MDM Scheme implementation guidelines. Mid Day Meal Scheme Certain Instructions, National Programme of Mid Day Meal Certain Instructions, A
Video Conference was conducted by Dr. G. Vani Mohan on 19.07.2013 with RJDSEs and DEOs and the following instructions were given to effective implementation of MDM Scheme in all schools.
The Egg has to be supplied thrice in a week to all students under MDM Scheme | MDM SMS Based Monitoring System/MDM Monitoring through SMS(ARMS) in TS Schools | MDM Scheme Cooking cost New Rates for AP, TS Schools | TS Schools MDM Online data updation, Day wise MDM Data Online entry | MDM SMS Based Monitoring System/MDM Monitoring through SMS(ARMS) in TS Schools details are given here
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER, SCHOOL EDUCATION
SUB:- SE DEPARTMENT – MID DAY MEAL SCHEME Instructions on implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme Maintenance of Hygienic Conditions in preparation of Mid Day Meals – Reg.
REF:- This Office Proceedings Rc.No. 265/MDM/2019, D 10062019 & 20062019
The Personal attention of all the District Educational Officers and Mandal Educational Officers is invited to the reference read above, where in guidelines are issued on implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme and instructed to follow without any deviation.
Further, all the District Educational Officers and Mandal Educational Officers in the State are hereby instructed to issue the following instructions also on implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme to all the Head Masters of the schools.
1) Keep the MDM rice and provisions in the Kitchen-cum-Stores or a room specified for it in a hygienic condition
2) Mid Day Meal should be prepared in a clean place.
3) Always maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the school premises especially at the place of MDM cooking and place of serving MDM
4) Provide soap water or hand wash liquid for hand wash to the students before and after taking Mid Day Meals.
5) Take all safe and secure measures for storage of Rice. ingredients and for preparation and serving of Mid Day Meal.
6) Not to use untidy room to keep rice and ingredients eat.. with a contention that those rooms are not using for any other purpose
7) Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) on MDM should be followed
8) To sce that the Cook-cum-Helpers shall wear head cap. hand glouses and aprons at the time of preparation of MDM and serving to the students.
9) To instruct the ead Masters to bring awareness among the Cook-cum-lelpcrs on personal hygiene and free from contamination of food and water. Test the water using for cooking, drinking and hand wash frequently under microscope wherever available.
These instructions should be followed scrupulously.
The Midday Meal scheme aims to enhance enrollment, retention, attendance among the children studying in classes I-VIII of Govt., and Govt. – aided schools while simultaneously improving their nutritional levels.
MDM Implementation Instructions
C and DSE Telangana
SUB:- SE DEPARTMENT-MID DAY MEAL SCHEME-Implementation of Mid Day
Meal Scheme – Certain instructions issued- Reg.
All the District Educational Officers in the State are hereby informed that the MHRD, Government of India, New Delhi is going to review the implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme in the next week of this month.
Therefore, they are requested
(1) To issue instructions to all the Manda I Educational Officers to complete the MTS Data entry in www.trgmdm.nic.in portal up to August 2017 by10.09.2017.
(2) To issue instructions to all the Mandal Educational Officers to see that the SMS should be sent by all the Head Masters and shall ensure daily SMS in 100% schools.
(3) To claim and make payments of MOM (cooking cost and Honorarium to CCH) up to August2017, by 12.09.2017.
(4) To conduct District Level Monitoring Committee meetings headed by District Collector every month and submit the copies of minutes of meetings.
(5) To conduct the Vigilance and Monitoring Committee meetings under the Chairmanship of Senior most Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha and submit tire copies of minutes of meetings.
(6) To conduct District Level and Manda! Level Monitoring Committee meetings regularly and submit the copies of minutes of meetings.
Top Priority should be given to this item of work.
