TS Journalist Health Card download from the JHS Web Portal https://www.jhs.telangana.gov.in/login.htm. Telangana Journalists who have registered can download TS Journalist Health Cards by login details.
JHS objective is Working and retired journalists Health Scheme is formulated to provide cashless treatment to the journalists of the Telangana Government and their dependent family members. The scheme is intended to benefit Serving working and retired Journalists of the State.
TS Journalist Health Card
|Health Card||TS Journalist Health Card|
|TS Journalist Health Card||Journalist Health Card|
|Health Card Status||Journalist Card Status|
|JHS Web Portal||JHS Website|
Working and retired journalists Health Scheme is intended to provide cashless treatment to all the State Working and retired journalists along with their dependent family members through a network of empanelled hospitals of Aarogyasri Health Care Trust in lieu of the present medical reimbursement system.
Steps to download TS Journalist Health Card
- Journalist needs to access the portal using the URL: www.jhs.telangana.gov.in
- Where the Journalist has a provision to click on ‘user login’ on the right top of the screen
- On clicking ‘user login’, a page will be displayed where the user has a provision to enter user name and password and then click on ‘ login’
- On clicking ‘login’, a web page will be displayed where the user has a provision to click on Registration → Download Health Card.
- On clicking ‘download health card’, a page will be displayed where the journalist will have a provision to view the health card details by clicking on ‘view card’ (or) has a provision to print the health card by clicking on ‘Print’ tab
How to enroll the in TS Journalists Health Scheme (JHS) ?
- Steps for login: First Login into www.jhs.telangana.gov.in. Then go to HOME >User Login>>User ID & Password. Now, Click on Registration > select Health Card Enrollment.
- On clicking ‘health card enrollment’, the page will navigate to ‘registration form’ onto which journalist ID will be auto populated.
- Here the user now has a provision to fill the personal details, working details, identification details, address for correspondence and add attachments if any. After entering all the mandatory fields, the user has a provision to partially save the details.
- After entering all the mandatory fields, the user has provision to click on ‘add details of family members’ to add the beneficiary details. On clicking ‘save family member details’, a pop up message shown as a ‘family member details added successfully’.
- Once all the mandatory fields like personal details, working details, identification details, address for correspondence, family member details are added, the user now clicks on ‘SAVE’ button onto which a message ‘saved successfully’ will pop up as shown.
- On saving the details, the user now has a provision to ‘submit application’ as shown. On submitting the application, a pop up message shown as a ‘ application for health card has been submitted and it is pending with DPRO for approval’.
What are the benefits covered under the Journalists Health Scheme (JHS)?
a. In-Patient Treatment: The scheme will provide inpatient treatment for the 1885 Medical and Surgical procedures, similar to those being provided to the Government employees, in the empanelled hospitals.
Inpatient treatment Package includes end-to-end cashless inpatient services from the time of reporting of the patient, including professional services, investigations, medicines, Implants, consumables, diet and ten(10) days post-discharge medication, including treatment of complications, if any, up to thirty (30) days post- discharge for those patients who undergo listed therapies offered through Network Hospitals.
b. Follow-up services: The scheme will provide for a period of one year through fixed packages to those patients who require long term follow-up therapy in order to get optimum benefit from the procedure and avoid complications. Follow-up packages include consultation and medication.
c. Outpatient services for 25 Chronic diseases: The scheme will provide Outpatient services for 25 Chronic diseases including consultation, Investigations and Dugs in the notified Government Hospitals.
d. Ward Entitlement: During inpatient treatment, the beneficiary is entitled to stay in Semi private ward.
FAQs on Journalists Health Scheme (JHS)
What is Journalists Health Scheme (JHS) ?
Journalists Health Scheme is intended to provide cashless treatment to all the working and retired journalist. The beneficiaries can avail cashless treatment for the empanelled specialties in all the Network Hospitals for all the listed therapies. For more information visit website, www.jhs.telangana.gov.in
Who is Eligible for Journalists Health Scheme (JHS) ?
Both accredited and non-accredited working and retired Journalists, and their dependents. The Scheme will be applicable to both accredited and non-accredited Working and Retired Journalists. The Commissioner, Information & Public Relations Department will compile the details of eligible journalists for coverage under the scheme.
Is Aadhaar card compulsory for enrollment under JHS?
If the Aadhar card is chosen for identification, it is a mandatory to upload. otherwise not necessary.
What is the last date for working and retired journalists for enrollment?
There is no last date for enrollment for working and retired journalists.
Telangana Journalists Health Scheme – GO.64 Details
GO.64 released for Working and Retired Telangana Journalists Health Scheme and issuing Telangana Journalists Health Cards. GO.MS.No. 64; Dated: 22-7-2015: GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA, HEALTH, MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE (A2) DEPARTMENT; Telangana State – Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department – Comprehensive health coverage to the working and retired journalists in Telangana -Notification of “Working and retired Journalists Health Scheme” – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.203.GA (I&PR.I) Department, dated: 27-7-2004
2. G.O.Ms.No.174, HM&FW (M2), Department, dated: 1-11-2013
3. G.O.Ms.No.32, HM&FW (A2I) Department, dated: 03-11-2014
4. From the Commissioner, I&PR Department, Hyderabad Lr. No.001042/MR/2014, dated 26-08-2014.
In the G.O.1st read above, the then Government of Andhra Pradesh issued orders for implementation of Group Medi – claim policy, as health insurance scheme, for the working journalists.
After review and examination of the scheme, the Government has decided to provide comprehensive health coverage to the working and retired journalists in Telangana similar to the Employees Health Scheme introduced in the G.Os 2 and 3rd read above.
