The Commissioner, School Education and Ex-officio State Project Director, Samagra Shiksha, Telangana has given instructions on Self Defense and Martial Arts Training to the Girl Students in TS Schools. Self Defense Training to Girls Activity would be conducted in Telangana Schools during 2019-2020 under Gender and Equity. The Training in Martial Arts Programme like kung fu, karate, judo etc., through qualified trainers in coordination with District Sports Development Authority in the schools as per guidelines.
As Per the Proceedings Of The Commissioner, School Education & Ex-officio State Project Director, Samagra Shiksha, Telangana (The Proceedings No.588. Date: 30-11-2019). An amount released to Schools for conducting ‘Self Defense and Martial Arts Training’ Program during 2019-2020 under Gender & Equity
An amount of Rs.138.96 Lakhs (Rupees One Crore Thirty Eight Lakhs Ninety Six Thousand only) has been sanctioned to the School Management Committees of 1544 Schools a Rs.9000/- each as shown in the Annexure I & II towards ‘Self Defense and Martial Arts Training’ to the Girls for a period of three (3) months during December, 2019 to February, 2020.
|Category||No. of Schools||Unit Cost per|
|Upper Primary Schools (Govt. & Local body) as per Annexure-I||31||Rs.9000/-||2,79,000/-|
|Secondary Schools with enrollment 100 and above (Govt. & Local body)||1513||Rs.9000/-||1,36,17,000/-|
The Headmasters of the respective Schools to provide self defense training to girls (Training in Martial Arts like kung fu, karate, judo) through qualified trainers in coordination with District Sports Development Authority in the respective schools duly following the under mentioned guidelines.
Guidelines for implementation of the Martial Arts Training:
a. The training has to be imparted for 3 months from December, 2019 to February, 2020.
b. Every week, two (2) classes in the afternoon session are to be arranged, each class with 1 hour duration.
c. The trainer must have proper certification from National Institute of Sports in Martial Arts/University Certificate in Judo and should have one year experience in Martial Arts training in Government Institutions.
d. The trainer has to be paid Rs.3000/- per month by the H M.
e. At the end of training, demonstration by the girls has to be arranged.
The Finance Controller of this office is hereby authorized to draw the amount and transfer the amount to 1544 Schools as shown in the Annexure I & II by directly crediting into the respective SMC Accounts. The expenditure is debited to the activity “Self Defence” under -Gender & Equity”.
a) SC Component: Rs. 33,35,040/-
b) ST Component: Rs. 19,45,440/-
c) General: Rs. 86,15,520/-
Martial Arts Training to the Girl Students:
Martial Arts Training to the Girls Students in TS Girls High Schools and Co-education High schools. School wise amount sanctioned with certain instructions and Guidelines have been issued for implementation of the Martial Arts Training
Guidelines to impart Martial Arts training to Girls students:
As Per the Previous Proceeding Rc.No.133 in 2017, Conducting 3 months Martial Arts training programme to the Girls in High Schools in the State. The PETs/ PDs working in Government High Schools, Govt. Girls High Schools, KGBVs, Model Schools who were already trained in Martial Arts training should impart the training to the Girls students studying in IX and X classes duly following the guidelines
An amount of Rs. 3000/- per month for 03 Months to Trainer / Instructor in High Schools.
1. The activity should be planned to take up for 3 months in all working days focusing on self defense skills.
2. In the schools where PETs/PDs/Part Time Instructors (PTl) (Physical Education) are not working ..
3. The SMDC will take responsibility to Identify District Agencies / Martial Arts Association / Trained Instructor in Self Defence who can impart training or to engage Instructors / Masters on part time basis from the Locality he/she will be paid an honorarium of Rs. 9000/- for entire course of 03 months @ Rs.3000/- per month and also take responsibility in monitoring the attendance and payment of honorarium to Trainer / Instructors.
3. Classes should be conducted in PET /Games period.
4. Competitions should be conducted every week or monthly within the school, inter schools and Mandal level.
5. The Headmaster will send fortnight reports and photos of the Martial Arts · training programme to the District Educational Officers and the Slate RMSA Office and C & DSE whatsAop group. All Girls students of IX & X in Govt Girls High Schools.
The PETs/PDs to train the Girls students as per the above Guidelines for implementation Martial Arts training programme.
The Head Masters to engage the Trainees /Instructor as per the Guidance issued and follow the guidelines scrupulously and report compliance to the under signed & Director of School Education & Ex-Officio Project Director, Telangana Hyderabad and they are also instructed to submit the Fortnight reports and Photos of the Martial Arts Training Programme to office and Director of School Education & Ex-Officio Project Director RMSA, Telangana Hyderabad.