(a) State Level:
Commissioner & Director of School Education will be the Nodal Officer for implementing the Programme. There will be State Level Mid day Meal Implementation and Monitoring Committee under the Chairmanship of the Minister for School Education with the following members:
|1.||Chief Secretary to Government||: Chairperson|
|2.||Secretary to Government, Finance Department||: Member|
|3.||Secretary to Government, School Education Dept.,||: Member|
|4.||Secretary to Government, Civil Supplies Department||: Member|
|5.||Secretary to Government, Medical &Health Dept.,||: Member|
|6.||Secretary to Government, Social Welfare Department||: Member|
|7.||Secretary to Government, Women & Child Welfare Dept.,||: Member|
|8.||Secretary to Government, Tribal Welfare Department||: Member|
|9.||Commissioner, Civil Supplies Department||: Member|
|10.||Regional Manager, FCI||: Member|
|11.||Chariman & MD,State Civil Supplies Corp.,Ltd|
|12.||Managing Director, TEWIDC (for civil works)||: Member|
|13.||Secretary, TREIS||: Member|
|14.||Secretary, TSWEIS||: Member|
|15.||Secretary, TTWREIS||: Member|
|16.||State Project Officer, SSA, Telangana, Hyd.||: Member|
|17.||Commissioner, Treasuries.||: Member|
|18.||Commissioner & Director of School Education||: Member Convenor|
|19.||Public Representatives||: Member|
|20.||Nodal Officer of Monitoring Institute||: Member|
CONSTITUTION OF COMMITTEES FOR MONITORING AND SUPERVISION:
The Committee shall meet once in a quarter and review the implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme in the State.
District Collector will be the Nodal Officer for implementing the Programme. The District level implementation Committee will consist of the following:
District Collector – Chairman
Joint Collector – Vice Chairman
Project Director – DRDA – Member
Municipal Commissioners – Members
Project Officer, I.T.D.A., – Member (in Agency districts)
District Supplies Officer – Member
District Manager, Civil Supplies Corporation – Member
DD – Social welfare – Member DTWO – Member B.C., Welfare Officer – Member Addl. Project Coordinator, DPEP – Member Project Director, Velugu Project – Member
Dist. Educational Officer – Member Convenor
(d) Mandal Level:
There shall be a Mandal Level implementation Committee as given below:
Mandal Revenue Officer – Chairman
Mandal Parishad Development Officer – Member
Mandal Resource Persons – Member
Deputy Tahsildar, Civil Supplies – Member
MEO – Member Convenor
The Committee shall meet fortnightly and review the implementation of the programme in the Mandal.
C and DSE Telangana – Rc.No.265/MDM/2017 Dated:26.07.2017
Sub:- MDM – Implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme – Certain instructions issued – Reg.
All the District Educational Officers I Manda[ Educational Officers in the State are hereby informed that the MHRD, Government of India, New Delhi has hosted New Districts and New Mandals in the trgmdm. nic. in portal. Therefore, they are requested to check all the particulars of their district I Mandal thoroughly and correct the discrepancies if any found.
Further, they are hereby instructed to attend the following items pertaining to Mid DayMeal Scheme on TOP PRIORITY basis.
1) Complete the Data entry in MDM -MIS portal up to June, 2017 by 28.07.2017 without fail.
2) Complete the Data Entry in C&DSE Portal up to June, 2017 by 28.07.2017 without fail.
3) Submit the Quarterly Progress Reports (QPR) for the Quarter ending June,2017 on or before 31.07.2017.
4) Pay personal attention in sending daily MDM data by way of SMS from 100%schools.
C and DSE Telangana – Rc.No.265/MDM/2017; Dated: 26.07.2017
Sub:- MDM – Implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme – Certain instructions issued – Reg.
Ref:- D.O.Lr.No. 653/CW/17, dated: 13.07.2017 of Sri. Paturi Sudhakar Reddy, Govt.
Chief Whip, Telangna Legislative Council.
It has been brought to the notice of the undersigned that in certain schools the Head Masters concerned are taking MDM information day wise by showing caste discrimination and counting no. of students present community wise in his class room. Therefore, all the District Educational Officers and· Mandal Educational Officers informed that to issue necessary instructions to all the Head Masters to submit the MDM information caste-wise to claim bills based on the information available in the attendance registers and not to show any caste discrimination in the schools. Further, they are informed that to clear all the MDM payments in the first week of succeeding month without fail.
C and DSE Telangana – Rc.No.265/MDM/2015 Dated:13.07.2017
SUB: SE DEPARTMENT- MID DAY MEAL SCHEME – Implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme – Certain instructions issued- Reg.
All the District Collectors I District Educational Officers in the State are hereby informed that the Mid Day Meal Scheme is being implemented in all the schools of Govt/Local Body/ Aided/ Model Schools/ NCLP/ Madarsas for the students studying in classes I to X in the State. As per the orders of the Government the egg has to be supplied thrice in a week to all the students under Mid Day Meal Scheme. It has brought to the notice of the undersigned that in certain schools the egg is not being supplied thrice in a week and also the menu is not being implemented. Therefore, they are requested to see that the following menu should be implemented in all the schools under Mid Day Meal Scheme.
