E- Payment module has been sent to all all District Treasuries. Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts department, Hyderabad has started implementation of electronic payments(E Payment System) in all District Treasuries during the month of March -2014 as per the Government Memo No.138/36/TFR/201 Dt.19-02-2014 of Finance(TFR) Department. Mainly, three stake holders are involved in the electronic payment scenario, namely, Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO) of all Govt Depts, Treasury department and banking authorities. The DDOs are prominently responsible for data entry issue in payment procedures in view of electronic payments. Therefore, the department has implemented the system for most of the payments in District Treasury within a span of 2 months.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Hyderabad has reviewed this issue during DTOs conference held on 28-06-2014 to as certain the status of implementation at grass root level, the operational issues, and the facilities to be provided to the DDOs to make it successful at Sub Treasury level also in the coming days. Based on the feedback provided by the DTOs, the following user guide is provided to disseminate the information regarding the procedure to be followed by the DDO in preparation of bills to facilitate them to key in the error free data to ensure smooth payments in the Treasury in electronic mode.
Step wise Bill Preparation Process for E Payments(Updated):
- DDOs can access the application through following URL http://treasury.ap.gov.in/ddoreq
- The DDOs have to login with their User ID and Password.
- Select “Benf Bank details” sub module under “Pay bills” Module.
Then “Welcome Screen” will be appeared.
Step 1: Beneficiary details entry:
The beneficiary details i.e., the bank account numbers and other details of all employees and DDO have to be updated in “ Benf Details entry” screen available in “Paybills” module of HRMS package.
Registering DDO current Account Number:
- The DDO code in the above screen will be automatically populated with your DDO Code.
- When you are entering first record, you have to feed IFSC code and bank account number of DDO current account in Treasury Bank IFSC code and DDO ACCNO fields respectively.
- There is no provision for deletion or editing of this number at DDO Level, once it is confirmed.
If there are any errors found at a later point of time, this should be brought to the notice of Treasury concerned with necessary proof (bank pass book copy) so that it will be intimated to DTA where the account number or IFSC code or both can be updated.
Employee bank details:
- For every employee, the details have to be fed by the DDO.
- Type employee code in the above screen. The name of employee will automatically be displayed.
- Type IFSC code of the bank branch in which the employee is maintaining bank account for receipt of his salary and other benefits should be provided in “IFSC code” field. Once the data is fed, the name of the bank branch will be displayed for cross verification.
- The MICR code will automatically be displayed in the “MICR code” field, if available in the database. Whenever it is not automatically filled, you may type text “MICR” in the field or if you know the MICR code of that branch, the same may be intimated to Treasury concerned so as to update the same in central database duly intimating it to DTA.
- The DDO has to enter the bank account number of that employee.
Third Party Bank details:
- In this case, no employee code is required. Skip this field.
- Type the party name clearly without any errors.
- Type IFSC code in “IFSC code” field. Name of the branch will be displayed for cross verification.
- MICR code will be displayed automatically. If it is not displayed, follow the steps prescribed in previous section.
- Enter the bank account number of third party and press “Submit” for confirmation.
Viewing the data completed:
- The DDO can view the list of beneficiaries using “LIST” button.
- A file with hyperlink name ddocode.txt will be displayed on the top of screen.
- The list will be displayed as above screen. In any case, if any number is found wrong after confirming the beneficiaries account numbers in the above screen, the account number can be deleted as follows:
Deletion or Modification of Account numbers
Case 1: Before the beneficiaries account number details are registered in bank portal by DTA:
- The DDO can delete the details of any beneficiary using the option “Benf Bank details delete” , if they are not registered in bank portal by DTA. The details of such beneficiary details will be available in the said screen as follows: Click here
- The DDO can delete any record (beneficiary details) by clicking in corresponding check box provided under delete column
Case 2: If the beneficiary beneficiaries account numbers details are already registered in bank portal by DTA:
- In this case, the above screen looks like this: Click here
- There are no records to delete in the above screen.
- In this case, the DDO has to approach respective Treasury office for deletion/modification of any beneficiary details of their office. The Treasury Officer will delete such beneficiary details in Treasury database (since they are already registered in bank portal by DTA), so that the DDO can add the correct details of such beneficiary again in HRMS package. (There is no provision for modification of details, except to delete and add.)
