The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has released the information brochure for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 on its official website. Candidates can check the information brochure for GATE 2021 online at gate.iitb.ac.in.
Candidates who want to apply for the registration can visit the official site of IIT B on gate.iitb.ac.in.
All Test Papers of GATE 2021 will be entirely objective type. Patterns of questions may include (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and/or (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions according to official notice.
According to the brochure, the GATE 2021 computer-based examination will be conducted from February 5 to 14, 2021, at various centres spread across the country.
GATE Schedule 2021 Notification – Details
|Name Of The Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021|
|Conducting Agency Name||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Full-Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Name Of The Department||Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India|
|Starting Date To Apply||14-09-2020|
|Closing Date To Apply||30-09-2020|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Download Admit Cards||One week before conduct of the entrance examination|
|Exam Date||Dates to be announced later|
|Announcement of Results||One week after the examination|
|Counselling begins||One week after the result announcement|
|For Admission Into||PG Courses|
The examination will be held in two sessions, i.e forenoon from 9 am to 12 pm and afternoon from 3 pm to 6 pm. However, these are tentative in nature and may change depending upon the COVID-`19 situation.
The admit card for the GATE 2021 examination will be available to download from January 8, 2020.
The online registration process for GATE 2021 will begin on September 14, 2020, and will end on September 30, 2020. The results of the GATE 2021 examination is scheduled to be declared on March 22, 2021.
|GATE Online registrations||14 to 30-09-2020|
|GATE Admit Card||From 08-01-2021|
|GATE Exam Dates||05 to 14-02-2021|
This year two new subject papers are introduced. ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) in Economics / English / Linguistics / Philosophy / Psychology / Sociology. All Test Papers of GATE 2021 will be entirely objective type. The pattern of questions may include Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
GATE 2021 scorecard will remain valid for three years from the date of announcement of results. In the official notice, it has been said that the exam dates may change depending on the COVID19 situation. For more related details candidates can visit the official site of GATE IIT Bombay.
For more details, candidates are advised to read the GATE 2021 information brochure.
GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral). GATE 2021 Schedule, GATE eligibility, GATE Exam pattern, GATE Exam date, GATE Application Fee and more details are provided here.
GATE 2021 for Admissions to PG Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government Scholarships /Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science are open to those who qualify in GATE.
GATE examination is conducted for admission to postgraduate engineering courses in various IITs and NITs. The examination is conducted by one of the Regional IITs.
The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2021 score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
GATE 2021 will be conducted on 24 subjects including Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering among other subjects. A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2020. A candidate is allowed to appear in only one paper in any one session.
Over the years, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for various positions. Some of them are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI). Moreover, for Group A level posts in the Central government, that is, Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score.
GATE is administered jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 202q:
1. Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering /Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
2. Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
3. Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
4. Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
5. Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering /Technology and those who are in the second or higheryear of such programs.
6. Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
7. Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. / M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
8. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC / AICTE as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equival
Female candidates: Rs.750
SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs.750
All other candidates: Rs. 1500
During the Extended Period
Female candidates: Rs.1250
SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs.1250
All other candidates: Rs.2000
For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)
a.For Examination Centres in India
Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: US$ 50
Dubai and Singapore: US$ 100
b. During the Extended Period
Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: US$ 70
Dubai and Singapore: US$ 120
Application for GATE 2021 must be submitted ONLINE by paying necessary application fee. For GATE 2021, all information related to the application process will be available in the GOAPS website.
The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application.
Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application.
Please note that the GATE application form is not available for sale or otherwise anywhere.
How To Apply
How to Apply for GATE: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 online registration form has been released on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitd.ac.in. All the interested, eligible candidates can apply for GATE 2020 till October 1, -2020, and the last date to register without late fees is September 24, 2020. The candidates who haven’t registered yet can registration form from the official website. The admit cards for GATE 2020 would be released on January 3, 2020, and the examination would be conducted on February 1, 2, 8 and 9.
GATE 2021 Registration and How to apply?
- Log on to the official website of GATE 2020, gate.iitd.ac.in
- Click on ‘GATE Online Application Portal is live.
- Click here to Apply’
- Make your login account
- Log in using your enrollment id/email address and password
- Fill the application form
- Upload all the required documents and pay the fees
- Click on submit
Key Dates for GATE
- Opening date of application September 14, 2020.
- Closing date of application September 30, 2020.
- Submission of application form with late fees October 7, 2020.
- Editing facility for the submitted application forms November 13, 2020.
- Download of admit card January 8, 2021.
- Date of Exam February 5 to February 14, 2021
GATE Examination 2021:
- Forenoon: 9 AM to 12:00 Noon
- Afternoon: 3 PM to 6 PM
- 5th to 14th February 2021