MDM Menu 2017-2018
Monday: Egg & Sambar
Wednesday: Dal and Vegetables, Egg
Friday: Vegetables, Egg
Saturday: Dal with vegetables
Further they are hereby informed to take necessary steps for supply of eggs thrice in a week in co-ordination with National Egg Co-ordination Committee (NECC) so that the main object of the Mid Day Meal Scheme shall be fulfilled in supply of nutritious food to the students. The District Purchase Committee shall fix the rates for supply of Eggs in the District within budget provision. They may contact the following Business Manager of NECC in this regard.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE DISTRICT EDUCATIONAL OFFICER, MAHABUBABAD
Rc. No. SPL/MDM/B3/2017, Date :13 .02.2017
Subject: School Education – Mid Day Meal Programme – Certain Instructions issued on implementation of MDM – Reg.
Ref: 1. Proceedings of the Director of School Education,Ts,Hyderabad Rc.No 643/MDM/2016,Dt.03/02/2017.
All the Headmasters of PS/UPS/High Schools Under all Managements where MDM is serving and all the Mandal Educational Officers in the District are here by informed that in the reference cited, The Director of School Education,TS,Hyderabad has informed that “There is an urgent need at Government level to sensitize the school teachers and the assisting staff to be vigilant and more careful while dealing with young children who require extra care and protection. There is a need to fix responsibility of teachers or the staff to control and manage the situation while the food is served to the children in the school”.
In this context the following instructions are issued to all the Headmasters of PS/UPS/High Schools Under all Managements where MDM is serving and all the Mandal Educational Officers in the District on implementation of Mid Day Meals Programme and adhere the instructions scrupulously.
- The Headmasters and Teachers/cooking agencies should sensitized in dealing with young children.
- Order priority shall be given while serving MDM from lower classes to higher classes and order and discipline shall be maintained.
- More vigilant during the process of preparation of food, and serve hot food in Hygienic atmosphere and also take all precautions to prevent occurrence of any untoward incident.
- Impart training to the Implementing agencies and cook cum helpers at Mandal level on the Following:
a)knowledge dissemination regarding the calorific and nutritive values of Mid Day Meal.
b)Methods of cooking for retaining the nutritive value of cooking ingredients
c)Awareness regarding issues of malnutrition and also benchmark of nutrition.
d)Importance of Hand washing.
e)general health and Hygienic practices and concerns.
- to ensure that the kitchen sheds and cooking areas are away from classrooms.
- One day orientation should be conducted at Mandal Level to all the Headmastres and demonstration to all cooks in the Mandal by the Mandal Resource Persons.
- There should be a raised platform / table to keep the food containers away from serving area and cook cum helper should be made custodian of food containers during serving of MDM
- The Headmasters and Teachers / cooking agencies should be sensitized to be vigilant and more careful in dealing with young children.
- MDM should be served on priority basis from lower classes to Higher Classes.
- The Headmasters and teachers shall take all necessary steps to avoid students to stand in queue for fletching Mid Day Meals.
- All the teachers should be present at the time of serving MDM to the children and the children should be made groups class wise and class teacher shall ensure that the MDM is served in a systematic way.
- The teachers have to keep the gap between two classes to avoid crowd at the time of serving MDM.
- The students have to take Mid day Meals by sitting in the rooms or verandas in the school under the supervision of the class teacher.
- The Headmaster and Teachers should maintain order and discipline at time of serving Mid Day Meal.
- The Headmasters to be vigilant during the process of preparation of food, and serve hot food in hygienic atmosphere and also take all precautions to prevent occurrence of any untoward incident.
- Impart training to implementing agencies and cook cum helpers at Mandal level on cooking procedures to maintain quality, food safety and hygiene.
- In case of any incident after taking MDM such as vomiting, food poisoning etc., Medical assistance from local PHC and emergency services of 108 shall be taken to provide timely treatment.
- Any negligence on part of cooking Agency/failure to monitor MDM by the Teachers /Headmasters, shall be viewed seriously and action will be taken against the Concerned.
The MEO’s are requested to inform the instructions to all the Headmasters of PS/UPS/High Schools Under all Managements where MDM is serving.
The receipt of these proceedings shall be acknowledged forthwith.
