Fixing Uniform Rate of Remuneration on Election Duty, Election Commission of India issued Circular No.464 on 28th February 2014. In this regard the Election Remuneration hiked to Polling Personnel.
Those who appointed to Election duty as Polling personnel in the General Assembly Elections 2014, their remuneration has been hiked and fixed as per the Election Commission of India Circular.
ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA
No.464/INST-PAY/2014-EPS; Dated: 2nd February, 2014
Subject:- Fixing uniform rate of remuneration to the officers / officials deployed on election duty – Regarding.
In supersession of the Commission’s letter No. 464/INST/2009/EPS, dated 9th January, 2009, and in order to bring uniformity in payment of remuneration to polling/counting personnel, the Commission has recommended the following rates of remuneration to be paid to the officers/officials deployed on election duty:
MinimuM Rate of remuneration (in Rupees)
- Sector Officer / Zonal Magistrate: 1500/- lump sum
- Presiding Officer / Counting Supervisor 350/- per day or part there of
- Polling Officers / Counting Asstt: 250/- per day or partthere of
- Class-IV: 150/- per day or part there of
- Packed lunch and/ or light refreshment: 150/- per head per day
- Video Surveillance Team, Video Viewing Team, Accounting Team, Expenditure Monitoring Control Room and Call Center Staffs, Media Certification and Monitoring Committee, Flying Squads, Static Surveillance Team, Expenditure Monitoring Cell
- Class -I/II (Rs. 1200/- lump sum)
- Class -III (Rs. 1000/-lump sum)
- Class -IV (Rs. 200/- per day)
- Income Tax Inspector: Rs. 1200/- lump sum
The above mentioned rates are equally applicable to police personnel actually deployed on polling booths/counting centers.
The above rates are payable to the staff for attending training classes, collecting polling materials, etc. and also for attending duty on the polling day/counting day.
The Commission has also directed that staff deployed at all polling stations/counting centers may be provided with packed lunch and or light refreshment at the rate of Rs. 150/- per head per day. In case of difficulty in providing packed lunch, a cash payment @ Rs. 150/- per head may be made.
The above rates as recommended by the Commission are minimum rates. The States/Union Territories, which are paying more than the minimum rates recommended by the Commission, may continue to pay at the higher rates. These rates will come into force prospectively and will have no retrospective effect.
The police personnel deployed on election work on poll day/Counting day including mobile Parties/Home Guards/Forest Guards/Gram Rakshak Dal/NCC (senior) Cadets/Ex-Army/CPF may be provided with packed lunch/refreshment or payment in lieu thereof as is being given to polling/counting personnel.
The expenditure incurred on this account will be borne in the following manner:
1.In case of election to the House of People: 100% by the Union Government.
2.In case of election to the Legislative Assembly: 100% by the State Government concerned.
3.In case of simultaneously election to the House of the People and the State Legislative Assembly: The expenditure will be shared between the Central and the Sate Government on 50:50 basis.