Mission Everest – A.P Youth on the Top of the World Scheme Guidelines, eligibility, selection criteria, medical fitness, Application procedure and documents to be submitted, youth welfare schemes/programs. The main aim of this mission is to ignite the spirit of adventure and exploration in young minds: G.O.RT.No. 300 Dated: 28-10-2016- GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH- Sports & Youth Services – Scheme guidelines for “Mission Everest –A.P. Youth on the Top of the World” – Orders – Issued.
YOUTH ADVANCEMENT TOURISM & CULT URE (Sps. & YS) DEPARTMENT
Read: Lr. No.437-B/YS/2016, dt.20.10.2016, of Special Commissioner of Youth Services, Secunderabad.
In the reference read above, the Special Commissioner of Youth Services has proposed to conduct various youth welfare schemes/programmes during the current financial year i.e., 2016-17. Among the programs, sending of A.P. contingent to Mount Everest is one of them. Special Commissioner of Youth Services, has submitted the draft scheme guidelines on ”Mission Everest – A.P. Youth on the Top of the World” and requested to approve the same for taking necessary action in the matter.
2. Government, after careful examination of the proposal, hereby approve the scheme guidelines for “Mission Everest – A.P. Youth on the Top of the World” furnished by Special Commissioner of Youth Services, subject to meet the expenditure within the budget provision under the heads of account.
“2204-Sports & Youth Services
GH-11- State Development Plan
SH(06)- Youth Welfare Schemes
500/503 – Other Expenditure;
“2204- Sports & Youth Services
MH-796- Tribal Areas Sub-plan
GH-11 State Development Plan,
SH(05) Youth Welfare Schemes,
500/503- Other Expenditure;
“2204-Sports & Youth Services,
MH-789- Special Component Plan for SC,
GH-11- State Development Plan,
SH(04) – Youth Welfare Schemes,
500/503 – Other Expenditure.
A committee will be constituted with the following members for scrutiny/process of the applications received.
1. Special Chief Secretary to Govt., YS &S Dept. Chairman
2. Representative of DGP Police Member
3. Representative of Forest PCCF Member
4. Managing Director, Tourism Corporation Member
5. Secretary, AP Social Welfare Residential
Education Institutions Society
6. Special Commissioner of Youth Services Member- Convener
3. The Special Commissioner of Youth Services shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
4. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O. No.37027/174/FMU-GAD.II/2016, dt.24.10.2016. MISSION EVEREST “AP YOUTH ON TOP OF THE WORLD” (Annexure G.O. Rt. No.300, Date. 28.10.2016)
Mt. Everest is located in the Mahalangur mountain range of the Himalayas in Nepal and Tibet border. Its peak is 8,848 meters (29,029 ft) above sea level. Most Nepali people refer to this mountain as Sagarmatha, meaning “Forehead in the Sky.” Tibetans and Sherpa people refer to it as “Qomolangma”, meaning “Goddess Mother of the World”.
2.AIM/OBJECTIVES OF THE EXPEDITION:
The main aim of this mission is to ignite the spirit of adventure and exploration in young minds and also
• To instill a sense of confidence and achievement in the hearts of youth, especially from underprivileged masses in the State of Andhra Pradesh and India.
• To create idols that can boost the morale of all the youth of Andhra Pradesh, particularly those who are belonging to the poor, underprivileged sections from the rural setup.
• To pitch the State of Andhra Pradesh on to the global adventure map.
• To encourage the youth of the State of Andhra Pradesh especially women to pursue adventure as a profession and convert into a career in adventure sports or adventure tourism.
• To prove that no limitations for achieving anything in life to the youth of the State.
Mt Everest climbing team will be consisting of five climbers selected from the youth of the State of the Andhra Pradesh. Out of Five youth one each reserved from SC, ST, and Women and rest two will be an open category. Preference will be given to woman, semi orphan, underprivileged and orphan youth of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
• The applicant should be native of Andhra Pradesh
• A resident of the state of Andhra Pradesh
• Domiciled in the State of Andhra Pradesh
• Born in the State of Andhra Pradesh
• Studied in school / college / university in the State of Andhra Pradesh for four years continuously
• A person either of whose parents was born or attended school / college / university in the State of Andhra Pradesh
• The applicant should be between age group of 18 – 29 years while applying.
