GO.1059 Job Chart of VRO (Village Revenue Officers): As per the Govt Orders, creating Revenue functionary at Village level under the exclusive administrative control of the MRO to handle the work relating to Land Revenue matter at the Village level.
Government-issued the revised Job chart of the Village Revenue Officers of the Revenue Department in the modification of the Job chart. The details as follows.
JOB CHART OF VRO GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH REVENUE DEPARTMENT – Village Administration – Functions relating to the Village Revenue Officers – Issue of revised Job chart – Orders – Issued. REVENUE (VA) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No.1059. Dated.31-7-2007
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No. 195, Revenue (VA.I) Dept., dated 30.12.2006.
2. G.O.Ms.No. 105, Revenue (VA.I) Dept., dated 31.01.2007.
3. Representation of the A.P. VROs Association, dated 1.3.2007.
4. Minutes of the meeting of the Group of Ministers held on 3.4.2007.
5. G.O.Ms.No. 199, PR&RD (Mdl.II) Dept., dated 18.5.2007.
6. Government Memo. No. 15590/VA.1/2007-2, dated 15.6.2007.
7. From the CCLA, Hyderabad Lr.No. A3/24/2004-II, dated 20.6.2007.
In the G.O. 1st read above orders were issued creating Revenue functionary at Village level under the exclusive administrative control of the Tahsildar (MRO) to handle the work relating to Land Revenue matter at the Village level. In the G.O. 2nd read above orders were issued creating the post of Village Revenue Officer and the job chart to the Village Revenue Officers is also issued. It was also ordered to recast the Job chart of Panchayat Secretaries working Panchayat Raj Department by the PR&RD Department.
2. The Cabinet Sub Committee consisting of Minister for Panchayat Raj, Minister for Revenue and Minister for Home, met on 3.4.2007 have approved the new Job chart of the Panchayat functionary i.e., Panchayat Secretaries of PR&RD Department as well as the modified Job chart of Revenue functionary i.e., Village Revenue Officers.
3. In the G.O. 5th read above, the Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Department have issued revised Job chart to the Panchayat Secretaries of PR&RD Department as per the minutes of the meeting of the Group of Ministers held on 3.4.2007. Job Chart of VRO
4. The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Hyderabad in his Letter 7th read above has requested the Government to issue a notification relating to the allocation of subjects to the Village Revenue Officers as per the minutes of the meeting of the Group of Ministers held on 3.4.2007.
5. Government after careful examination hereby decided to issue the revised Job chart of the Village Revenue Officers of the Revenue Department in the modification of the Job chart issued in G.O. 2nd read above, as follows:
Job Chart of VRO:
I. General Administrative / Revenue Duties:
- i) Maintenance of Village revenue record sand all Village revenue Accounts promptly and accurately.
- ii) Collection of Land Revenue, Cessee, Taxes and other sums pertaining to the Revenue Department.
- iii) Azmoish of crops (100%) inclusive of inspection of survey stones.
- iv) Issue of Certificates: The Village Revenue Officers shall issue the following certificates in their respective Villages duly following the procedure:
1) Nativity certificate and Solvency certificate
2) Residence Certificate
3) Pahani / Adangal extracts
- v) Provide intimation regarding fire accidents, floods cyclone and other accidents and calamities to the higher officials whenever and wherever they occur and provide assistance to the Revenue Officials in assessing loss sustained because of natural calamities and in providing relief.
- vi) Inform the Railway Station Master of any mishap or unusual occurrence of floods that might need urgent action to prevent a mishap.
- vii) Preparation of pay bills of Village Servants.
- viii) Maintenance of Village Chavadies.
- ix) Protection of Government lands Government tanks, trees and other Government properties and take effective steps to safeguard the interest of Government.
- x) Inform promptly to the higher officials in respect of treasure trove and unclaimed property and escheat.
- xi) Intimate the Mandal Revenue Officer/Tahsildar of any intended demolition of ancient buildings and any inscriptions on any such ancient monuments which would have archaeological, cultural heritage importance.
- xii) Preserve and safeguard Government lands and properties form encroachments, damage or misuse include the lands available to the public, such as roads, streets and open spaces in and near their villages.
