The National Nutrition Mission 2021 or Rashtriya Poshan Maah is being celebrated during the month of September. Every year the Poshan Maah is celebrated under POSHAN Abhiyaan (PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment), which was launched in 2018. Ministry of Women and Child Development, being the nodal Ministry for POSHAN Abhiyan, is celebrating the Poshan Maah in convergence with partner Ministries and departments, at National, States/UTs, Districts, and grass root level.
The objective of the Rashtriya Poshan Maah (RPM) is to ensure community mobilisation and bolster people’s participation for addressing malnutrition amongst young children, and women and to ensure health and nutrition for everyone. Rashtriya Poshan Maah Celebrations & Competitions would be done in September month under National Nutrition Mission 2021
Rashtriya Poshan Maah Celebrations 2021
Celebrations of Rashtriya Poshan Maah during the September, 2021. All the District Educational Officers in the state are hereby informed that the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India has issued instructions to celebrate the Rashtriya Poshan Maah during the month of September, 2021. The aim of the programme is to further step up various activities under POSHAN Abhiyan and to create a “Jan Aandolan” while adhering to Coivd-19 protocols.
|Name of the Celebrations||Rashtriya Poshan Maah Celebrations 2021|
|Title||Rashtriya Poshan Maah Competitions 2021|
|Subject||Ministry of Education given instructions on Rashtriya Poshan Maah Celebrations 2021|
|Schedule||01-09-2021 to 30-09-2021|
|Download||Download National Nutrition Mission Celebration Guidelines from here|
|National Nutrition Week||National Nutrition Week Activities, Competitions, Exhibitions|
Therefore all the District Educational Officers are requested to carry out the activities in their respective districts during this month as mentioned below :
- Schools to cany out POSHAN Assembles with students in virtual/physical mode to discuss malnutrition, its impact on society and value of healthy and balanced diet.
- Participation of students in E- quiz focusing on malnutrition, nutrition awareness to be organized by centre through MyGov portal and States/UT through their own platform.
- A special plantation drives in school Nutrition (Kitchen) Garden.
- To view the programmes on POSHAN Abhiyan during POSHAN MAAH through SWAYAMPRABHA channels of Ministry of Education.
- Conduct of Parent Teacher Meeting (PTMs) in online/offline mode by all school/class teachers with parents with regard to nutrition and its relationship to physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Conduct of Social Audits of MDM benefits in the month of September by all Districts.
- The portion in the SCERT/NCERT curriculum on nutrition and physical health in all grades shall be covered by all schools in the month of September.
Rashtriya Poshan Maah Quiz competition:
The e-quiz competition will start on MyGov from 1st September 2021 and will continue till 30th September, 2021. The quiz can be accessed from the web portal ‘MyGov.in’. The participants who get all answers right shall automatically receive an online certificate from Director, NCERT through this MyGov platform. Further the students and teachers shall be informed to access MyGov portal, through the given link and register their names.
RPM Quiz competition Registration:
The following mandatory information will be required from the participants on MyGov.
- Name of participant
- Studying in class
- Name of school
- Address of school
- State/UT in which school is located
- Mobile number of self / parent / guardian
In view of the above, all District Educational Officer in the state are requested to take all necessary steps and see that more number of students take participation in the E-Quiz competition, and also to conduct other activities mentioned above, with the convergence of Dept. of Women Development and Child Welfare.
Further the District Educational Officer in the state are requested to send a brief report on the said activities by 11th October, 2021 to this office through the mail firstname.lastname@example.org for reporting the same to the State Officials and Ministry of Education, New Delhi. Encl : Letter of DoSE&L, Ministry of Education, GOI, New Delhi.