Indian Coast Guard Navik Posts Recruitment 2021 notification released on its website. Indian Coast Guard has given Navik (General Duty) posts recruitment notification. As per the official notification, the Indian coast guard is inviting applications from the male Indian nationals only.
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) plays a key role in preventing activities such as patrolling in the country’s maritime waters, smuggling of goods from other countries, drug trafficking and intrusion. They are responsible for the country’s Armed Forces, Search and Rescue and Maritime Law Enforcement Agencies.
Works in collaboration with the Indian Navy, Fisheries Department, Revenue Department (Customs), Central and State Police Forces. Do you have to fight as heroes for the defense of the country on the sea shores?
Therefore, it is an opportunity. The Armed Forces of the Ministry of Defense, Government of India has now issued a notification for the replacement of several posts. These will be replaced by naval (general duty), naval (domestic branch), mechanical names.
The registration process will begin from January 05, 2021. Candidates interested and eligible for the post can apply online at joinindiancoastguard.gov.in on or before January 19, 2021.
The recruitment drive is being conducted to fill 358 vacancies of Indian coast guard navik.
Educational Qualifications: Candidate must have passed class 10+2 with Maths and Physics from an education board recognised by Central/State Government with minimum 50% aggregate marks is eligible to apply for the Indian coast guard 2021 recruitment.
Age limit: Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. a candidate should be born between August 1, 1999, to July 31, 2003, (both dates inclusive). Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
However, 5% relaxation in minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports personnel of National level who have obtained Ist , IInd or IIIrd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Inter-state National Championship. For more information, candidates are advised to read the official notification here
Key Dates for Recruitment:
|Opening of online application||05.01.2021|
|Closing of online application||19.01.2021|
|Link for printing e-admit card||to be announced|
How to Apply: Indian Coast Guard has invited online applications for the recruitment of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post online. According to the official notification, Indian coast guard has invited applications from the male Indian nationals only.
Candidates can apply from 26 January to 02 February 2020. Candidates are to log on to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. Step by step online applying procedure provided below for India Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2020.
- log on to the official website -www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button on the home page
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Naviks (10+2 Entry) 02/2020 Batch.
- Select the post applied for – Navik General Duty.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill up the application form
- Upload the photograph and signature in and then click on the Submit button
- On successful submission of the online application, a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate.
- Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/reprint of e-admit card.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Posts Admit Cards: Applicants to take a print out of the e-admit card through URL https://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx
The important instructions for filling of online application:
- The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and Date of Birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and Centre of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- The application provides a choice of only One Centre for examination. The candidate is to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to login to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click opportunity button and proceed as given below:- (i) Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Naviks (10+2 Entry) 02/2020 Batch. (ii) Select the post applied for- Navik General Duty
The ‘Online’ applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of February – Mar 2021. The Selection procedure is as follows:- a. Written Test and b. Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, Basic Chemistry, Knowledge of English upto 12th standard, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT). PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT consists of:- (i) 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii) 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak). (iii) 10 Push up.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies.
How is the training and where?: Selected candidates will be trained at the Indian Naval Ship (INS), Chilka. Candidates for Naval (General Duty), Mechanical Posts will be available in August, Navik (Domestic Branch) in October. If the performance in the training is not satisfactory, it will be sent from the middle.
List of Documents:
Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior to the commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination Centre with the following documents:
- Three copies of pre-filled online e-admit card with the latest photograph affixed.
- Two copies of the application form.
- Original class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet. (12th class aggregate marks shall be calculated as best / highest five including Physics & Mathematics as mandatory subject).
- Candidates who are perusing higher education can submit self-attested photocopies of 12th class marks sheet and pass certificate.
- Original Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Original Caste (if applicable)/ Income certificate for EWSs (Economically Weaker Sections)
- Online application starting date: January 05, 2021
- Last Date to apply online: January 19, 2021
- Release Date of Admit Card: To Be Notified
- Last date to download Admit Card: To Be Notified
- Online Exam Date: February / March 2021
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details