IERTs JOB Chart & Duties and Responsibilities: The Resource Teacher shall perform duties with high integrity, be punctual in attending the Center and discharge his/ her duties to utmost satisfaction of the parents of the CwSN who approach the Center for services and his/ her services shall be result oriented. He or she shall not act perfunctorily in any manner while performing the job.
IERTs shall invariably reside at the Mandal headquarters and shall be reporting to the MEO every day before attending to their work In IERC/ Non-lERC Mandals. IERTs JOB Chart & Duties and Responsibilities. The working hours of IERTs are from 9.00 AM to 4.00 PM. The duties and responsibilities of the Inclusive Education Resource Teachers (IERTs) for the year 2015-16 are as Follows.
IERTs Duties and Responsibilities:
IERTs JOB Chart & Duties and Responsibilities
- The Resource Teacher shall work under the control of the Project Officer, District Project Office, Sarva Siksha Abhiyan and shall be reporting to the Mandal Education Officer of the Mandal allotted.
- The Resource Teacher shall invariably wear the valid Identity card Issued by Project Office while attending to duties.
- The Resource Teachers shall not share confidential information relating to the child or the child data or any Important Information relating to the project, with others without prior written permission of the SSA project officials.
- Resource Teacher shall perform the duties as per the Work-schedule communicated by the State Project Office. In case, if the Resource Teacher Is compelled to deviate the schedule due to unexpected reasons, he/ she should take prior permission from the District Project Office and shall inform to the MEO and parents of CwSN about such deviation.
- Resource Teacher shall avail his/her entitled leave with the prior permission of the MEO and Dist.IE Coordinator concerned. In the case of medical exigencies, he/she shall, Invariably, Inform superior officers about his/her medical leave along with the medical certificate. Such medical leave for a reasonable period will be granted by the OPO based on the need and merits of the case.
- The services of Resource Teacher shall be terminated immediately If he/she Is absent to duties continuously for seven (7) days without any written intimation to the officers concerned. The services of such IERT shall be replaced by another suitable candidate.
- The Resource Teacher’s services are dedicated to the activities of SSA during the period he/ she works with the project and, hence, he/she shall not work In any two places simultaneously or pursuing any regular course in any institute. In case, if any such practice by any Resource Teacher comes to the notice of the project stringent action will be initiated against such candidates as per rules including immediate termination of contract and recovery of money.
- The Resource Teacher shall return to the PO all such material received from SSA on a returnable basis, at the time of quitting the job.
- Resource Teacher bears the responsibility of identifying children with special needs, mobilization of children to the Special Trainings (NRSTC), assessment camps organized by SSA for formal and functional assessment, counseling the parents of CwSN, mobilization of educable CwSN to schools, Identifying extremely dependent children for sanction of escort allowance, mobilization of children for physiotherapy camps, mobilization of children to lERCs for ECE and other therapeutic Interventions, enumeration of CwSN who might need minor corrective surgeries, advocacy for Inclusive Education of CwSN and to assist the teacher In classroom management techniques of CwSN.
- The DPO shall ensure a minimum attendance of twenty(20) CwSn at each Resource Center, falling which, the IERTs concerned will be held responsible. If no improvement in the increase in the number of CwSn is found, the PO shall terminate the services of both the IERTs in that particular Mandal under intimation to the SPO.
- Resource teacher shall attend, among other training; the Multi-category training sponsored by the project and provides service to all categories of CwSN.
- Resource Teacher shall attend not less than four ( 4) mentally challenged children of the severe or profound conditions at their homes under the Home-Based Education program. The period of Home-Based Education is one year. RT shall commence the HBE program only after the CwSN names are enrolled In regular school.
- Such children shall always be eligible for all entitlements for which the in-school children are eligible including two pairs of school uniforms. During this period the child will be taught basic self-help and living skills and skills of communication among other individual-specific skills under close observation of the parent.
- The RT shall spend a minimum 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours with each child at home for each visit. Resource Teacher shall Invariably attend along with child-specific need-based low-cost no-cost Teaching Learning Material for use under HBE and spend time with the child at the child’s residence only and not elsewhere and necessarily in the presence of either of the parents or guardian of the child.
- For the purpose of the HBE program, the Resource Teacher shall identify fresh children with mental retardation of severe or profound condition only preferably at the age of 4·12 years.
- Resource Teacher shall mention the performed activity In the home level record at child’s home during every visit and put signature with date etc.
- Resource Teacher shall prepare the profiles of all the CwSN covered under HBE/ NRSTC/ IERC activities. A soft copy of the children’s profile shall be submitted to the Project Officer In the stipulated time l.e., 2om July 2015.
- The above-consolidated copies shall be furnished to the SPO by 31″ July 2015 by the District Project Officer/District IE Coordinator.
- The IERT shall orient the school teachers on effective Inclusive Education and special methodology of educating CwSN during the CRC meetings decided by the Project Officer.
- The IERTs shall record all the information such as demographic particulars, medical history, etc of the child In the standardized formats.
- The Resource Teacher shall prepare Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) for all CwSN who are getting IE services under SSA In the prescribed format provided by the SPO. The lERTs shall update the IEPs regularly and assess the goals set by them. The Resource Teacher is responsible For achieving the targets set In the IEP and shall endeavor for qualitative education and progress In daily living and academic skills in a set time frame.
- Resource Teachers shall invariably attend the monthly Review meetings on I” Saturday of every month along with their IEPs and following formats.
i. Work done Report.
II. Home-visit Report.
Iii. Prepared/ developed TLM in the previous month etc.
- If at any time the performance of the RT is found not satisfactory, his or her services will be terminated immediately without any prior notice.
- The Resource Teachers shall attend all such training offered/ sponsored by the SSA that are essential in the implementation of the center’s activities.
- The Resource Teachers shall provide appropriate remedial teaching support to the CwSN, referral support to the parents and all therapeutic services in the center for which he/ she is designated and shall also perform such other duties which may be entrusted by the SSA, from time to time.
- IE Resource Teachers who wish to present/submit their grievances, if any, they shall do so first at the level of District Project Officer concerned. If their grievances are not redressed at the DPO level and If they desire to represent their issues to the SPD they shall have to take permission from the DPOs concerned.
- The SPO shall not entertain the issues/problems of IERTs who visit the SPO without authorized leave and permission from the DPO. The unauthorized presence of any IERT at the SPO shall be viewed seriously by the State Project Director.
- The Resource Teacher shall act as a joint-custodian of the center and shall maintain all records including stock received.
- They shall provide counseling and guidance to CwSN and their parents on maintenance, care, and usage of distributed assistive devices.
- The IERTs shall maintain cordial relations with their colleagues at the Bhavitha/MRC and ensure the smooth functioning of the center.
- The RT shall also perform such other duties that may be entrusted by the SSA, from time to time, to further the cause of Inclusive Education for CwSN.
- The performance of the IERTs will be assessed on the basis of the given Indicators
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details