|Entrance Exam Date||06-06-2023|
|B.Ed Web Portal||BRAOU B.ED Admission|
|Distance B.Ed Notification||Open B.Ed Notification|
The Programme is essentially a judicious mix of theoretical and practical courses to develop the practicing teacher’s knowledge, skills, understanding, and attitudes. Illustrations and cases of relevant situations and need-based activities comprise the core of each course of the programme.
B.Ed Program Objectives
The programme aims to enable practicing teachers to achieve the following objectives:
- To strengthen the professional competencies of in-service teachers.
- To develop an understanding of the various methods and approaches to organizing learning experiences for secondary school students.
- To understand the nature of the learning process and develop the skills required in selecting and organizing learning experiences.
- To develop skills involved in dealing with the academic and personal problems of learners.
- To develop skills in the selection, development, and usage of evaluation tools and to develop an understanding of the various techniques of evaluation in the classroom.
- To develop an understanding of various aspects of school management in organizing various instructional and co-curricular activities.
Distance B.Ed Programme Fee
The Tuition fee is Rs. 40,000/- (Rupees Forty Thousand only) for the entire programme of two years. The total Tuition fee has to be paid at the time of admission in a single payment through ONLINE. Examination Fee has to be paid as per the norms of the University.
Duration of BEd Program:
- Minimum period to complete the programme is 2 Academic years.
- Maximum period to complete the programme is 4 Academic years.
- If any student unable to complete the programme with in Maximum period readmission will be given as per the University rules.
The medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction is Telugu. A student should write the answers in Year-end- Examination, Assignments, and Records, Teaching Practice and Practical Lesson Records only in Telugu.
BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test Registration Fee
- The candidate has to register for appearing B.Ed. Admission Entrance Test on University portal only.
- Pay the Registration fee and Register through University portal www.braouonline.in.
- Candidates has to pay Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only). S.C/ST/PWD candidates has to pay Rs. 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and fifty only) through online before the deadline.
- Applications may submit after the deadline with a late fee of Rs. 500/
BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test Eligibility Criteria:
Candidate satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for the entrance test.
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree i.e., B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Home Science) / B.Com./ B.C.A. / B.B.M. or should have appeared for the final year examination in any of these courses at the time of applying for the B.Ed. Entrance Test.
- Those appearing in the qualifying examination (Bachelor or a higher degree) can also apply. But they will be required to submit the proof of having passed the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- Otherwise, they are not allowed for admission counseling and their provisional admission will stand canceled.
- The candidate must also fulfill the following conditions along with the above
- (A) Teachers presently working (In-service) and have completed at least two years of experience as on 01-07-2021 on temporary/permanent basis in a primary, secondary / higher / senior secondary school recognized by the central or a state government or a union territory.
- (B) Candidate should have completed 21 years as on 01-07-2021. No upper age limit.
B.Ed Admissions Procedure
Admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit in the Entrance Test. Only those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria fixed by the University will be admitted. Centralized admissions will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the Entrance Test conducted by BRAOU.
The candidate will be required to submit only the filled-in application form without any enclosures. The enclosures (documents) mentioned in the instructions for filling-in the application form to be submitted later after receiving the letter of offer for admission counseling to B.Ed. from the University after the entrance test.
B.Ed Program Centers: The Programme Centre is the contact point at the local level. Select the programme center that is convenient to you and write clearly the name of the study center where you wish to register for counseling and other facilities. The programme centers provide audio-visual equipment, a library, and other facilities on all working days.
Location of the Programme Centre:
- Centre Code No.901 – Andhra Mahila Sabha College of Teaching Education, Osmania University campus, Hyderabad.
- Centre Code No.902 – Govt. College of Teacher Education, Subedari, Hanamkonda, Warangal – 506001
- Centre Code No.903 – St. Mary‟s Centenary College of Teacher Education, Gnanapuram, Vishakhapatnam .
- Centre Code No.904 – Institute of Advanced Study in Education, B-Camp, Kurnool – 518002.
- Centre Code No.905 – A.L. College of Education, Bradipet, Guntur.
- Centre Code No.906 – Gurujada College of Education, Munasabpet, Srikakulam.
B.Ed entrance test syllabus
The Question paper of the Entrance will have 3 parts for 100 marks. The details are given below.
- Part-A General English Comprehension – 25 Marks
- Part-B Proficiency in Telugu – 25 Marks
- Part-C General Mental Ability – 50 Marks
B.Ed Entrance Test Exam Pattern
- The entrance test will be held on 06-06-2023.
- Candidates are expected in the examination hall by Half an hour before the examination.
- The entrance test will be for 100 Marks with 100 objective types (Multiple Choice) questions and is of 2 hours duration.
- The syllabus and the model questions are furnished separately in this booklet.
The medium of Entrance Test: The question paper, except the General English section, will be in Telugu. Note: The Qualifying mark in the B.Ed. Entrance Test for all candidates, except SC / ST, is 35. For the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities ranking will be extended below the qualifying mark.
Ranking: Candidates will be ranked in the order of merit in the B.Ed. entrance test. In case of candidates getting equal marks, Part-C marks will be taken into account to decide relative ranking. In the case of a tie, the marks obtained in Part-B and then Part-A will be taken into account to decide relative ranking.
