Co-Branding of Aarogyasri with RSBY Scheme: The Government of united Andhra Pradesh has been implementing Aarogyasri Scheme w.e.f. 01-04-2007 with the objective of assisting poor families from catastrophic health expenditure by providing cashless treatment in 234 empanelled hospitals comprising both Govt and Pvt. Hospital 84.40 lakh families holding white ration cards are being covered by the Scheme in Telangana.
The financial coverage is Rs.2.00 lakhs, per family, per year, with budget of Rs.420.66 cr for 2015-16 and at a premium of Rs.498/- per family. The scheme provides benefit coverage for 942 secondary and tertiary care procedures, including pre OP evaluation with consultation and investigations, in-patient treatment, food, transportation, follow-up treatment for one year for selected procedures besides elements of primary health care including screening of patients at the health camps.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme Salient Features:
RASHTRIYA SWASTHYA BIMA YOJANA (RSBY): The RSBY program has been launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India to provide health insurance coverage for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families and started rolling from 1st April 2008.
This scheme is intended to reduce the out of pocket expenditure on health to the ‘below poverty line’ population, who cannot pay cash upfront and take reimbursement later, who are largely illiterate and some of them are migrants. The objective is to provide financial protection from health care expenses on hospitalization and to improve access to quality health care.
ADVANTAGES OF CO-BRANDING OF AAROGYASRI+RSBY SCHEME
- Increase of Benefit coverage with 1642 secondary and tertiary care procedures (1090 RSBY Procedures + 552 Aarogyasri Tertiary care procedures) to RSBY Beneficiaries.
- Increased financial coverage for RSBY Beneficiaries Rs.2.00 lakhs per Annum.
- The advantages of integrated scheme for end user to use benefits that she/he is entitled with single card irrespective of the funding source and the anchoring agency. The backend agency can take care of all the administrative segregation of the funds from central and state governments.
- There will be savings towards administrative cost.
- The chief advantage of such an integrated scheme is that it would bring synergy in awareness campaigns, premium amount, mode of settlement, network hospitals, organization of health camps. Etc.
- Co-Branding of Aarogyasri + RSBY scheme would help in preventing the practice, if any, of collecting double claims from two empanelled hospitals under two different schemes when a beneficiary possess two different health insurance cards. Likewise, this will also help to prevent the hospital claiming the expenditure from two schemes for the same treatment as empanelled hospitals will be the same.
- As higher number of tertiary care procedures is covered in Aarogyasri scheme ensuring wide coverage, RSBY beneficiaries will be benefited more with one single health card designed for the co-branded scheme in the State of Telangana.
- Universal Health Coverage can be achieved for RSBY population with 2 lakh Financial coverage and 1642 secondary and tertiary care procedures under Benefit coverage.
- Estimate Premium of RS.705.50 per family remains within the cap of RSBY scheme premium of RS.750 as per Committee recommendations in report of Committee of Secretaries dated December’2014 in case of Co- branding of RSBY with existing schemes in the state.
- With integrated scheme the end user will able to use benefits that she /he is entitled with single card irrespective of the funding source and the anchoring agency. The backend agency can take care of all the administrative segregation of the funds from central and state Governments.
- Therefore, there is need to have a Single Point of Contact to provide all facilities under different schemes to a beneficiary and issue a Single Smart Card linked with Aadhar card which can provide identification and carry data for multiple schemes at Single Point of Contact.