Instructions on Swine Flu, TREI Secretary, Hyderabad has issued instructions on Students’ Health Care to the Principals/ Special Officers of all the Telangana Residential Educational Institutions and KGBVs in the State for Spreading of certain viral deceases.
In this subject certain guidelines have been issued for Preventive and Precautionary measures to be taken in the institutions.
The Principals/ Special Officers of all TRE Institutions and KGBVs are aware of Spreading of the Swine Flu (H1N1 flu) /viral fevers etc. The Government and Medical officers are alerting the public on the spreading of the viral deceases and advising the public to take preventive measures.
This is the virus, which spreads in the areas with more crowd. As schools are vulnerable to this virus, the Principals/Special officers and teachers should be vigilant on this and educate the students to take preventive measures that are to be strictly followed in our schools and colleges.
Suggestive Measures for Prevent the Swine Flu (H1N1 flu),
Instructions on Swine Flu
Following are the suggestive measures to be taken to prevent the flu.
- Keep the campus as well as water tanks always clean. Maintain strict vigilance on the cleanliness of food served in dining halls and the campus etc.,
- Staff Nurse/ANM should be sent to nearest PHC to acquire the necessary information on the prevention of flu and to educate the students and staff.
- Students should be educated to stay away from crowds if possible.
- Students should be educated to contain coughs and sneezes. They should cover mouth and nose when they sneeze or cough. To avoid contaminating hands, cough or sneeze into a handkerchief or the inner crook of elbow.
- Students should be educated to Wash hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water. Flu viruses can survive for two hours or longer on surfaces, such as doorknobs and countertops.
- Student with flu symptoms should be admitted in the nearest hospital immediately.
- Students diagnosed with the flu may be sent home for treatment by informing the parents
- The Inspecting Officers are requested to inspect the schools frequently and submit their reports to the Secretary in this regard.
Care should be taken to prevent the spread of any infection in all Residential Schools /KGBVs. They are also informed that the Principal/Special Officer/ Staff Nurse/PET/PD/ House Master shall be held responsible, if any untoward incident happened in their institution.
Any lapse/negligence in attending to the sick students will be viewed seriously and disciplinary action will be initiated against them.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details