NEET UG Counselling 2023, Register at mcc.nic.in for Medical and Dental Courses admission. The medical online counselling registration will begin for the admission in undergraduate medical programmes on the basis of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG results was declared on its web portal.
National Testing Agency, NTA has released the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET UG Result. NEET Results are now available on the official website ntaneet.nic.in. Candidates have qualified the NEET examination. NTA would be sharing the All India Merit List for NEET Counselling with the Medical Counselling Committee – MCC. Counselling schedule would be released on mcc.nic.in soon.
With the release of the NTA NEET UG results, medical students will be eligible to register for the MCC counselling procedure. The registration dates for round 1 NEET UG MCC counselling will be announced soon on its web portal.
The counselling committees including Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and the AYUSH Admissions Central Counselling Committee (AACCC) and state counselling administering bodies will release the NEET counselling schedule soon. The candidates who have qualified the NEET UG examination are eligible to apply for admission through NEET UG cut-offs and percentile marks.
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will conduct the NEET counselling for 15 per cent All India Quota seats, 100 percent seats of Deemed Universities, Central Universities, ESIC and AFMC, AIIMS, JIPMER, BHU and AMU. The MCC website will update the details of NEET counselling soon.
NEET UG State Counselling: The UG medical admission for state based seats will begin from October 17 onwards and will conclude on October 28. The 85 percent of seats across medical colleges fall under the state quota. The counselling process for the remaining 15 per cent seats under the All India Quota will begin on October 11.
MCC has informed that it will conduct NEET UG Counselling in four rounds, as it did last year: Round 1, Round 2, Mop Up Round, and Stray Vacancy. NEET UG Counselling is held for admissions through the 15 per All India Quota, AIQ seats available in government medical colleges, deemed universities, central universities, ESIC, and AFMS institutes for the 2022-2023 academic year.
NEET Counselling Highlights
- NEET counselling is likely to begin soon.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has provided the All India Rank (AIR) to all the candidates.
- The All India merit list has been prepared in percentile on the basis of highest marks secured in the NEET for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- The central and state NEET counselling authorities will prepare a merit list based on the rank for colleges falling under their jurisdiction for admissions to the MBBS/BDS courses.
- Those who qualified for the counselling rounds will have to further complete the formalities with the respective counselling authorities, that is, DGHS, medical education directorates of states, etc.
- The details and schedule of counselling would be available on the websites of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education Directorates of States as applicable.
- During NEET 2021 counselling, the eligibility criteria, self-declaration, various documents, etc., of the eligible candidates will be verified as specified by the respective authorities and/or the medical or dental colleges.
|Name of the Counselling||NEET UG Counselling 2022|
|Title||Download the NEET UG Counselling 2022 notification|
|Subject||MCC released the NEET Counselling 2022|
|Exam Date||September 12|
|Result Date||September 8|
|NEET Counselling registration||October 11 to 17, 2022|
NTA Role is conducting exam, declaring results
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) role is limited to conducting the exams, declaring the result and issuing the NEET UG merit list based on All India Rank (AIR).
- An all India merit list has been prepared in percentile determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the NEET-UG for admission to MBBS/BDS courses as per Para V (II), Chapter II of Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued under Medical Council of India Act & Dental Council of India Act.
- NTA has provided all India rank (AIR) to the candidates and the admitting authorities will draw a merit list based on the ranks for the seats of MBBS/BDS falling under their jurisdiction.
- When candidates apply to their state, they will mention their category as per the state category list.
- The responsibility of NTA is to conduct the examination and declare the result based on eligibility criteria provided by National Medical Commission.
- Candidates submitted their category as per national category list and based on the same the result has been declared.
- State counselling authorities will accordingly make their merit list. The same is the case with the domicile.
- The NTA has no role in it and no change in any data will be made by the NTA
15% All India Quota by MCC: Students may please note that the Counselling for 15% All India Quota would be conducted by MCC. The schedule for the same would be released on the official website mcc.nic.in. Tentatively the NEET Counselling is expected to begin from as per the schedule.
NEET Counselling will be held with the existing reservation policy which is:
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- PwD – Horizontal Reservation as per NMC norms
- OBC – (Non-Creamy Layer) as per the Central OBC list- 27%
- EWS – as per Central Government norms- 10%
States can implement their reservation policy on the position of seats that do not come under the central reservation pool which is 50 % of NEET PG seats and 85% of NEET UG seats.
