NSD National Science Day Celebrations & Activities in TS Schools. SCERT Telangana has given proceedings to conduct the National Science day Celebrations on February 28 in all the TS Schools. Suggested activities have been provided for conducting in Schools
All the District Educational Officers shall take necessary actions to celebrate National Science day on 28th February in all the schools in their respective districts with the following suggested activities. All the Principals of IASEs, CTEs and DIETs in the State will take necessary actions to celebrate National Science day on 28th February in IASEs, DIETs and CTEs in the State.
All the Headmasters of High schools and UP schools and Mandal Educational Officers of Mandals in the district would to conduct the Competitions in connection with the National Science Day on 28th February and Conduct various activities at school level, conduct science talent competitions organized by Forum for physical science and also encourage students to participate in science expo conducted by NIT-WARANGAL.
NSD is celebrated every year on 28 February to commemorate the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect.’ The Government of India designated 28 February as National Science Day (NSD) in 1986. On this day, Sir C.V. Raman announced the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930. On this occasion, theme-based science communication activities are carried out all over the country.
The theme of NSD 2020 is ‘Women in Science.’ NSD Theme has been chosen for the purpose of increasing public appreciation of the scientific issues involved. Celebrations of important Scientific Days with associated events bring scientific awareness in the community. Many institutions organize an open house for their laboratories and appraise students about career opportunities available in a particular research laboratory/institution.
National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science and Technology (DST) acts as a nodal agency to support, catalyze and coordinate the celebration of the National Science Day throughout the country in scientific institutions, research laboratories and autonomous scientific institutions associated with the Department of Science and Technology.
NCSTC has supported various programs countrywide by supporting its State S&T Councils & Departments for the organization of lectures, quizzes, open houses, etc.
DST instituted National Awards for Science Popularization in February 1987 to stimulate, encourage, and recognize outstanding efforts in the area of science and technology for popularization, communication, and promoting scientific temper. These awards are presented every year on National Science Day.
Instructions to MEOs and Principals in the district on National Science Day:
- Every Primary, UPS and High School must conduct the National Science Day on 28.02.2020.
- Doing small, small experiments by students and Increase the interest and passion of science among students.
- Science Day should not be held only with essay and lecture competitions on this day
- Science Day should be held also in every primary school
- Details and photos of the Science Day program conducted in the school should be sent to the Mandal Office immediately through CRPs.
- Maintenance of science experiments should not be limited to Science Day.
- Science Experiments should be conducted every on behalf of Science Day
- These things are the most important things to consider.
|Subject||Celebration of National Science day on February 28|
|Title||NSD National Science Day Celebrations & Activities in TS Schools 2020|
|About||The Suggestive Activities should be conducted in all Schools on the occasion of National Science Day|
|Department||Telangana School Education Department|
|Proceedings issued Department||SCERT Telangana|
- Science Experiments
- Talk on Science by Eminent Scientist of the locality.
- Essay writing competitions
- Quiz competitions
- Origami & Poster Competitions & etc.
- Science Mela etc.
The activities mentioned above are only illustrative and the Schools may opt for other creative activities also. In order to create interest and attitude towards Science among the student community, prizes and certificates may be awarded to them for participation in the activities.
After completion of NSD Celebrations, Sectoral Officers / District Science officers may upload the information with photographs on the above said activities
Activities on National Science Day (28th February):
- Conducting essay competitions for students.
- Conducting quiz competitions.
- Nearby – Scientist Inviting Researchers and Research Agencies
- Demonstrate, present, and explain non-fiction science topics.
- Asking and pondering interesting science questions.
- Conducting oratory competitions.
- Science material
- Science experiment management
- Establish Class / Chapter Performance
- Conducting experiments where electricity is available
- Giving an item to a class and talking about it,
- Exhibition of Science Books.
- Talking about a scientist, his research, their effects.
- Explaining some of the equipment
- Demonstration of science projects
- Demonstration of Popular Science
- Teaching material
- Maintaining knowledge.
- Watch the parents of the students and members of the community participate in the science fair
National Science Day:
Every year on February 28, is celebrated as the National Science Day. The programme was initiated by the department to trigger science popularization activities throughout the country and to disseminate scientific education about the current issues of science and technology amongst the citizens of the country. The programmes start around the national science day and activities like lectures, quiz, radio, television shows, open houses and debate etc. are organized around a central theme.
These programmes are organized nationwide through the state S&T Councils, science and Technology Departments.
National Science Day Activities in Telugu
Department of Science and Technology (DST), GOI is celebrating National Science Day across the country every year on 28th February to create enthusiasm among the people and to popularize science and technology to strengthen scientific temper among the masses. The focal theme for NSD 2020 celebration is “Women in Science“.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When will be celebrated as National Science Day in Schools?
The National Science Day should be celebrated on February 28 in all Schools across India
- What is the Focal theme for National Science Day Celebrations for 2020
The focal theme for NSD 2020 celebration is ” Women in Science “.
- Why do we celebrate “National Science Day” in India?
National Science Day would be celebrated across the country every year on 28th February to create enthusiasm among the people and to popularize science and technology to strengthen scientific temper among the masses
- What is the theme for National Science Day 2019?
The theme for the National Science Day (NSD) 2019 is “Science for the People and the People for Science”.
- In whose memory, National Science Day is being celebrated?
The National Science Day is celebrated every year on 28th February to commemorate the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’, a Nobel Prize-winning discovery by Sir C.V. Raman
- What is the main objective of National Science Day Celebrations 2020
The main objective is to bring science in the forefront through the celebration of the Main objective is to bring science in the forefront through a celebration of the national science day (NSD), inculcate a scientific temper and take pride in the scientific achievements of the country. T ), inculcate a scientific temper and take pride in the scientific achievements of the country.
- What activities should be conducted on behalf of National Science Day?
The activities include debates, quizzes, exhibitions, lectures, open houses and debate etc., should be conducted on behalf of National Science Day involving schools, colleges and the general public.