NEET UG Counselling 2022, Register at mcc.nic.in for Medical and Dental Courses. The medical online counselling registration will begin for the admission in undergraduate medical programmes on the basis of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG results was declared on its portal.
National Testing Agency, NTA has released the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET UG Result. NEET Results are now available on the official website ntaneet.nic.in. Candidates have qualified the NEET examination. NTA would be sharing the All India Merit List for NEET Counselling with the Medical Counselling Committee – MCC. Counselling schedule would be released on mcc.nic.in soon.
NEET Counselling Highlights
- NEET 2021 counselling is likely to begin soon.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has provided the All India Rank (AIR) to all the candidates.
- The All India merit list has been prepared in percentile on the basis of highest marks secured in the NEET 2021 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- The central and state NEET counselling authorities will prepare a merit list based on the rank for colleges falling under their jurisdiction for admissions to the MBBS/BDS courses.
- Those who qualified for the counselling rounds will have to further complete the formalities with the respective counselling authorities, that is, DGHS, medical education directorates of states, etc.
- The details and schedule of counselling would be available on the websites of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education Directorates of States as applicable.
- During NEET 2021 counselling, the eligibility criteria, self-declaration, various documents, etc., of the eligible candidates will be verified as specified by the respective authorities and/or the medical or dental colleges.
|Name of the Counselling||NEET UG Counselling 2022|
|Title||Download the NEET UG Counselling 2022 notification|
|Subject||MCC released the NEET Counselling 2022|
|Exam Date||September 12|
|Result Date||November 2|
|NEET Counselling||January 19, 2022 to January 29, 2022|
NTA Role is conducting exam, declaring results
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) role is limited to conducting the exams, declaring the result and issuing the NEET UG merit list based on All India Rank (AIR).
- An all India merit list has been prepared in percentile determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the NEET-UG 2021 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses as per Para V (II), Chapter II of Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued under Medical Council of India Act & Dental Council of India Act.
- NTA has provided all India rank (AIR) to the candidates and the admitting authorities will draw a merit list based on the ranks for the seats of MBBS/BDS falling under their jurisdiction.
- When candidates apply to their state, they will mention their category as per the state category list.
- The responsibility of NTA is to conduct the examination and declare the result based on eligibility criteria provided by National Medical Commission.
- Candidates submitted their category as per national category list and based on the same the result has been declared.
- State counselling authorities will accordingly make their merit list. The same is the case with the domicile.
- The NTA has no role in it and no change in any data will be made by the NTA
15% All India Quota by MCC: Students may please note that the Counselling for 15% All India Quota would be conducted by MCC. The schedule for the same would be released on the official website mcc.nic.in. Tentatively the NEET Counselling is expected to begin from as per the schedule.
NEET Counselling will be held with the existing reservation policy which is:
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- PwD – Horizontal Reservation as per NMC norms
- OBC – (Non-Creamy Layer) as per the Central OBC list- 27%
- EWS – as per Central Government norms- 10%
States can implement their reservation policy on the position of seats that do not come under the central reservation pool which is 50 % of NEET PG seats and 85% of NEET UG seats.
State wise Quota by SLC: As for the State wise quota and admission to State medical & dental colleges and private colleges would be conducted by the State level committees. NTA would be releasing the state wise merit list and sharing the same with the respective agencies. The schedule for state wise counselling would be released by the respective states separately along with the State Merit List.
The counselling will be held online at 15 per cent of the general category seats. In the first round of seat allotment, a candidate has to report to the allotted institute. The registration, choice filling and indicative seat will begin on July 3 and will continue till July 11 (until 5 pm). States will conduct separate two-round counselling for admission to state quota seats in government and private colleges.
NEET UG Merit list:
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016,
NTA has conducted NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) [NEET(UG)] for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament e.g. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
An All India merit list has to be prepared in percentile determined on the basis of highest marks secured by the candidates in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses as per Para V(II), Chapter II of Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued under Medical Council of India Act & Dental Council of India Act.
1. Following were allowed to appear in NEET UG
• Indian Nationals
• Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
• Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
• Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) &
• Foreign Nationals
Because of above, NEET has become the first Global Entrance Examination in the country.
