Funeral Charges Obsequies charges Enhanced: GO.MS.No. 91, Dated:13-04-2016: Govt of AP, General Administration(Service Department) SERVICES WELFARE – Welfare of Government Employees – Sanction of expenditure on Funeral Charges (Obsequies charges) of deceased Government Employees – Enhancement of Funeral Charges (Obsequies charges) from Rs.10,000/- to Rs.15,000/- – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.1669, G.A. (Ser.F) Department, Dt.15-9-1965.
2. G.O.Ms.No.1052, G.A. (Ser.F) Department, Dt.5-8-1966.
3. G.O.Ms.No.304, G.A. (Ser.F) Department, Dt.27-4-1974.
4. G.O.Ms.No.104, G.A. (AR & T.II) Department, Dt.3-2-1978.
5. G.O.Ms.No.914, G.A. (S.W.) Department, Dt.27-12-1979.
6. Govt.Memo.No.312/SW/81-1, G.A. (SW) Deptt., Dt.23-3-1981.
7. Govt.Memo.No.448/SW/81-3, G.A. (SW) Deptt., Dt.25-7-1981.
8. G.O.Ms.No.510, G.A. (SW) Deptt., Dt.14-11-1985.
9. G.O.Ms.No.548, G.A. (Ser.Wel) Deptt, Dt.7-12-1998.
10.G.O.Ms.No.90, G.A. (Ser.Wel.) Deptt., Dt.9-3-2000.
11.G.O.Ms.No.569, G.A. (Ser.Wel.I) Deptt., Dt.6-8-2007.
12.G.O.Ms.No.192, G.A. (Ser.Wel.I) Deptt., Dt.23-04-2010.
13.D.O.Lr.No.25766/ dt.11.12.2015 received from the Deputy Secretary to Government, Finance Department.
In the orders read above as amended from time to time, the Government have introduced a scheme under Welfare Measures to Government Employees according to which an amount of Rs.10,000/- is being sanctioned in terms of G.O.12th read above to the nearest relative of Government Employees or the person lawfully in possession of the body of the deceased Government Employees to meet the expenses on obsequies ceremony.
2. In the D.O letter 13th read above, the Finance Department has requested this Department to take necessary action for enhancement of Funeral Charges to the deceased Government Employees as per the 10th Pay Revision Commission recommendation on the matter. The 10th P.R.C., has recommended to increase the amount to Rs.20,000/-.
3. The Government after careful examination, hereby enhance the Funeral Charges (Obsequies Charges) from Rs.10,000/- to Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen thousand only) to all categories of Government Employees including All India Service Officers payable to the person indicated in para (1) above and accordingly the following amendment is issued to the Annexure to G.O.Ms.No.1669, G.A. (Ser.F) Department, Dt.15-9-1965 as amended in the G.Os. read above.
The existing Rule 3 under “sanction of expenditure” shall be substituted as under: “3. the amount that may be sanctioned by the Head of Office for the purpose shall not be more than Rupees fifteen thousand only”
4. For the existing para-3 in G.O.Ms.No.548, G.A.(Ser.Wel) Department, Dt.7-12-1998 the following para shall be substituted:-
“The item of expenditure on obsequies charges shall be debited to sub- detailed Head of Account “310-Grants-in-aid”, “312-Other Grant-in-aid” under respective Major, Minor and Sub-Head of Account of the Department concerned and exempted from the Treasury Control and Quarterly Control orders. All Departments of Secretariat and Heads of Departments are requested to obtain a supplementary grant for such expenditure incurred at the appropriate time during the same Financial Year.”
5. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (HR.VI-MSPA-A&L) Department vide their U.O.No.25029/2/2016-SO (HR VI & MSPA-A&L), dated 24.2.2016.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details