The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur has released the information brochure for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) on its official website. Candidates can check the information brochure for GATE 2023 online. Candidates who want to apply for the registration can visit the official site of IIT on https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/.
All Test Papers of GATE will be entirely objective type. Patterns of questions may include (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and/or (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions according to official notice. According to the brochure, the GATE computer-based examination will be conducted from February 5, 6, 12 and 13, 2022, at various centres spread across the country.
GATE Latest Updates
The detailed information brochure along with new website for GATE would be introduced soon by IIT Kanpur Also, it is to be noted that the eligibility criteria for GATE examination have been expanded to include students having BDS and M. Pharm degrees. A total of 858,890 students are expected to appear for the exam this year. IIT Kanpur will soon release the online application for GATE Exam The exam would be held through computer based mode for a duration of 180 minutes. A total of 195 centres have been designated for the conduct of GATE examination.
GATE Schedule Details
|Name Of The Exam||GATE 2022|
|Title||Apply for GATE Exam 2021|
|Starting Date To Apply||30-08-2022|
|Closing Date To Apply||30-09-2022|
|For Admission Into||PG Courses|
|GATE Admission||CCMT Admission Counselling|
|GATE 2022 Website||https://www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|GATE 2023 website||https://gate.iitk.ac.in/|
|GATE Online registrations||30-08-2022 to 30-09-2022|
|GATE Admit Card||From 03-01-2023|
|GATE Exam Dates||04 to 12-02-2023|
The examination will be held in two sessions, i.e forenoon from 9 am to 12 pm and afternoon from 3 pm to 6 pm. However, these are tentative in nature and may change depending upon the COVID-19 situation. This year two new subject papers are introduced. ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) in Economics / English / Linguistics / Philosophy / Psychology / Sociology. All Test Papers of GATE Exam 2021 will be entirely objective type.
The pattern of questions may include Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. GATE Exam scorecard will remain valid for three years from the date of announcement of results. In the official notice, it has been said that the exam dates may change depending on the COVID19 situation. For more related details candidates can visit the official site of GATE IIT Bombay. For more details, candidates are advised to read the GATE Exam 2022 information brochure.
GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral). GATE Schedule, GATE eligibility, GATE Exam pattern, GATE Exam date, GATE Application Fee and more details are provided here. GATE Exam for Admissions to PG Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government Scholarships /Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science are open to those who qualify in GATE.
GATE examination is conducted for admission to postgraduate engineering courses in various IITs and NITs. The examination is conducted by one of the Regional IITs. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
GATE will be conducted on 24 subjects including Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering among other subjects. A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2020. A candidate is allowed to appear in only one paper in any one session.
Over the years, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for various positions. Some of them are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL),
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI). Moreover, for Group A level posts in the Central government, that is, Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score.
GATE is administered jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE: 1. Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering /Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such prog rams.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering /Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. / M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC / AICTE as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equival
- Female candidates: Rs.750
- SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs.750
- All other candidates: Rs. 1500
- During the Extended Period
- Female candidates: Rs.1250
- SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs.1250
- All other candidates: Rs.2000
- For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)
- a. For Examination Centres in India
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: US$ 50
- Dubai and Singapore: US$ 100
- b. During the Extended Period
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: US$ 70
- Dubai and Singapore: US$ 120
Application for GATE must be submitted ONLINE by paying necessary application fee. For GATE, all information related to the application process will be available in the GOAPS website. The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application.
Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application. Please note that the GATE application form is not available for sale or otherwise anywhere.
How To Apply
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) online registration form has been released on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitkgp.ac.in. All the interested, eligible candidates can apply for GATE.
- Log on to the official website of GATE
- Click on ‘GATE Online Application Portal is live.
- Click here to Apply’
- Make your login account
- Log in using your enrollment id/email address and password
- Fill the application form
- Upload all the required documents and pay the fees
- Click on submit