READ | MDM Scheme Cooking cost New Rates for AP, TS Schools
MDM Scheme Effective Implementation Guidelines:
1. The District-level Steering cum
Monitoring Committee meetings should be held every month under the chairmanship of District Collector as per
instructions issued in G.O.Ms.No. 21,
Edn. (SE-Prog.I) Dept., dated:10/03/2011 and review the scheme which is not being done regularly and minutes are to
be submitted to this office. The Village Organisation
/ parent teacher meetings should also be held regularly and MDM scheme should be reviewed critically to
ensure that hygienic and nutritious food is served to the School Children.
2. For effective implementation of the
scheme, each mandal should be divided into three parts and school in each part should be inspected by Mandal
Educational Officer, Mandal
Development Officer and EORD. They should take responsibility of
inspecting 15 to 20 schools in their jurisdictions with overall
responsibility lying with Mandal Educational
Officer. The DEO / Dy.E.O / M.E.O must make
surprise visit every day of two
schools for inspecting MDM.
- The Mandal Development Officer, Mandal
Educational Officer and EORD should visit compulsorily
two schools daily and see that the MDM is being implemented properly.
- The inspecting/visiting officer should
compulsorily taste the food being served to the children under MDM scheme and also every Headmaster/Teacher
in charge of MDM of the school
concerned must taste the food served under Mid Day Meals prior to serving the children and ensure that the hot cooked
meal is served to the children.
- The food grains being supplied under MDM
scheme should be of Fair Average Quality rice
and they should be properly stored and utilized on First In First Out basis.
are to be delivered at school point invariably.
- Old stock of foodgrains are not to be
utilized and to be returned back if not of the required quality.
- The ingredients being used for cooking
purpose should be properly stored in containers and only
Iodised salt / double fortified salt, fresh oil to be used.
- Fresh pulses and other ingredients are
to be utilized as per the GOI norms.The MDM menu shall be displayed in the School premises in a prominent visible place.
READ | TS Schools MDM Online data updation, Day wise MDM Data Online entry
- In the districts where NGOs are serving
MDM, such NGOs are to be instructed that the MDM should be of
good quality & prepared in hygienic condition and to reach the school in time and served hot. SHG groups / implementing agencies (CCH’s) shall cook MDM in the school premises only. They are not permitted to cook MDM at out side / in their houses. If any deviation, in this the HM of the school and MEO concerned are personally responsible.
- Over head tanks must be cleaned
frequently, using bleaching powder.
- Good Sanitation and Cleanliness has to be
maintained in the premises of the school and also
at the place where food is being cooked, ensuring there is no stagnant water.
- Cooking and serving utensils should be
properly cleaned after use and dried everyday before and
- Only fresh vegetables are to be used and
vegetables are to be washed properly before cutting in
salt water and cut on a mat or mattress.
- The firewood to be used to cook food
should be stored in a place where there is no dampness.
- The cook cum helpers must ensure utmost
- First aid kit with proper medicines should
be maintained in school.
- Ensure that children wash their hands with
soap before and after eating.
- Proper sanitation facilities are also to
be provided for the children.
- The attendance registers in the schools
are to be cross verified with the food grains lifted and daily utilization by the inspecting officer. The MDM registers and regular attendance registers in schools are also to be checked
during visit / inspection by inspecting officers duly
verifying regular attendance and Mid Day Meals taken attendance registers.
- The District Educational Officer/Mandal
Educational Officer will be held personally responsible
for the untoward incidents and action will be initiated against them and also on the implementing cooking agency for any
- RJDSEs should visit concerned district
fortnightly and report irregularities if any in his findings.
READ | MDM SMS Based Monitoring System/MDM Monitoring through SMS(ARMS) in TS Schools
budget for construction of kitchen sheds under MDM scheme has already been released to all the districts (except
Hyderabad). But no significant progress
in the construction of kitchen sheds
under Mid Day Meal Scheme is noticed.
The construction of
kitchen sheds should be completed (100%) by 15th August, 2014 where works are already started and where works
are yet to be started the same should be started and completed by 31st August, 2014.
- Proforma for Dy. EOs, MEOs, MDOs and Consolidated proforma for DEOs and RJDSEs (to be submitted fortnightly to MDM
Monitoring Cell) herewith enclosed.
- The District Educational Officers will be
personally held responsible for irregularities, lapses,
untoward incidents happen, if any.
records are to be maintained at School/Cooking Agency level:
Register for MDM opted children.
Mid Day Meal
Consolidated Monthly register.
records are maintained at Mandal Offices:
MDM monthly data
Implementation of MDM Instructions: Get File
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details