BRAOU MEd Entrance Test, Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), the Department of Education is offering M.Ed. The program, approved by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education), from 2009 in the English medium.
So, BRAOU, Department of Education will issue the M.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 Notification in this Month and the University will invite the online applications from the eligible candidates for admission into M.Ed. through Entrance Test.
This notification Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualifications, Age limit, How to apply, online application form, Last date for the apply, registration fee, course fee and more details are provided here.
|Title||BRAOU MEd Entrance Test 2023|
|Subject||Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), the Department of Education is offering M.Ed|
|Name of the Department||Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
Master of Education(M.Ed) Program Details:
1. The M.Ed. A program designed and developed jointly by the Distance Education Council (DEC), Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) is a two-year program offered through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) system.
2. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), Hyderabad has entered an MoU with the IGNOU for adopting the course material and offer the program from 2009 onwards in the state. The Department of Education, Dr. BRAOU took the initiation to prepare its own Self Instructional Course Material to the M.Ed. program and supply it to the students for the batch of students admitted during 2017-16 onwards.
3. It is an innovative program, utilizing self-learning materials (SLMs) and contact program components. To impart instruction effectively the program follows the multimedia approach, viz., print materials, audio-video components, teleconferencing, assignments, personal guidance for research, workshops, individual and group activities, etc.
M.Ed Program Objectives:
To achieve this comprehensive goal/objective, the program seeks to:
1. develop specialized knowledge and understanding about the philosophical and sociological bases of education;
2.develop ability to understand human behavior and personality, and capability to apply this knowledge and understanding to guide the learners to learn efficiently and effectively;
3. develop knowledge and understanding of management, planning and financing of education; as also develop managerial and administrative capabilities and skills to effectively manage educational institutions;
4. develop knowledge and understanding of the process of educational research and aptitude for and skill in conducting research in specialized areas of education and thus generate knowledge or critically evaluate existing knowledge; and
5. develop a national and international perspective about educational theory and practice to enable the learners to visualize the inter-linkages and dependency among different educational systems;
6. develop a working knowledge of Educational Technology and ICTs and their application in formal and non-formal systems of education and for teacher empowerment; generate awareness and understanding of some specialized areas of education like Curriculum Development and Transaction and Teacher Education.
The medium of Instruction: English
Program Fee: Rs.35,000/- for the entire program of two years
Duration of MEd Program:
1. The minimum period to complete the program from the date of registration: 2 years
2. The maximum period to complete the program from the date of registration: 6 years
MEd Admissions Procedure:
Admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit in the Entrance Test. Only. Those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria fixed by the University will be admitted. Centralized admissions will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the Entrance Test conducted by BRAOU.
The candidate will be required to submit only the filled-in application form without any enclosures. The enclosures (documents) mentioned in the instructions for filling-in the application form to be submitted later after receiving the letter of offer for admission counseling to M.Ed. from the University after the entrance test.
MEd Program Centers:
The Programme Centre is the contact point at the local level. Select the program center that is convenient to you and write clearly the name of the study center where you wish to register for counseling and other facilities. The program centers provide audio-visual equipment, a library, and other facilities on all working days.
Location of the Programme Centre
1. Centre Code No.921 – Andhra Mahila Sabha College of Teaching Education, Osmania University campus, Hyderabad .Ph.No:04027098573
2. Centre Code No.922 – University College of Education, Kakatiya University, Warangal. Ph. 0870-2446122
3. Centre Code No.923 – Brown‟s College of Education, Ammapalem (Village) Konijerla (Mandal), Khammam. Phone No: 08742-282779
4. Centre Code No.924 – MR College of Education, Fort, Vizianagaram. Ph.No:08922-223840
5. Centre Code No.925 – Institute of Advanced Study in Education (IASE), Andhra University, Vishakapatnam. Ph. 9490798631
6. Centre Code No.926 – Annamacharya College of Education, New Bogamapalli (Post), Rajampet, YSR Dt. Ph.No: 08565-250200
Eligibility to appear for the MEd entrance exam: Candidate satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for the entrance test.