2. Government after careful examination, hereby approve the “Working and retired Journalists Health Scheme”, which will ipso facto replace the existing Group Medi-claim policy launched in the G.O.1st read above.
3. The government also hereby issue the following guidelines for the implementation of ‘Working and retired Journalists Health Scheme.
The coverage under the scheme is as follows:-
I.1 BENEFICIARIES COVERED: The Scheme will be applicable to the Working and Retired Journalists. The Commissioner, Information & Public Relations Department will compile the details of eligible journalists for coverage under the scheme. The option will be given to the journalists, who are having white ration cards to choose either this Health Scheme or Aarogyasri Health Scheme, but they are not allowed to avail both the Schemes.
I.2 FAMILY MEMBERS: The following family members are entitled to avail the Health Scheme.
(a) Dependent Parents (either adoptive or biological, but not both).
(b) One legally wedded wife in case of a male journalist. Husband in case of a female journalist.
(c) Wholly dependent legitimate children (including step-children and
(d) Adopted children)
I.2.1 DEPENDENCY WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING MEANING:
– In the case of parents, those who are dependent on the Journalist for their livelihood.
– In the case of unemployed daughters, those who are unmarried or widowed or divorced or deserted.
– In the case of unemployed sons, those who are below the age of 25 years.
– Disabled children with a disability which renders them unfit for employment.
II. BENEFITS COVERED:
2.1 In-Patient Treatment:
a) The scheme will provide inpatient treatment for the medical and surgical procedures, similar to those being provided to the Government employees, in the empanelled hospitals.
b) Inpatient treatment Package includes the following services:
c) End-to-end cashless inpatient services from the time of reporting of the patient, including professional services, investigations, medicines, Implants, consumables, diet and ten(10) days post-discharge medication, including treatment of complications, if any, up to thirty (30) days post-discharge for those patients who undergo listed therapies offered through Network Hospitals.
II.2 Follow-Up Services: Follow-up services will be provided for a period of one year through fixed packages to those patients who require long term follow-up therapy in order to get optimum benefit from the procedure and avoid complications. Follow- up packages include consultation and medication.
II.3 Ward Entitlement: During inpatient treatment, the beneficiary is entitled to stay in Semi private ward.
III. FINANCIAL COVERAGE:
1. The total cost on implementation of Journalists Health Scheme shall be borne by the Government and no contribution will be collected from them.
2. There shall be no upper limit on the financial coverage and the total cost of treatment of the patient for the enlisted therapies will be covered under the Scheme.
3. Treatment for all the enlisted procedures will be provided in all the network hospitals (both private and Government) empanelled with Aarogyasri Health Care Trust. However, the position will be reviewed after six months so as to ensure a minimum of 60% participation by Government Hospitals in terms of amount. To achieve that, if required certain procedures may be reserved for Government hospitals which have required infrastructure for such procedures.
4. Outpatient for chronic diseases will be provided in the notified Government Hospitals only and the guidelines for chronic OP treatment shall be issued separately.
IV. NETWORK HOSPITALS:
The existing network hospitals (NWHs) already empanelled with the
Aarogyasri Health Care Trust (AHCT) under Employees Health Scheme will serve the ‘Working and retired Journalists Health Scheme’.
B) Hospital Payments
Payments under the Scheme will be based on package prices already approved by Government under Employees Health Scheme. The period from the date of reporting to the hospital to 10 days after the date of discharge from the hospital will be treated as part of the package.
C) Penal Actions
Empanelled hospitals resorting to irregularities or misuse will be blacklisted and the entire amount recovered besides launching criminal action.
V. IMPLEMENTATION MECHANISM:
A) IMPLEMENTING AGENCY
Aarogyasri Health Care Trust will be the implementing agency for Working and retired Journalists’ Health Scheme “, leveraging on the experience it has gained in running Aarogyasri Scheme as well as the newly introduced Employees Health Scheme.
B) NODAL AGENCY:
The Commissioner, Information & Public Relations, Telangana will be the nodal agency. The details of Journalists covered under the Scheme will be collected by the Information & Public Relations Department and forwarded to the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust, which in turn, will feed the data and generate the health cards.
C) PENAL ACTIONS:
Any irregularities or misuse committed by the beneficiaries coming to the notice of Government or AHCT will entail forfeiture of benefits under the Scheme in the future, besides penal action as per law.
a) Pre-authorization will be issued within 12 hours for any IP treatment. The claims will be paid to the hospitals within 7 days.
b) AHCT through its IT platform will process all pre-authorisations and claims and the entire data will reside in State Data Centre of Government of Telangana and be available for real-time audit
c) There will be a grievance redressal mechanism and call centre cell 24×7 for addressing grievances of beneficiaries and hospitals.
V. HEALTH CARDS:
1.The details of Journalists covered under the Scheme will be collected by the Information & Public Relations Department and forwarded to the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust, which in turn, will feed the data and generate the health cards.
2. The journalists shall download the cards from the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust website.
3. The aadhaar number / aadhaar enrolment number shall be the identification number for the Health Coverage.
1. The scheme will be reviewed, in all aspects, after six months by the Committee to be constituted by the Government. The Commissioner, I&PR shall take necessary action for the constitution of the Committee.
2. Detailed operational guidelines required from time to time will be issued by Government in Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department, and made available in the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust website.
3. Chief Executive Officer, Aarogyasri Health Trust and the Commissioner, Information & Public Relations Department shall take further necessary action in the matter.