• Annual income of the family from all the sources of all the family members shall be less than Rs.81,000/- if the family resides in rural area and Rs.1,03,000/- if the family resides in municipal area. The family includes husband and / or wife and their unmarried children. The house hold supply card (White ration card) may be considered as one of the evidence of income.
• Speaking skills in Hindi or English language will be an added advantage.
Note: No limitations pertain to height and education.
5.Application procedure and Documents to be submitted:
• Application form duly filled in enclosed Proforma. (Annexure -A)
• Medical Certificate shall be submitted in enclosed Proforma duly signed by a Government doctor (The aspiring youth shouldn’t have any history of nervous, breath, lungs or brain-related illness) – (Annexure – B)
• Photocopy of Aadhar card or Passport shall be submitted as address / residential proof.
• Date of Birth certificate or SSC marks memo shall be submitted as proof of age.
• The willingness of parents or guardians for participating in the expedition.
• Permission letter from School / College in case of students.
The complete selection procedure has been divided into Six Phases. They are Phase – 1
(starts around the fourth week of October/early November)
Preliminary selections will be at the district level. Ten youth from each district will be selected based on their physical and medical fitness.
• Body weight according to height (As per Department of Health – BMI chart).
• Should qualify in following physical endurance test:
~ 100 meters race in 16 seconds
~ 2.4kms in 10 minutes
~ Long Jump: 3.65metres in 3 chances
~ 100 metres race in 18 seconds
~ 2.4kms in 13 minutes
~ Long Jump: 2.7metres (9 feet) in 3 chances
Applicant should submit Medical fitness certificate duly signed by government doctor in “Annexure B” format.
Committee: Following district level committee will be formed to complete selection procedure and select best 10 youth from each district.
• District Collector
• Youth Services Department Officer
• Trainers of organization/institutes selected for expedition
• District Sports Officer
• Representative from District Medical & Health Department
Phase – 2
The selected 130 youth (10 youth from 13 districts) will be trained in basics of climbing and other adventure activities for 5 days. Depending on the performance in course further team will be selected.
The criteria for selection is
• Interest in field of climbing
• Mental toughness for climbing and related activities
• Physical ability in basics of climbing
• Health conditions
• Behavior of Youth
• Team spirit and cooperation
Depending on above qualities best performed 20 youth will be selected for further training.
Committee: Following state level committee will be formed to complete selection procedure and physical directors of APSWREIS (who already have experience in such programs) will be coordinating five days program.
• Special Chief Secretary
• Special Commissioner of Youth Services Department
• Sport officer of APSWREIS
• Chief Instructor of organization/institute selected for expedition
• National Youth Awardees (2)
• Representative of NCC
(phase 2 should finish by mid of November)
Phase – 3
The selected 20 youth team will be sent for mountaineering course in Ministry of Defense recognized mountaineering institution. The institution shortlists best performed Nine youth.
(phase 3 should finish by mid of December)
Phase – 4
The selected team of 9 youth, physical fitness enhancement will be done along with mental conditioning at ground level. The team will be trained in advanced techniques of climbing and safety equipment. This would be for one month under supervision of expedition leader.
Phase – 5
(phase 4 should finish by mid of January)
The team of Nine (9) will be taken to Himalayas for winter training to test their endurance and cold bearing capacity, as they have to bare extreme cold and extreme weather conditions during climbing Mt. Everest.
Army officer, rank of Lt Col or above (who climbed Mt Everest earlier) will be taken along with the team to select the final five member team depending on their performance during this expedition. Expedition leader and doctor will also accompany the team.
Phase – 6
(phase 5 should finish by fist week of February)
The final selected team of 5 youth will be trained in technical and various other skills required for climbing Mt. Everest like using artificial oxygen etc… by expedition leader for minimum two months (This phase should finish by April first week).
Phase – 7
Final team will be taken to climb Mt. Everest during April – June 2017.
Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world and attempting to climb it still continues to be one of the most dangerous of human pursuits. To take up such challenge and bringing team back safely the best leader of the expedition is very important. Therefore, the expedition should be lead by
• A professional mountaineers who have has made a mark in that field
• Has experience of successfully organizing expedition logistics for Mount Everest and other world wide mountains.
• Who can provide best quality service and experienced staff which can accomplish our goals with safety and priority.