JEST 2022, Apply Online for Joint Entrance Screening Test (Phd Admissions): Science & Engineering Research Board has released the official notification regarding the JEST exam 2022. JEST is considered as a National Eligibility Test (NET).
The applicants who are willing to take admission in PhD / Integrated PhD Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the participating institutes may appear for the JEST at one of the exam centres.
The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) is the leading advanced research institute in India. It is a focal point for research with world-class facilities. A great platform for aspiring students to begin their research as scientists.
|Name of the Test||Joint Entrance Screening Test 2022|
|Title||Complete the JEST Registration 2022|
|Subject||TIFR has enabled the JEST Online Application 2022|
As part of this, the National Center for Radio Astrophysics – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR) conducts the National Level Examination Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for admission into various educational institutions.
JEST is being Conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERT etc.)
Admission into PhD, Integrated PhD (Physics), Theoretical, Computer Science, Neuroscience, Computational Biology can be obtained by passing the Just.
Students who wrote the final year exams this year are also just eligible. The rules are different in each college depending on the course and eligibility
JEST 2022: Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) have released the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) Exam Dates. The dates were announced on the official website i.e. serb.gov.in.
Candidates can visit the website to check the notification. The JEST 2021 Exam will be held on 11 April, 2021, for admission to PhD / Integrated PhD Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology.
Eligibility criteria for JEST 2022:
Required educational qualification:
- Ph D (Physics): The candidates need to possess master’s degree in Physics.
- Ph D (Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc): The candidates should hold a master’s degree in Science/ Engineering or Technology in Computer Science and related streams.
- Ph D (Neuroscience at NBRC): The candidates should have a master’s degree in Physics or Mathematics, apart from it, bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Ph D (Computational Biology at IMSc): The candidate should possess a postgraduate degree in Science/ Engineering/ Technology/ Computer Application or Science.
- BSc (Physics/Mathematics): For National Institute of Science Education and Research, candidates should possess bachelor’s degree in Physics/ Engineering or Technology in Engineering Physics with 60 per cent marks and above
- Integrated MSc/ MTech – PhD (Physics): For Indian Institute of Astrophysics, candidates should possess bachelor’s degree in Physics/ Mathematics/ Engineering/ Technology.
- JEST Application Process Begins: December 18, 2021.
- JEST Application Process Ends: 15 January 2022.
- JEST Admit Card Release: 01 March, 2022.
- JEST Exam Date: March 13, 2022.
- JEST Result Declaration: April 2022.
As per the official notification, the candidate has to pay a required fee.
General Category Male Candidates: Rs 400
General Category Female Candidates: Rs. 200
SC / ST Category Male Candidates: Rs. 200
SC / ST Category Female Candidates: Complete fee waiver
JEST Admission 2022:
Candidates who are seeking admission into a PhD/ Integrated PhD Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology can now fill in the JEST, Joint Entrance Screening Test Online application form. The last date to apply for JEST PhD/Integrated PhD admission 2021-22 is February 14. Candidates can fill the application form online. The exam will be conducted on April 11.
The official schedule for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2021 has been released on the official website. According to the schedule, the online application process will begin as per the schedule. Candidates can apply online at jest.org.in. JEST 2022 will be held on March 13, 2022.. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai is the organising institution for JEST 2022.
How to apply for JEST Admission 2022
- Visit the official website of JEST, https://www.jest.org.in/
- Click on Register/login or apply
- Enter your email ID and entering the ‘security captcha’.
- After the submission of the form, candidates will be directed to the fee
- Pay the fee in online mode only
The application fee of JEST PhD/Integrated Ph. D programmes for applicants from various categories
Applicants who expect to complete their final examinations by August 2021 are also eligible to appear for the JEST 2021 exam. The syllabus of Physics and the sample papers for JEST 2021 are available on the official website of JEST.
Admit cards: The admit cards will be available at the JEST webpage tentatively after 01 April, 2021. Candidates are advised to get their admit card along with photo ID verification. Admit cards will NOT be sent by post/email. Bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card and one of your photo-ids to the examination center.
Science and Engineering Research Board is a statutory body under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, established by an Act of the Parliament of India in 2009.
Frequently Asked Questions on JEST
What is JEST?
JEST is a screening test for admission to PhD and Int. PhD programme of different participating institutes in physics and theoretical computer science / neuroscience.
Who can apply for JEST?
Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) at one of the Exam Centers.