Step 2: Bill preparation/generation in DDO Request module:
no change to the existing process.
Step 3: TBR Number generation:
Same as existing process
Step 4: TBR-Beneficiary details entry:
For bills submitted in DDO Bill Submission Module(Other than regular Salary Bills)
- A sub module “TBR_Beneficiary details entry” is provided under “Paybills” module of HRMS package. 2. For every bill submitted to Treasury, the details of beneficiaries have to be provided for transmission of amount to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
- The DDO has to enter the TBR number in the above module as input. Then net amount of the bill will be displayed as in the following screen.
- Then DDO has to select the party/employee in the “party name” option.
- Then the amount related to the party/employee is to be entered in “AMOUNT” column. The DDO has to check the correctness of the amount fed and click on insert button for inclusion of the record in beneficiaries list for the claim.
- Then the screen look like the below. The entry can be deleted if it is wrong by clicking in check box at the end of this record.
- If the net amount is to be distributed among several employees/ beneficiaries, then the above process has to be repeated for each beneficiary. By adding records, the list will be displayed as shown below. Any record can be deleted by clicking in checkbox provided against each record until the list is confirmed by pressing “Submit” button.
- The user will get Submit button when the distribution of amount among the beneficiaries made by the DDO tallied with the net amount of the bill. At this stage, the DDO has to check the correctness of the beneficiary details and press “Submit” if all records are correct. If any record is wrong the same can be deleted as stated above and re enter the correct details and finally “Submit” the details.
For Bills Prepared and Submitted in HRMS Module:
- A sub module “TBR_Beneficiary details entry” is provided under “Paybills” module of HRMS package. The DDO has to enter the TBR number in the above module as input. Then the system displays all employee details on the screen. The DDO has to check the correctness of the details and submit them if every thing is correct.
- This completes the submission bill to the Treasury online using DDO claims module along with beneficiary details for transfer of amounts to the beneficiaries’ accounts directly from the Treasury
If a bill passed in Treasury and the amount is not credited to beneficiaries’ Account due to erroneous account: In such case, the details of such beneficiary have to be rectified with the procedure mentioned at Step 1, for permanent change in the database. Similarly, the Treasury Officer has to make the same change in the beneficiary data of that particular bill by obtaining the proof to ensure correctness details of beneficiary.
know the Status of a bill at Treasury Website:
- The DDOs can know the status of a bill using “Treasury bill details” sub module in “General Services” module of HRMS package.
- In the that screen, select district code, STO code and the token number. Now press “Submit” button.
Case 1 : In the above screen, the fist table indicates the bill passing status in Treasury. The second table indicates the status of transmission of funds. As seen from the second table, the payment status is “success”. That means, the payment is successful to the beneficiaries.
Case 2: In some cases, the payment status will be “Success” but the beneficiary may not get the amount into his account. This state specifically occur, if the beneficiary account belongs to other than SBI (NEFT transmissions), which is because of technical issues in bank. In this case, the fact should be intimated to Treasury with necessary evidence (proof like copy of passbook). The Treasury Officer shall bring it to the notice of DTA to reprocess the payment. If the same situation occur in case of SBI Accounts, the Treasury Officer shall re process the payment, duly making necessary checks.
Case 3: The status remains blank even after 3 to 4 days from the date on which the bill is sent to bank.
This is because the payment status is not received by DTA from bank. This should be brought to the notice of DTA through Treasury Officer concerned to update the status.
This status report is useful to the DDOs to intimate the payment details to the beneficiary whenever required. For instance, if the BSNL requests the DDO to furnish payment details, the details can be given to BSNL so that they can check the credit details in their passbook.
In view of the above detailed presentation, the Role of DDO in electronic payments in nut shell is as follows:
Role of DDO in e-payments
Data entry of beneficiary details (Employee / 3rd party)
Entry of beneficiary details (Bank Account Numbers)
Preparation of Pay Bill in HRMS package.
Generation of TBR using DDO claims module for pay bills/ other bills.
TBR – linked beneficiary details
Verification of beneficiary accounts
Thorough understanding of HRMS data entry requirements
Note: The department is not responsible for any delay or failure in transmission of funds to the beneficiaries’ accounts, if the DDOs do not follow the procedure prescribed in this manual. This procedure has been Prepared by E Payments team, Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts, Hyderabad.