In the case of candidates getting equal marks in each of the parts of the test paper, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates, and the older candidates shall be given priority. The rank obtained in B.Ed. Entrance Test is valid for entry into B.Ed. Programme for that academic year 2014-2015 only.
Note: Request for Re-Totaling and Re-valuation or personal identification of scripts will not be entertained.
Examination centers: The Entrance Test will be held at the Regional Coordination Centres of BRAOU.
Eligibility Criteria for the choice of subject methodology in B.Ed:
i. Mathematics: B.A. / B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the group subjects and B.C.A. candidates with Mathematics at Intermediate level in optional Mathematics stream are also eligible.
ii. Physical Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc. who have studied Physics and Chemistry OR Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects. B.C.A. candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics & Chemistry) at Intermediate level as group subjects are also eligible.
iii. Biological Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Home Science) who have studied Botany and Zoology OR Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects and B.C.A. candidates with Biological Sciences at Intermediate level with optional Biological Sciences are also eligible.
iv. Social Studies: All candidates with B.A. / B.Com./B.O.L. students with Social Studies background at Intermediate level as group subjects are eligible.
Note: The percentage of a number of candidates to be admitted in each methodology (subject) in the University shall be as follows: (a) Mathematics: 30% (b) Physical Sciences: 15% (c) Biological Sciences: 25% (d) Social Studies: 30%
(To be submitted at the time of Admission Counselling): The service certificate has to be signed by the employer concerned in case of applicants belonging to Teachers, Vidya volunteers working in State Govt. / Local Bodies/ Aided/Private recognized Schools the service certificate has to be signed by the Head of the Institution and countersigned by the MEO. In the case of others, the concerned Employer should be countersigned.
Original Certificates to be submitted at the time of Admissions:
- SSC/Equivalent/Birth Certificate for date of birth prof.
- Degree/PG Marks Memos and Provisional /Convocation certificates.
- NCTE recognised Elementary Teacher Education Programme Completion Certificate (TTC/D.Ed./D.El.Ed /B.El.Ed /TPT/HPT/UPT- Qualification is must).
- Medical Board Certificate (for PH candidates issued by Competent Authority)
- Latest Passport size Photo with Signature (JPEG format and less than 60 KB).
- Caste certificate issued by Competent Authority (latest)
- Service certificate (Issued by MEO / Dy. E. O)
How to apply for BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test?
The candidate has to register his/her candidature for appearing B.Ed. Entrance Test in University website www.braouonline.in and payment of registration fee through any AP ONLINE/TS ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE across the state on or before the deadline.
Visit the official website
Candidates need to visit University portal: https://myapplication.in/BRAOU/.
Click on BRAOU B.Ed-ODL
Once you reach the official website, click on the BRAOU B.Ed-ODL link.
Click on Fee Payment
After clicking on “BRAOU B.Ed-ODL-2022” link, a web page will appear. Click on the “Application Fee Payment” link as shown encircled on the page. A new page will
appear on the screen.
Fill the Fee Payment Form
After clicking on that link, the “Payment Verification” web page will appear. Fill in all the details in the respective fields and click on the encircled button “Proceed to
Pay the Fee
After clicking, you proceed to payment button. The “Payment” web page will appear.
Pay the Registration fee through proper payment method. After the payment, successful message will appear with payment reference id.
Click on Proceed to Fill Form
Click on “Fill Application Form” tab in home page. After that another webpage will be displayed. Fill the fee payment details and click on the “proceed to fill the application form”.
Fill the Application Form
After that Application Form will be displayed. Fill the application form with required information and upload the necessary documents. Click on the submit button.
Print the application
By Clicking on “Print Application”, candidate can view the “Application Form”. Print the application form and preserve it for future reference.
Go through the following instructions given below and register accordingly.
- Visit University website www.braouonline.in
- Fill the application form ON-LINE with the help of all your certificates/documents and the latest Pass Port Size (5 x 3.7 size with JPEG format).[see the model application form at the end pages for the information you need to provide to fill the application ON-LINE & keep it ready with you ]
- If any wrong information is provided in the application form, it is the responsibility of the applicant only and the University is not liable.
- After submitting the form, get a printed copy of your application number and pay an amount of Rs. 435/- towards Registration Fee at any AP ONLINE/TS ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE and obtain a receipt for the same
- Please keep the application number and receipt carefully with you for further reference.
- Note: No Physical submission of application either at RCC or Head Quarters of University or at any other place is required.
Tips for Preparation
Here are some tips that can help you prepare for the BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Practice solving previous years’ question papers.
- Improve your English language skills by reading newspapers, books, and articles.
- Stay updated with current affairs and teaching-related news.
- Join a coaching institute or online course for guidance and preparation.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
What is the eligibility criteria for BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023?
In-service candidates must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
What is the application fee for BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023?
The application fee is Rs. 1000 for general candidates and Rs. 750 for SC/ST candidates.
What is the exam pattern for BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023?
The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and is a computer-based test (CBT). The exam duration is 2 hours.
What is the syllabus for BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023?
The syllabus consists of General English Comprehension, General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude, and Methodology of the Subject.