CUCET 2021 notification released on its official web portal. Central Universities Entrance Test 2021 would be conducted in the name of CUCET 2021. CUCET is a common entrance test for admission into Degree, PG Courses, Integrated and under-graduate programs, Integrated, PG, Research Programs. Interested candidates who have not applied yet can do so at the official website, cucetexam.in.
CUCET News, There will be no common entrance test for admission to central universities this year, the University Grants Commission (UGC) said on July 18. The Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) may be implemented from academic session 2022-2023, the Commission
In a tweet tagging the Education Minister, and Ministry of Education the UGC has said, “In view of prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, admission process in Central Universities during Academic Session 2021-22, may continue as per past practice. Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) may be implemented from Academic Session 2022-23.
The University of Delhi is likely to begin registrations for admission to entrance test-based and postgraduate courses in the third week of July. However, with class 12 board exams cancelled, the varsity is still looking forward to the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) for undergraduate admissions.*
The date of the examination for undergraduate, postgraduate, research programmes will be notified later, as per the notification. The exam was earlier scheduled to be conducted on the notified date for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and on the notified date for research programmes. The delay has been caused due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Those who clear CUCET will be eligible to apply for admission at 14 central universities and four state universities across India. Candidates will have to appear for counselling sessions to get a seat. Based on the schedule, the counselling will be held in June. Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2021 Notification has been released by the CUTET 2021 Officials.
This Notification for admission into Integrated, Undergraduate (Degree), Post Graduate and Research Programmes in Seven Central Universities. There are variously Integrated, Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Research Programmes available under and participating Central Universities(PUs).
|Exam Name||CUCET Exam 2021|
|Title||Central University Entrance Test|
|Subject||NTA will release Central University Entrance Test|
The Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is among the major reforms introduced to the Indian education scenario in the recent past. In this academic year 2021 onwards, the government is mulling to conduct the CUCET as a common entrance test for admission to the 54 central universities.
As per reports, the National Testing Agency is going to conduct the CUCET 2021 replacing the need to appear in multiple entrance exams for admission to various undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes offered by the central universities. Recently, Delhi University indicated that it is going to conduct admissions for 2021 based on CUCET and class 12 board exam scores.
One of the most anticipated impacts of such a common “high-quality aptitude test” for admission to the 54 central universities is that it will provide a common platform for evaluation of the merit of a student. Delhi University is not going to consider the marks of CUCET or class 12 board exam alone. Since the university has decided to attribute 50-50 marks weightage to CUCET and board exam scores, therefore, candidates have to fare equally well in their board exams as well as the NTA CUCET exam.
Sigle Test Admission in 18 Universities. Central Universities are care of for quality higher education in our country. To get admission in this, you have to write the CUCET 202. The exam is now open to 14 Central Universities and 4 State Universities across the country. These universities offering the Integrated Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Research Courses. The CUCET 2021 notification has been released. The notification details, Qualifications, Examination Procedure here.
The last date of submission of application form for candidates registering for CUCET 2021 has been extended, according to the coordinating university, Central University of Rajasthan. The notification was updated on the CUCET official website recently. The online application process for the admission test has already begun.
The registration process for candidates seeking admission in Central Universities and registering for Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2021 started on March 16 and was set to end on April 1, 2021, but it was extended till April 25 in view of the nationwide lockdown.
The CUCET 2021 Examination: The Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2021 (CUCET-2021) exam is conducted jointly by the ten Central Universities namely the Central University of Haryana, Central University of Jammu, Central University of Jharkhand, Central University of Kashmir, Central University of Karnataka, Central University of Kerala, Central University of Punjab,
The Central University of Rajasthan, the Central University of South Bihar and the Central University of Tamil Nadu, under the guidance of the Central University of Rajasthan. This test is conducted for the students of 10+2, Bachelor’s Degree holders and Master Degree holders to obtain admission into the UG / Integrated Program / B.Voc., Post Graduate Program, and the Research Program respectively in these ten Central Universities.
The registration process for CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is going on and the same will be ending in April. The test is scheduled to be conducted at different centers across the country in May month. All those who are interested in the same and have not applied yet are required to do so at the official website cucetexam.in
Applications should be submitted online only. A candidate can apply for a particular program for a maximum of three PUs with a maximum of three options of courses in each of the selected PU. The test is scheduled to be conducted at different centers across the country in May. It is being held for providing admission into the UG/integrated program/BVoc, postgraduate program, and the research program respectively in ten central universities.
CUCET Details: 1. List of courses offered by the participating Central Universities, Eligibility Criteria, Number of Seats: For details – please click here. CUCET 2021 is conducted jointly by the following 10 central universities:
2. Reservation of Seats as per Participating Universities (PUs) Norms. Students are strongly advised to refer to the website of individual PU for reservation policy of respective universities.
