IIT Bombay has released GATE 20201 notification on its web poral. How to Apply for GATE 2021, Submit Application Form at gate.iitb.ac.in & Registrations Start from September 14. GATE 2021 Registrations end on October 7, 2020.
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay will start the online registration process of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 from 14-09-2021.
All the interested, eligible candidates can apply for GATE 2021 on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitb.ac.in. The last date to apply for GATE 2021 is October 7, 2020. Further, the candidates can change the examination city, with an additional fee is November 13, 2020.
GATE 2021 Registrations – Details
|Name Of The Application||GATE 2021 Application Form (GATE 2021 Registrations)|
|Inviting Agency Name||IIT Bombay|
|Registrations Level||National Level|
|Full-Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Name Of The Department||Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India|
|Starting Date To Apply||14-09-2020|
|Closing Date To Apply||October 7, 2020|
|Category||Application Form (Registrations)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|For Admission Into||PG Courses|
Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Delhi has to be activated soon the link for GATE 2021 Registration. GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, 2021 would be conducted in the month of February. Interested and eligible candidates are required to apply online on the official website gate.iitd.ac.in.
The applications would be filled on the GOAPS or GATE Online Application Processing System. Candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin carefully before filling the online application.
Please remember that a candidate can choose only one subject in GATE examination. List of documents that candidates should have before they apply online.
IIT Bombay to conduct GATE 2021: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay will conduct the GATE 2021 examination on February 5 to 14, 2021. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in two shifts- from 9 am to 12 noon and 3 pm to 6 pm. The GATE 2020 will be conducted for 25 subjects.
Further, the GATE is basically an examination of the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
The GATE examination centers are spread in different cities across India, as well as, in six cities outside India. The examination would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT). How to Apply for GATE 20210 Registrations.
Important Instructions to the candidates:
Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate (or) the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study.
GATE 2021 scorecards will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before the name. Email ID and Mobile Number (Email ID and Mobile cannot be revised after the registration)
Following item required for filling the form:
1. GATE paper (subject)
2. Choice of GATE examination cities
3. Address for Communication (including PIN code)
4. Eligibility degree details
5. College name and address with PIN code
6. A high-quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 5KB and 200KB)
7. Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 5KB and 150KB)
8. Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate: Please upload any one of the following valid Documents (File size should between 10 KB and 500 KB, pdf format)
1. Degree certificate / Provisional passing certificate.
2. Course completion certificate.
3. Consolidated mark sheet / Final year mark sheet.
4. Those who have not completed undergraduate studies. Upload Eligibility certificate in the prescribed format is available in GATE 2019 Website.
5. Section A or B completion certificate from a professional society
9. Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
10.Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
11.Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
12.Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall).
List of documents required for GATE 2021 Registrations:
1. A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph. Please note, the photo should be
a. A match with your appearance on the day of the examination.
b. Passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of your face against a white or light background.
c. In COLOR and taken after 01 August 2019 in a professional studio. Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
d. In JPEG format (size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Megapixel) and minimum size of 240X320 pixels) and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5cm (Width × Height) print.
2. Good quality image of the candidate’s signature. For this, draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on an A4 white paper. Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box. The size of the signature (Height × Width) should be at least 70 to 80% of the box size. The maximum size of the JPEG file should be 160X560 pixels and a minimum size of 80X280 pixels.
3. Apart from these, candidates would also need Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute (in the format specified in Appendix A), Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format, Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format, and Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
GATE Score: The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. Note that the GATE 2021 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of the announcement of the results. How to Apply for GATE 2020 Registrations.
Educational qualification for GATE 2021
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ technology
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
Bachelor’s degree in four years program in science (BSc)
Master’s degree in any branch of science/ maths/statistics/computer applications
Four years integrated master’s degree in Engineering/Technology
Five years of integrated master’s degree or dual degree in engineering/ technology
Exam pattern for GATE 2021: The exam will be conducted on 24 subjects including Aerospace, engineering, architecture and planning, chemical engineering, biotechnology, etc. The exam will be computer-based multiple-choice questions.
Marking scheme of GATE: For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. There is no negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.
Exam date for GATE 2021: As per reports, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi will conduct the GATE 2020 examination on February 5 to 14, 2021. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in two shifts
How to Apply for GATE 2021
- Visit the official website gate.iitd.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the link which says ‘GATE 2020 tab’
- You will be directed to a new webpage
- Enter your valid email ID and mobile number for registration
- Log in with your enrollment ID and password
- Enter all the required details and upload photograph, signature, and complete the payment process
- Click on the submit button.
Application fee for GATE 2021 registrations:
- Unreserved: Rs 1,500
- Women: Rs 750
- SC/ST/PwD: Rs 750
- International: USD 50
GATE: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology.
The exam is conducted for admissions into post-graduate programs in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details