Instructions for Development of Playgrounds, Government of India have issued guidelines for planning and execution of works for the financial year 2017-18 under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) with the list of permissible works. Under this program’ construction of playfields’ is an important work meant for the development of playgrounds in schools.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER OF SCHOOL EDUCATION ANDHRA PRADESH
Sub: School Education – Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme – Development of playfields across 3000 High Schools in Village Panchayats – Identification of schools with 2.00 acres of the playground – Instruction issued – Regarding.
Ref: Lr.No.SAAP/A&SS/Deputation/2016, dated:03-02-2016 of the VC & MD, SAAP
The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the reference cited and they are informed that Government of India has issued guidelines for planning and execution of works for the financial year 2017-18 under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) with the list of permissible works. Under this program’ construction of playfields’ is an important work meant for the development of playgrounds in schools.
The Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh has proposed to take-up 3000 schools during this financial year 2016-17 for the development of playfields duly tapping the funds under the Planning Fields Association of India. The School coordinators shall identify the schools for 2016-17 and 2017-18 where sufficient grounds are available for the development of playfields. Under this work improvement such as the provision of playfields for specific plays such as
~ KHO KHO,
~ VOLLEYBALL and
~ JAGGING TRACK
shall be taken up with a maximum estimate cost Rs. 5.00 lakhs.
They are, further, informed that there is an organization called Playing Field Association of India. The State has to form Andhra Pradesh Playing Field Association. In districts, the District Collectors will chair the Associations. In Mandals also Playing Field Associations have to be formed in each Mandal and the playfield in the Mandals will be looked after by the Mandal Sports Authorities.
The district-wise details of playfields to be identified are as follows:
In this connection, the District Educational Officers are requested to:
1. To identify the school grounds, with the help of the field officers, in their districts having minimum Ac.2.00 of land and accessible to the public and school children for maximum utilization of playfields.
2. The Schools shall be chosen preferably at Mandal Head Quarters.
3. One school/ playground shall be chosen from each Panchayat. Even after choosing one from each Panchayat, if there is a more need, then the Mandals, where the enrolment in schools and school-going children are high shall be chosen.
4. Provide the list of such schools/ playgrounds to the District Sports Development Officer and get the details registered with District Playing Field Association under District Collectors immediately for claiming the funds in time without fail.
5. Co-ordinate with the District Sports Development Officer and monitor the development of playfields closely.
6. Ensure that the playfields where there is a possibility of waterlogging during the rainy season are raised and developed.
7. Utilize the services of State Sports co-ordinator and his team in the identification of playfields and development.
8. The feedback on the implementation of the programme shall be shared with the DSDOs and the commissioner of School Education from time to time.
9. Bio fencing in coordination with Forest Department may be ensured where there is no compound wall.
Further, a format for identification of land for development of playfields through Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme is provided for the identification of playfields and submission of information to the DSDOs.
The Regional Joint Directors of School Education are requested to closely monitor the implementation of the scheme. The whole exercise of identifying, uploading of the list of schools with all details should be completed by 28-02-2017.