How to apply for CLAT 2020 for Common Law Admission Test and Online application form at clat.ac.in. Common Law Admission Test, CLAT 2020 official website is now available for applying. Candidates interested in appearing in the entrance examination can now check the eligibility criteria, Exam pattern and the syllabus for CLAT 2020 on the official website clat.ac.in.
The complete information along with the important dates for the examination is also available on the official website. The online application for CLAT 2020 would begin from January 1, 2020, and close on March 31, 2020. The examination is scheduled for May 10, 2020.
CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is being conducted by National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi. The score of CLAT is accepted across most of the national law universities for admissions to graduate, postgraduate as well as integrated examination. Please note, there is no upper age limit for the CLAT 2020 examination for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The eligibility criteria also list out the criteria on which the candidates scoring equal marks would be shortlisted in the merit list.
All candidates are advised to check the paper pattern, eligibility and important dates on the official website. The syllabus for all the sections is also available. Candidates are also advised to note that the process of filling the online application form. Candidates can also check the list of documents which would be required at the time of filling the online application form.
The details of the institutes accepting CLAT scores is also available on the official website. CLAT 2020 is conducted at a national level for admission to law courses – both graduate and undergraduate at various national law universities and other government colleges in the country.
The registration process for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 is going to begin from January 1, 2020 on its official website: clat.ac.in. This year the exam will be conducted by the National Law University (NLU), Odisha. Candidates can apply both online and offline modes. The last date to submit online applications is March 31, 2020 and offline mode applications will be closed at 5 pm on May 10, 2020, according to the official release. Candidates who clear the CLAT exam will be eligible for admission to graduate and undergraduate courses in 21 NLUs across India.
Undergraduate courses – Students applying for the five-year integrated law degree should have cleared class 12 or equivalent with minimum 45 per cent marks. For candidates belonging to SC or ST category, the minimum marks requirement is 40 per cent.
Postgraduate courses – Students appearing in CLAT 2020 for postgraduate courses need have at least 50 per cent marks in LLB degree. A relaxation of 5 per cent is allowed for SC and ST category candidates.
Application fee for CLAT is Rs 4,000 for those belonging to SC, ST and BPL category the same is Rs 3,500. The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs 500.
The Consortium of National Law University has started the application process for the CLAT 2020. The registration has commenced from January 1 and will continue till March 31. Interested candidates can apply at the official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in. CLAT will be held on May 10.
Those who clear the entrance exam will be eligible for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate level courses in law schools including NLUs. The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all 18 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
How to apply for CLAT 2020:
- Visit the official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- on the home page click ‘CLAT 2020 apply’ link
- Click on ‘Register’ button at the bottom of log-in window
- Register using details, verify and fill form
- Upload images
- Make payment
The link will be available from January 1 onwards only currently, the website is showing link for CLAT 2020.
The procedure for filling up the Application Form for CLAT 2020:
- The application form for CLAT 2020 shall be filled Online only.
- The online application form has to be accessed from the CLAT-2020 website (www.clat.ac.in).
- The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2020 online application webpage by using personal e-mail ID and mobile number. To register an application, choose the tab “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” and enter Name, Email-id and Mobile number. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system. An Email and SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will be sent. Use this Provisional Registration Number and Password to log in to fill the Online Application.
- The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify their candidature.
- Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded by the candidates, adhering to the guidelines provided in the online application webpage, are:
- Front facing passport size recent photograph
- Signature of the candidate.
- The scanned copy of the certificate in PDF format issued by the competent authority to support the claim of Specially Abled Persons (SAP).
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- The candidate can fill up the required details in the application form and save the same before finally submitting it.
- No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Office.
- The candidate is advised to submit his/her application form only after he/she is absolutely sure of the information he/she provides in the form.
- No alteration / editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission /final submission of the form. The information once furnished by the candidate with regard to the category to which the candidate belongs, the preference for the NLUs and the Centre of the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates through online application mode shall be final and no change whatsoever, shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
- The candidates are required to read the instructions carefully and furnish correct and authentic information. In case the information furnished at any stage of the application, examination and admission process is found to be false or incorrect or if there is any discrepancy or mismatch between the information furnished by the candidate at the relevant section and the certificates/documents produced at the time of admission, the provisional admission offered to the candidate shall stand cancelled with immediate effect without assigning any further reason and the candidate shall stand disqualified from being considered for further admission to the NLU s by the CLAT Office.
