JEE Advanced Admit Card 2024 or IIT Entrance Test Admit Card 2024 will be released by the NTA on is official website, jeeadv.ac.in one week before conduct of the examination.
Students who have registered for the JEE Advanced exam can check details and download the JEE Advanced Hall Ticket 2024 from the official web portal by using login details.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is a highly competitive examination conducted in India for admission to prestigious engineering institutes such as the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Aspirants who qualify in the JEE Main examination are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. One crucial document required to take the JEE Advanced examination is the admit card.
In this page, we will explore the significance of the JEE Advanced admit card, the process to download it, important details mentioned on the admit card, and other essential information for candidates.
JEE Advanced is the second phase of the Joint Entrance Examination, which is conducted annually by one of the IITs on a rotational basis.
It serves as the gateway for admission into the undergraduate engineering programs offered by the prestigious IITs across India. JEE Advanced is known for its rigorous and challenging nature, and it requires thorough preparation and dedication from the aspirants.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2024
The JEE Advanced admit card 2024 holds immense significance for candidates appearing in the examination. It serves as a proof of identity and provides essential details about the candidate and the examination center.
The admit card is considered a crucial document for authentication purposes and acts as a hall ticket granting entry to the examination venue.
JEE Advanced Admit Card Released Date 2024
The JEE Advanced admit card for the year 2024 is expected to be released in the month of May. However, candidates are advised to regularly check the official website for updates and announcements regarding the exact release date. It is essential to stay updated to ensure timely access to the admit card.
The examination for admission to various IITs would now be conducted on July 3, 2024.
The examination would be a computer based test and would be conducted in two slots – morning and afternoon for B.Tech and B.Arch courses respectively.
JEE Advanced 2024 Admit Card
|Name Of The Admit Card||JEE Advanced Admit Card 2024|
|Title||JEE Advanced 2024 Admit Cards|
|Subject||JEE Advanced Admit Cards 2024|
|Admit card download||17-05-2024|
|Exam Timings||Paper-1 : 09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon|
Paper-2 : 02:30 PM to 05:30 PM
JEE Advanced Exam Date 2024
- JEE Advanced Exam Date: 26-05-2024 (Both Papers are compulsory)
- JEE Advanced Paper 1 exam timings : 09:00 to 12:00 hours (IST)
- JEE Advanced Paper 2 exam timings : 14:30 to 17:30 hours (IST)
JEE Advanced Admit Card Details
The JEE Advanced admit card contains crucial information that candidates must carefully examine. The details mentioned on the admit card include:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Photograph and Signature
- Examination Center and Address
- Date and Time of the Examination
- Important Instructions
Candidates must ensure that all the information mentioned on the admit card is accurate. In case of any discrepancies, they should immediately contact the JEE Advanced authorities for rectification.
Essential Documents to Carry with the JEE Advanced 2024 Admit Card
Along with the admit card, candidates are required to carry certain essential documents to the examination center. These documents include:
- Valid Photo ID: Candidates must carry a valid photo identification document such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter ID card, or passport.
- Passport-size Photographs: Candidates need to carry recent passport-size photographs for identification purposes.
It is important to note that candidates failing to produce these documents along with the admit card may not be allowed to enter the examination center.
Steps to Download JEE Advanced Admit Cards 2024?
The Indian Institute of Technology will release the JEE Advanced admit card on its official website, jeeadv.ac.in. The admit cards can be downloaded till the deadline by the registered candidates.
The JEE Advanced Admit Cards will be available for the candidates who successfully registered for JEE Advanced Exam to download by logging in to the candidate portal using registration number. In order to download the JEE Advanced admit cards, all the candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Students who registered for the JEE Advanced examination need to visit the official website, jeeadv.ac.in in your device web browser.
- Once you reach the official website of JEE Advanced examination, click on the link for JEE Advanced Admit Card on the home page.
- After clicking on that link, candidate portal for JEE Advanced will be displayed on the screen.
- You would be asked to enter your JEE Advanced Registration Number, Date of Birth, Mobile number and email address and click on the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button, your admit card would be available for download. Download Admit Card for JEE (Advanced) at Candidate’s Portal and and take a printout for future references.
Helpdesk: Students facing any issues related to exam can directly write to the Chairman of JEE Advanced. IIT Delhi Director has asked the students to share any exam related matters with Chairman, JEE (Advanced) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Instructions for Candidates
Candidates appearing for the JEE Advanced examination must adhere to certain important instructions. These instructions are meant to ensure a fair and smooth conduct of the examination. Some key instructions include:
- Reach the Examination Center on Time: Candidates should arrive at the examination center well before the reporting time mentioned on the admit card.