- xiii) Report encroachments damage or misuse of Government lands and damage to Government property promptly to the Mandal Revenue Officer/Tahsildar and take effective follow-up action.
- xiv) Provide assistance to the concerned authorities while issuing the proceedings under the provisions of the Revenue Recovery Act by obtaining property details.
- xv) Assist the authorities in serving legal notices and summons.
- xvi) Cause beat of tom-tom and adopt other methods for informing people about events.
- xvii) Assist in loan recoveries.
- xviii) Conduct Panchanama in the recovery of unclaimed property.
- xix) Keep Government attached property in safe custody.
- xx) Assist in the preparation, updating of electoral rolls and perform other election duties as the government may direct.
- xxi) Attend the meetings convened by Gram Panchayat in their jurisdiction and on request to furnish information relating to sanction of pensions, number of ration cards in circulation, house site pattas distributed and on other matters relating to Revenue Administration.
- xxii) Assist Andhra Pradesh Transaction Corporation in its operations at village level and inform about the theft, pilferage of electricity to the concerned authorities.
- xxiii) Act as “Inspector” under Minimum Wages Act, 1948 as and when notified by the Competent Authority.
- xxiv) A Village Revenue Officer when called upon to do so, produce the account, registers and other records, maintained by him or which are in his custody for inspection of any revenue official or any other officer authorized by the Collector, RDO or Tahsildar. Except when called upon to produce his accounts and other records as mentioned above, the Village Revenue Officer shall keep the accounts, registers and records in his personal custody.
- xxv) In the event of transfer/suspension/removal/dismissal/retirement or proceeding on leave other than casual leave, he shall hand over all the accounts, registers, records and the like to the person duly appointed by the competent authority or authorized to take charge by the Tahsildar. Job Chart of VRO
II. Police functions:
- i) Give prompt information to the Police Department regarding murders, suicides, unnatural deaths and other important developments which may threaten peace in the village.
- ii) Inform the police of strangers of suspicious appearance who have entered and taken refuge in the village.
- iii) Prevent the commission of any offence or public nuisance.
- iv) Take measures to bring the offenders to justice.
- v) Search for stolen property and bring to the Police Station.
- vi) Preserve in-tact the scene of the offence.
- vii) Take charge of unclaimed property and send to the Policy Station.
III. Community Welfare and Development:
- i) Assist the concerned government department in the implementation of important Government programmes such as Indiramma Prabha, Indira Kranthi Pathakam, National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme etc.,
- ii) Furnish data on income levels of persons in the village prepared on the basis of government guidelines issued in that regard from time to time.
- iii) Do necessary documentation and assist in the implementation of the Weaker Section Housing Programme.
- iv) Report on the atrocities against women and children to the authorities concerned and take action within 24 hours.
- v) Report cases of atrocities against Scheduled Castes & Schedule Tribes to the authorities concerned & provide assistance to them.
- vi) Strive for the eradication of untouchability of providing access to Schedule Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Temples, and removal of discrimination in all forms against the scheduled caste population.
- vii) Report any outbreak of communicable disease especially Malaria, Japanese Encephalitis and Gastroenteritis to the nearest Primary Health Centre immediately.
- viii) Attend meetings of Village Tribal Development agencies and assist them in preparation of micro plans and in implementing them.
- ix) Assist the Education department in conducting the literacy classes.
- x) Assist in reconciliation of estimates of crop coverage with Azmoish figure
- for reconciling the crop area for the crop insurance scheme.
- xi) Assist the department of Agriculture in implementing its programmes and disseminating extension information.
- xii) Assist in the maintenance of agriculture statistics.
- xiii) Assist in giving information to the concerned officials about any black market sales of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides.
- xiv) Assist in the maintenance of household data of weavers both within and outside Co-operation fold and their economic status.
- xv) Issue Dependency Certificate for handloom weavers if any desired.
- xvi) Function as Marriage Officer for the cluster of the village under the Act for the compulsory registration of marriages in the State (Act No. 15 of 2002)
i) Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Government, Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Collector, Revenue Divisional Officer, Mandal Revenue Officers / Tahasildar or any authorized in this behalf. Job Chart of VRO