5. Candidate of OBC Category must ensure that they are from “Central List” of OBC as mentioned on National Commission of OBC Portal: http://www.ncbc.nic.in
3. Various Integrated and Under Graduate Programmes are available under ten Participating Central Universities.
4. All applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for the program, because, different universities have different eligibility criteria for similar courses. Hence, students will be themselves responsible if they opt for a course for which they are not eligible.
5. Applications should be submitted ONLINE only; OFFLINE applications will NOT be accepted.
6. Applicants are required to have a valid personal email ID and mobile number which should be kept active during the entire admission process, so that the university may send alerts, important communications, etc. regarding entrance tests on them. Under no circumstances, should the candidate share/ mention his/her email ID with any other person. Reservation of Seats – as per Government of India / University norms.
10. As all communication will be made through email and SMS, please ensure that DND (Do Not Disturb) is not activated on your mobile.
1. UG and Integrated Programmes (40 courses)
2. PG, B.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B.Ed. and PG-Diploma Programmes (154 courses)
3. M.Phil. and /or Ph.D. Research Programmes (73 courses)
Eligibility for all integrated and under-graduate programs: Eligibility for all integrated and under-graduate programs is successful completion of 10+2 or equivalent. Candidates who have appeared for the final examinations are eligible to apply.
Eligibility for Integrated/PG/Research Programs: Eligibility for all integrated and post-graduate programs is successful completion of graduation or equivalent, Eligibility for all Research Programmes (Integrated / M.Phil./Ph.D.) is successful completion of a post-graduate or equivalent degree examination. Candidates who have appeared for the final qualifying examinations are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for CUCET: Applications should be submitted Online Mode only. Offline applications will not be accepted. All candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for the course because different universities have different eligibility criteria for similar courses. Hence, students would be themselves responsible if they opt for a course for which they are not eligible.
Applicants are required to fill in the details asked in the form carefully without making any spelling mistakes. On submission of Online application successfully, applicants can make the payment for their selected program by online or offline mode of payment. A candidate may fill the form partially and log in again to complete it as early as possible. Candidates will receive SMSs and email alerts at the time of registration and completing registration.
Instructions to Candidates: 1. Applicants should be ready with his/her good quality and latest digital photograph and signature of size between 10KB – 100 KB and 5KB – 20KB while applying, the detailed information about which has been given above in the GUIDELINES TO UPLOAD PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE.
2. Applicants are required to fill in the details in the form carefully without making any spelling mistakes. On submission of online application successfully, applicants can make the payment for their selected program by Online or Offline mode.
3. An applicant can fill the form partially and log in again to complete it as early as possible.
4. Test Centre cities – Each candidate should choose Test Centre City of his/her choice from cucet2021.co.in. Change of Test Centre City will not be permitted after submission of the application form. In case, less than 100 candidates register for a particular center, it will be canceled and the candidates will be required to appear at nearby centers allotted by CUCET-2021.
5. Applicants will receive SMS and Email alerts at the time of registration and also after completing the registration.
6. A candidate can apply for a particular program for a maximum of three PUs with a maximum of 03 options of courses in each of the selected PU.
7. In case a candidate wishes to opt for more PUs with additional (extra) course(s), he/she can opt for the “Add-On” option by paying the prescribed fee again.
8. If an applicant pays the examination fee through Offline Challan mode of SBI, the bank charges (as levied by the bank) will be borne by the candidate.
9. Candidates are allowed to appear for CUCET-2021 provisionally subject to the final verification of mark sheets/degrees/certificates, validity of certificates/mark sheets of qualifying examination and also of non- involvement in the adoption of unfair means in any of the University Examinations/ Entrance Tests held earlier, at the time of admission.
10. The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for CUCET-2021, but at the time of admission counseling, he/she will have to produce the mark sheet/degree about their fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
11. Mere appearance in the Entrance Test for securing pass marks at the CUCET-2021 does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the Course applied unless he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria/conditions. APPLICANTS MUST FULLY SATISFY THEMSELVES ABOUT THEIR ELIGIBILITY AS PRESCRIBED, BEFORE FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM.
12. If an applicant appears inadvertently at the Entrance Test who otherwise does not fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements, he/she cannot, at a later date, use that as a right to claim that he/she meets the eligibility requirements. Concerned University reserves the right to cancel/refuse admission at any point of time if it is found that:
(i) The minimum eligibility requirement is not fulfilled.
(i) False documentation has been done, or, facts have been suppressed. (ii) Any other similar valid reason.
13. Candidates admitted to any Course in the concerned University shall not be eligible to pursue simultaneously any other full-time course in this or in any other University/ Institution.