1. The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
2. The candidates who have obtained at least 55 % marks in aggregate in B.Ed./Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) are eligible for admission. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/BC/PH candidates as per the rules of the State Government and BRAOU in force.
3. The candidate must also fulfill any of the following conditions along with the above
(A) Teachers presently working (In-service) and have completed at least two years of experience as on 01 July as SGT/ School Assistant / PRT/ TGT/ PGT/ Lecturers working in Schools / Colleges / academic positions in DIET‟s/ SCERT‟s.
(B) In-service Head Master / Principal/Education Administrators/others in the educational system having an experience of at least 2 years as on 01 July. Candidate should have completed 23 years as on 01 July. No upper age limit.
Syllabus for MEd entrance test:
1. The Entrance Test will be conducted based on the B.Ed. level syllabus for 100 Marks with 100 objective types (Multiple Choice) questions in English Medium only and Time duration is 2 hours.
1. The entrance test will be held on
2. Candidates are expected in the examination hall by 10.00 AM.
3. The syllabus and the model questions are furnished separately in this booklet.
4. The medium of the Entrance Test: the Question paper will be in English only.
The Qualifying mark in the M.Ed. Entrance Test for all candidates, except SC / ST, is 35. For the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities ranking will be extended below the qualifying mark.
Candidates will be ranked in the order of merit in the M.Ed. entrance test. In case of candidates getting equal marks, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates, and the older candidates shall be given priority.
The rank obtained for entry into the M.Ed. program is valid for the academic year 2022-23 only.
Request for Re-Totalling and Re-valuation or personal identification of scripts will not be entertained.
The Entrance Test will be held at the Regional Coordination Centres of BRAOU.
(To be submitted at the time of Admission Counselling): The service certificate has to be signed by the employer concerned in case of applicants belonging to DIET’s / SCERT’s / CBSE / KVS / ICSE / Similar educational institutions, whereas in the case of teachers, Vidya volunteers working in State Govt. / Local Bodies/ Aided/Private recognized Schools the service certificate has to be signed by the Head of the Institution and countersigned by the MEO.
Original Certificates to be submitted at the time of Admissions:
1. B.Ed./ B.El.Ed. Degree Provisional Certificate and Year-wise Marks Memos
2. Degree Provisional Certificate and Yearwise Marks Memos
3. Date of Birth Certificate / SSC Certificate
4. Service certificate as on date of admission counseling.
5. Integrated Caste Certificate, if applicable
6. Medical Board Certificate (for PH candidates)
7. Transfer Certificate
8. Migration Certificate.
9. Intermediate / 10+2 certificate.
10.Study Certificates (IX to Degree) or Residence Certificate.
How to apply for MEd entrance test:
Registration for Entrance test: The candidate has to register his/her candidature for appearing M.Ed. Entrance Test in University website www.braouonline.in and payment of registration fee through any AP ONLINE/TS ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE across the state
Go through the following instructions given below and register accordingly.
1. Visit University website www.braouonline.in
2. Fill the application form ON-LINE with the help of all your certificates/documents and the latest Pass Port Size (5 x 3.7 size with JPEG format). (see the model application form at the end pages for the information you need to provide to fill the application ON-LINE & keep it ready with you)
3. If any wrong information is provided in the application form, it is the responsibility of the applicant only and the University is not liable.
4. After submitting the form, get a printed copy of your application number and pay an amount of Rs. 535/- towards Registration Fee at any AP ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE and obtain a receipt for the same
5. Please keep the application number and receipt carefully with you for further reference.
Note: No Physical submission of application either at RCC or Head Quarters of University or at any other place is required.
Important Dates (Tentative):
Commencement of Applications:
Last date for Submission of Applications:
Date of Entrance Exam:
BRAOU MEd Entrance Test 2020 notification would be released very soon on Official web portal