2. Seats to be filled through NEET UG are classified in the following categories:
• All India Quota Seats
• State Government Quota Seats
• State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
• Central Pool Quota Seats
15% All India Quota seats as per the directions of DGHS and Counselling will be stopped soon the seats are exhausted.
Information regarding State Quota Seats:
For State quota and other seats falling under the ambit of States, candidates may apply to their domicile states and a merit list as per State rules and based on All India Rank will be prepared by concerned Counselling Authorities. The counselling for Private Medical Colleges will also be conducted by the concerned State Counselling Authority.
NTA made elaborate arrangement for the smooth and fair conduct of examination across the nation. Candidates and their parents are also informed to assist NTA in the fair conduct of examination. Before declaration of result,
NTA has hosted the OMR Answer Sheets of all the candidates on website for their information and to make challenges if they found any discrepancy in the responses made by them. Also, the answer keys were hosted on website for challenges. All the challenges received by CBSE were duly addressed before preparation of result.
The candidates can access their result on ntaneet.nic.in. The Result of NEET UG has been declared on the basis of the qualifying criteria prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India and also based on the information submitted by the candidates in their online application forms.
The qualified candidates may please note that they have to further complete the formalities with the respective Counselling Authorities viz DGHS, Medical Education Directorates of States, etc. for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses.
The details and schedule of counselling would be available on the websites of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education Directorates of States. The details of Medical Education Directorate of States are given in Appendix-IV of the Information Bulletin available on NEET website.
The counselling would be conducted by the respective Counselling Authorities subject to prevailing rules and norms for admission in Medical Colleges/Dental Colleges under their ambit. Candidates are advised to be in touch with the respective Counselling Authorities and Institutions concerned for further details.
NEET UG Medical/Dental Online counselling Schedule: Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) has released the tentative schedule for online counseling (allotment process) for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to 15% All India Quota/ Deemed/ Central universities/ ESIC & AFMC (MBBS/BDS) seats on its official website. Candidates can now obtain the tentative schedule for the NEET counselling from the official website of MCC, mcc.nic.in.
Documents needed to apply for NEET UG Counselling
- NEET Score Card with Rank.
- NEET Admit Card.
- For Date of Birth proof, candidates must have class 10 marksheet or certificate.
- Class 12 Marksheet based on exams given.
- Any photo ID proof like Aadhar Card, PAN card, Driving License etc.
- Few coloured passport sized photographs (Ideally 8-10).
- Caste certificate and PwD certificate, if applicable.
Those who register for the counselling will have to fill in their choice of college and course, based on choice and merit, the list will be released. Those who select the seats allotted will have to participate in the document verification round; the rest can wait for the next round.
MCC will hold counselling for admission to 15 per cent All India Quota seats for MBBS and BDS admissions in all states and UTs, all seats in BHU, AIIMS, JIPMER seats, AMU, faculty of Dentistry at Jamia, 85 per cent of state quota seats of DU, I.P University, and 15 per cent IP quota seats of ESIC.
NEET UG Counselling Seat Allotment explained
- All candidates who have been allotted an All India Quota, AIQ rank in NEET Results 2021, are eligible for seat allotment, provided other conditions are met.
- The NEET UG Seat Allotment the final outcome of the registration and counselling process. Before this, candidates register by following the basic steps on MCC’s website. The allotment of seats is done on the basis of choices submitted by candidates.
- As one would be aware, the eligibility criteria for admissions to AIIMS, Deemed Universities and others are very different from each other. Hence, it becomes important that candidates carefully evaluate their choices and only then fill them.
- The order of choices filled in NEET UG Counselling registrations also matters. As per the rules, usually, a seat is allotted to a candidate based on the order of choices filled. The first choice filled would be given a greater weightage, followed by the second choice and so on.
- After seat is allotted, the freezing of choices takes place. This means that the candidate has accepted the seat and will now be proceeding with the admissions process. Since preference is given to the first choice, followed by others, candidates must be very careful while choosing the first choice.
Who are the eligible for NEET UG Counselling?
Those who clear the NEET UG entrance exam for medical colleges will be eligible for medical college counselling.
|NEET Counselling Info|
|NEET UG Counselling Schedule 2022|
|NEET UG Counselling Dates 2022|
|NEET UG Counselling Registration 2022|
|NEET UG Seat Allotment Result 2022|
|NEET UG Counselling Seat Allotment Letter 2022|