- The SAP candidates must upload the scanned copy (in .PDF format) of the Disability Certificate showing the percentage of disability issued by the competent authority in the ‘Document Upload’ section of the online application form.
- The SAP Candidates requiring SCRIBE, must specify in the relevant column of the online application form whether the candidate would arrange a SCRIBE on his/her own or the same is to be provided by the CLAT Office.
- The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all nineteen NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
- Application Fee / Previous Years Question Papers’ Fee
- Application fee for General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT-2020 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online
Mode of Payment of Application Fee:
a. Application fee can be paid online or by bank challan generated online.
b. For payment of application fee, candidates are required to login to the CLAT 2020 Online Application Webpage. Application fee shall be paid online through net-banking /debit card / credit card/ pay wallet/ RuPay etc. or through offline mode by way of online- generated bank challan.
c. Offline payments can be made after registering the application online and generating challans online. The print out of the challans generated have to be taken to the relevant bank for payment over the counter. Offline payments are to be made in CASH only.
d. The candidates will have to bear additional bank transaction charges, if any, in case they opt for remitting the fee through net-banking payment gateways or any of the other modes of payment, including challan payments
e. The detailed procedure for payment of fee is also available at the CLAT-2020 online application web page.
The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted on or before 31st March, 2020 (11:59 P.M.). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
For any information relating to the nineteen NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective Institutions which will be available at the CLAT 2020 website.
The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her LOGIN account from 20th April, 2020 . The candidates shall take a print-out of the Admit Card/Hall Ticket and carry the same to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
FOR NRI/NRI Sponsored/foreign national seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the e-brochures as well as the websites of the respective NLUs for more details. All NRI/NRI Sponsored Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT-2020 examination for those NLUs where such category is admitted through CLAT 2020 rankings and not admitted directly by the concerned Universities. However, the Foreign Nationals need not appear for the CLAT-2020 examination and they shall directly apply to the concerned Universities. For availing a seat against the NRI /NRI Sponsored category, the appropriate certificate(s)/ documents shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission to the concerned participating university in the prescribed format of the concerned University.
Only Indian Nationals/NRIs/NRI Sponsored Candidates are allowed to appear in the CLAT-2020 Examination. Foreign Nationals are not permitted to appear in the CLAT-2020. However, the Foreign Nationals desirous of seeking admission to any of the UG/PG courses in any of the participating NLUs may directly contact the concerned University having seats reserved for Foreign Nationals.
Declaration of Result : CLAT 2020 result will be published on 31st May, 2020 in the CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in).
ADMISSION PROCEDURE : The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2020 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Office. The basis of allotment of seats shall be ‘merit-cum-preference’, i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category / categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2020 results. The entire procedure shall be completed as per the CLAT calendar which is available on the CLAT website.
Other Important Instructions for the Candidates : Information regarding the details of intake, reservation policies and the courses offered along with the fee structures of various participating National Law Universities is available in the Information Brochure which can be accessed from the official website of CLAT and also from the websites of the participating NLUs. The candidates are, therefore, advised to thoroughly go through the rules, policies and the fee structure of the participating NLUs before filling in the application form for UG as well as PG courses, and also for the NRI/NRI Sponsored and Foreign National seats.
Information provided in the e-Brochure regarding the intake, reservation policy, fee, courses offered and the subjects taught at various levels including the areas of specialization, etc., has been specified very briefly. For detailed information regarding the same, the candidates may refer to the information available at the websites of the participating NLUs.
In the event of unforeseen incidents resulting in the cancellation of a Test city or centre, or insufficient or extra number of candidates opting to appear from a particular Test Centre, the Convenor, CLAT-2020 reserves the right to cancel such a City/Centre and shift the applicant to a another City/ Centre
In order to claim the benefit of reservation, the candidate must produce the relevant certificates as prescribed by the Government of India/State Government and as required by the respective NLU at the time of admission, as notified by them.
The CLAT-2020 application fee is non-refundable and non-adjustable.
Participating National Law Universities reserve the right to change the total number of seats and break-up of seats as per their policy before the final allotment. The reservation policy is subject to change as decided by the concerned Government from time to time.
If a candidate has filled-in more than one online application form, the candidate’s last online application form only will be considered. In such cases, the application fee for the previous application forms will not be refunded.
The allotment of seats and the offer for admission under CLAT-2020 shall be provisional and shall not create any right of admission in favour of a candidate.
Candidates are advised to visit CLAT-2020 website regularly for updates.
How to apply for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2020, Online application form at clat.ac.in OR https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/