Tentative CUCET Schedule
|Commencement of Online Registration||March 16th, 2021|
|Closing Date of Online Registration||06th June, 2021|
|Issue of Admit Card for all Programs||To be notified later|
|UI PG Programmes(OMR Based)||To be notified later|
|RP Programmes(CBT Based)||To be notified later|
|Answer Key Upload|
|UI PG Programmes||To be notified later|
|RP Programmes||To be notified later|
|Grievances, if any|
|UI PG Programmes||To be notified later|
|RP Programmes||To be notified later|
|Corrected Answer Key, if any|
|UI PG Programmes||To be notified later|
|RP Programmes||To be notified later|
|Result Declaration||To be notified later|
CUCET Question Paper pattern: All Question Papers will be MCQ based consisting of: –
(i) Part A: English Language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude, and analytical skills – comprising of 25 MCQs
(ii) Part B: Domain Knowledge – comprising of 75 MCQs. This part may consist of one/two/three or more sections. Each section can have 25 or more questions. A candidate is required to answer a set of ‘X’ sections (75 questions) as specified on the front cover of the Test Question Booklet. However, he must ensure that he fills right circles in the OMR Sheet corresponding to the question numbers attended.
(iii) For example, Part B of Entrance Test-Paper (eg. UGQP01) shall consist of four sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology comprising 25 questions each. A candidate shall be required to attempt any three sections with a combination of either PCM or PCB. While choosing the combination the candidate must ensure that he/she has appeared in respective subjects at 10+2 or Pre-board or equivalent qualifying exam.
(iv) If an Entrance Test-paper contents X number of sections and a candidate is required to answer Y number of the section but if a candidate attempts all ‘X’ sections then the best of ‘X’ sections as per instructions on the question booklet will be considered for preparation of Merit list.
(v) For Admission to some Integrated Courses/B.Voc./MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general course(s), only one paper comprising of 100 MCQs covering English language, reasoning, data interpretations/ numerical ability, general awareness and analytical skills will be held.
(vi) The candidate will have to choose one correct answer and mark on OMR Sheet. However if a candidate marks multiple entries in the OMR Sheet for a particular question(s), it will be treated as the wrong answer with negative marking.
(vii) Each paper will be only of Two Hours Duration.
(Viii) There will be negative marking in CUCET-2021. Each correct answer will carry 01 marks and for each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted. Questions not attempted will not be assessed and hence will not be considered for preparing the final merit list.
Apply now on Online for CUCET: CUCET 2021
- The exam will be held on May 25 and 26, 2021.
- The application begins on March 16.
- The last date to apply online: June 06th.
FAQs on CUCET
- What is CUCET 2021?
CUCET is a “Central Universities Common Entrance Test”. This all-India test is being organized by 14 Central Universities and 4 State Universities for admission to various Integrated/ Under-Graduate, PostGraduate and Research Programmes in these Universities /Institute(s). It provides a single-window opportunity to the students to seek admission in these Participating Universities (PU) across the country.
- Who are the participating Central Universities and State Universities in the CUCET 2021?
14 CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES: 1. Central University of Andhra Pradesh 2. Central University of Kashmir 3. Assam University, Silchar 4. Central University of Kerala 5. Central University of Gujarat 6. Central University of Odisha 7. Central University of Haryana 8. Central University of Punjab 9. Central University of Jammu 10. Central University of Rajasthan 11. Central University of Jharkhand 12. Central University of South Bihar 13. Central University of Karnataka 14. Central University of Tamil Nadu
4 STATE UNIVERSITIES: 1. Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri 2. Khallikote University, Berhampur 3. Bengaluru Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics University 4. Sardar Patel University of Police, Security & Criminal Justice, Jodhpur
- What programmes are offered in these Universities?
Please see the link “Programmes” available on the website for a complete list of programmes, intake and eligibility criteria, and the universities in which these programmes are offered. Also, visit the website of the concerned university
- How much is the examination fee? Is it different if I apply for more programmes / PUs?
Application Fee for UI & PG:
a. General/ OBC/ EWS Applicants Rs. 800/-
b. SC/ST Applicants Rs. 350/-
c. PWD Applicants Nil
Application Fee for RP:
a. General/ OBC/ EWS Applicants: Rs. 1000/-
b. SC/ST Applicants: Rs. 450/-
c. PWD Applicants Nil
- How the admissions will be given?
Admissions are handled at the level of each of these Central Universities and State Universities for their respective programs. After the declaration of the CUCET results, the respective Central Universities and State Universities will declare the counselling/admission schedule and merit list based on the weightage on CUCET-2021 score and the other criteria of PU. Please see the website of the concerned university for details. There will be online admission counselling for some universities with additional fees.