- Follow the Dress Code: Candidates must adhere to the specified dress code guidelines provided by the examination authorities.
- Prohibited Items: Candidates should not carry any prohibited items such as electronic gadgets, study materials, or calculators inside the examination hall.
- Admit Card Retention: Candidates must retain their admit card until the completion of the admission process, as it may be required for future reference.
It is crucial for candidates to thoroughly read and understand all the instructions mentioned on the admit card to avoid any last-minute confusion or inconvenience.
JEE Advanced Exam Day Guidelines
On the day of the JEE Advanced examination, candidates should keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Carry the Admit Card: Candidates must carry the printed copy of their admit card to the examination center without fail.
- Be Punctual: It is advisable to reach the examination center at least 30 minutes before the reporting time to avoid any unnecessary stress or delays.
- Adhere to COVID-19 Safety Measures: In light of the ongoing pandemic, candidates must strictly follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines such as wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing, and using hand sanitizers.
- Read and Understand the Question Paper: Candidates should carefully read and understand the instructions mentioned in the question paper before attempting the questions.
By following these guidelines, candidates can ensure a smooth and organized examination experience.
IIT Admissions through JEE Advanced Exam
While JEE Mains is conducted for admission to engineering colleges across the country, JEE Advanced is for the ones seeking admission to IITs. It is mandatory to clear the JEE Mains to be eligible to appear for JEE-Advanced.
JEE Advanced is a national-level engineering entrance test. The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) forms the basis for admission to the following programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in Engineering, Science and Architecture in all the IITs:
- 4-year Bachelors: BTech., BS
- 5-year BArch
- 5-year Dual Degree: BTech- MTech., BS- MS
- 5-year Integrated Masters: MTech., MSc Dual Degree
Joint Entrance Examination Advanced is conducted by any one of the 7 IITs namely IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Roorkee or Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, under the aegis of the Joint Admission Board (JAB).
The IITs will be offering BTech, BS, BArch, BTech and MTech dual degree, BS and MS dual degree, Integrated MTech, and Integrated MSc degrees through JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced Admit Card FAQs
What is the JEE Advanced Exam Pattern?
The only exam format available is a computer-based test (CBT). As per the notification, there will be two question papers in JEE Advanced, Paper 1 and Paper 2, each lasting three hours. The exam, which will be for six hours, in two language, Hindi and English.
What is the JEE advanced marking scheme?
The marking schemes change each year. Negative marks may be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions. Details of the marking scheme will be provided in the “Instructions to Candidates” section at the time of examination. Each question paper will include three distinct components, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Which courses offered by JEE advanced exam?
Through JEE Advanced examination, IITs offer admission to undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelors, Integrated Masters, Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Architecture.
When will the JEE Advanced admit card for 2023 be released?
The JEE Advanced admit card for 2024 is expected to be released in the month of May. However, candidates should regularly check the official website for updates.
How can I download the JEE Advanced admit card?
To download the JEE Advanced admit card, visit the official website, enter your registration number and other required details, and follow the instructions provided.
What documents should I carry along with the admit card?
Candidates should carry a valid photo identification document and recent passport-size photographs along with the admit card.
What should I do if there are errors in my admit card?
In case of any errors or discrepancies in the admit card, candidates should contact the JEE Advanced authorities immediately for rectification.
Can I carry a soft copy (PDF) of the JEE Advanced Admit Card to the examination center?
No, you must carry a printed copy of the JEE Advanced Admit Card to the examination center. Soft copies or digital versions are not accepted.
Is it necessary to preserve the JEE Advanced Admit Card even after the examination is over?
Yes, it is advisable to keep the admit card safely even after the examination. It may be required during counseling and admission processes.
What should I do if I forget to bring my JEE Advanced Admit Card to the examination center?
The JEE Advanced Admit Card is mandatory for entry to the examination center. If you forget to bring it, you may not be allowed to appear for the examination. It is advisable to keep multiple copies of the admit card as a backup.
The JEE Advanced admit card is an essential document for candidates appearing in the examination. It serves as proof of identity and provides crucial details about the candidate and the examination center.
Candidates must download and carry the admit card along with the necessary documents to the examination center. It is important to follow the instructions mentioned on the admit card and adhere to the guidelines provided by the examination authorities.
By carefully understanding the process to download the admit card and being aware of the important instructions, candidates can ensure a smooth and hassle-free JEE Advanced examination experience.