Call for Applications for Fellowships under HRD, Government of India, Department of Health Research, has called for applications for fellowships and support to institutes for training under the scheme of HRD on Health Research.
Department of Health Research [DHR] has launched a schene to provide advanced training to medical and health research personnel in India and abroad in cutting edge search areas concerning medicine and health to create trained human resource for carrying out research activities with main goal of improving patient management and public health in the country.
This scheme has following components:
- Short Term Fellowships for 1-3 months from regular faculty [In India and Abroad, Age: upto 55 years]
- Long Term Fellowships for 6-12 moths from regular faculty [In India and Abroad,Age; upto 45 years]
- Programme specifically for Women who have had a break in their career
- Scholarships/fellowships to young scientists [Medical/non-medical students] in newer areas.
- Programme to encourage health research personnel [Non-resident Indian[NRI], Persons of Indian Origin [PIO], Overseas Citizen of India [OCI] serving abroad, to come back to India for undertaking Research in identified areas.
- Support to Indian Institutes fir imparting training in identified areas to the Faculty of Medical Colleges/Research Institutes
Applications are invited in the prescribed format. Details of the eligibility,format of application, terms and conditions, whom to apply and guidelines of the scheme are available on www.dhr.gov.in and www.icmr.nic.in.
Applications should be addressed to; The Programme Officer, HRD schemeof DHR, Indian Council of Medical Research [ICMR], V.Ramaiingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029[Ph 011-26589699] [email@example.com].
SCHEME FOR HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT FOR HEALTH RESEARCH
The scheme is intended to create a pool of talented health research personnel in the country by upgrading skills of faculty of medical colleges, mid- career scientists, medical students etc by specialized training in priority areas of health research in leading national and international institutions, encourage and support the trainees to develop and take up research projects for addressing critical national and local health problems and financial assistance to institutions for up- gradation of infrastructure to enable such institutions to provide training with state of the art technologies. Development and implementation of online web based courses on health research is an important component of scheme.
- Regular employees of Govt. Medical colleges/ Institutions
- Private Institution/ NGO (Registered with the DSIR, Govt. of India) as research institution.
- Individual: scientists in regular employment in the Universities, medical colleges, postgraduate institutions, recognized research and development laboratories and NGOs.
- Scientific/Professional Bodies & Associations
Last date: December 15,2021.(Not Official)