GATE 2020 for PG Master’s, Doctoral Program Admissions , Registrations start from September 3: GATE 2020 admissions, Registrations start from September 3, GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral). GATE 2020 Schedule, GATE eligibility, GATE Exam pattern, GATE Exam date, GATE Application Fee and more details are provided here. GATE 2020 for Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships /Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2020 score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
IIT Delhi has released the first notification for GATE 2020 examination. GATE 2020 would be conducted on February 1, 2, 8 and 9. The online applications for GATE 2020 would begin from September 3. Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Delhi has released the notification for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2020. GATE 2020 schedule along with important dates and other information has been released by the institute on the official website gate.iitd.ac.in. Check complete schedule and other important information here. Online application for GATE 2020 would begin from September 3, -2020.
GATE examination is conducted for admission to postgraduate engineering courses in various IITs and NITs. The examination is conducted by one of the Regional IITs. IIT Delhi would be conducting the GATE 2020 examination on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020. The results would be released on March 16, 2020.
GATE 2020 will be conducted on 24 subjects including Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering among other subjects. A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2020. A candidate is allowed to appear in only one paper in any one session.
The GATE 2020 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results. Over the years, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for various positions. Some of them are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI). Moreover, for Group A level posts in the Central government, that is, Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score.
GATE is administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (namely, IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee).
Eligibility for GATE 2020:
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2020:
1. Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering /Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
2. Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
3. Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
4. Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
5. Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering /Technology and those who are in the second or higheryear of such programs.
6. Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higheryear of such programs.
7. Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. / M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
8. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC / AICTE as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equival
a. For Examination Centres in India On or Before: Ocotber 1. 2018
Female candidates: Rs.750
SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs.750
All other candidates: Rs. 1500
b. During the Extended Period
Female candidates: Rs.1250
SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs.1250
All other candidates: Rs.2000
For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)
a.For Examination Centres in India On or Before: October 1. 2018
Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: US$ 50
Dubai and Singapore: US$ 100
b. During the Extended Period
Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: US$ 70
Dubai and Singapore: US$ 120
Application for GATE 2020 must be submitted ONLINE (through GOAPS website, http://appsgate.iitm.ac.in) by paying necessary application fee. For GATE 2020, all information related to the application process will be available in the GOAPS website. The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application.
Please note that the GATE application form is not available for sale or otherwise anywhere.
How to Apply for GATE 2020:The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 online registration form has been released on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitd.ac.in. All the interested, eligible candidates can apply for GATE 2020 till October 1, -2020, and the last date to register without late fees is September 24, -2020. The candidates who haven’t registered yet can registration form from the official website. The admit cards for GATE 2020 would be released on January 3, 2020, and the examination would be conducted on February 1, 2, 8 and 9.
- GATE 2020 Registration and How to apply?
- Log on to the official website of GATE 2020, gate.iitd.ac.in
- Click on ‘GATE Online Application Portal is live. Step 3:Click here to Apply’
- Make your login account
- Log in using your enrollment id/email address and password
- Fill the application form
- Upload all the required documents and pay the fees
- Click on submit
GATE 2020 Important Dates
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: 3rd September -2020
Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website): 24th September -2020
Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website): 1st October -2020
Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable): 15th November -2020
Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing): 3rd January 2020
#GATE 2020 Examination:
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative:
1st February 2020
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal: 16th March 2020
GATE 2020 info at: http://gate.iitd.ac.in/index