NEET UG Counselling Schedule 2022
- Registrations and payment: October 11 to 17, 2022 till 11 PM
- Choice filling and locking: October 14 to 18, 2022 till 11:55 PM
- Verification of internal candidates: October 17 to 18, 2022.
- Processing of seat allotment: October 19 to 20, 2022.
- Round 1 Result – Seat Allotment: October 21, 2022.
- Reporting and Joining: October 22 to 28, 2022.
- Round 2 Begins: November 2, 2022
State wise Quota by SLC: As for the State wise quota and admission to State medical & dental colleges and private colleges would be conducted by the State level committees. NTA would be releasing the state wise merit list and sharing the same with the respective agencies. The schedule for state wise counselling would be released by the respective states separately along with the State Merit List.
The counselling will be held online at 15 per cent of the general category seats. In the first round of seat allotment, a candidate has to report to the allotted institute. The registration, choice filling and indicative seat will begin on July 3 and will continue till July 11 (until 5 pm). States will conduct separate two-round counselling for admission to state quota seats in government and private colleges.
NEET UG qualifying cutoff
The NEET UG qualifying cutoff are the marks that should be secured by the candidates to pass the examination. The qualifying cutoff for NEET UG is announced with the result and can vary from the past year’s cutoff marks. Only qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the admissions into the various medical courses such as MBBS, BDS, Ayush etc., Nursing courses are also slowly being brought under the NEET UG umbrella.
The NEET UG scores will be the basis for admissions to the medical courses. Therefore, it is imperative that candidates understand the scores they need to be able to qualify the exam and further apply for admissions. Given below are the past five years cutoffs for NEET UG. An analysis of these cutoff marks shows the trends over the years.
NEET UG 2022 Cut Off
|Category||Cut-Off Percentile||NEET Cut-Off 2022|
|Category||NEET qualifying cutoff||NEET Cutoff 2021||NEET Cutoff 2020||NEET Cutoff 2019||NEET Cutoff 2018||NEET Cutoff 2017|
|General||50th percentile||720-138||720-147||701-134||697 – 131||697-131|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||137-108||146-113||133-107||130 – 107||130-107|
|General- PH||45th percentile||137-122||146-129||133-120||130 – 118||130-118|
|SC/ST/OBC- PH||40th percentile||121-108||128-113||119-107||130 – 107||130-107|
The NEET UG scores will be used to screen admissions to medical, dental, BSc nursing and AYUSH courses in the country. Counselling for the same will be of two types – All India and state wise.
NEET UG Merit list:
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016,
NTA has conducted NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) [NEET(UG)] for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament e.g. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
An All India merit list has to be prepared in percentile determined on the basis of highest marks secured by the candidates in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses as per Para V(II), Chapter II of Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued under Medical Council of India Act & Dental Council of India Act.
1. Following were allowed to appear in NEET UG
• Indian Nationals
• Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
• Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
• Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) &
• Foreign Nationals
Because of above, NEET has become the first Global Entrance Examination in the country.
2. Seats to be filled through NEET UG are classified in the following categories:
• All India Quota Seats
• State Government Quota Seats
• State/ Management/ NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
• Central Pool Quota Seats
15% All India Quota seats as per the directions of DGHS and Counselling will be stopped soon the seats are exhausted.
Information regarding State Quota Seats:
For State quota and other seats falling under the ambit of States, candidates may apply to their domicile states and a merit list as per State rules and based on All India Rank will be prepared by concerned Counselling Authorities. The counselling for Private Medical Colleges will also be conducted by the concerned State Counselling Authority.
NTA made elaborate arrangement for the smooth and fair conduct of examination across the nation. Candidates and their parents are also informed to assist NTA in the fair conduct of examination. Before declaration of result,
NTA has hosted the OMR Answer Sheets of all the candidates on website for their information and to make challenges if they found any discrepancy in the responses made by them. Also, the answer keys were hosted on website for challenges. All the challenges received by CBSE were duly addressed before preparation of result.
The candidates can access their result on ntaneet.nic.in. The Result of NEET UG has been declared on the basis of the qualifying criteria prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India and also based on the information submitted by the candidates in their online application forms.
The qualified candidates may please note that they have to further complete the formalities with the respective Counselling Authorities viz DGHS, Medical Education Directorates of States, etc. for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses.
The details and schedule of counselling would be available on the websites of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education Directorates of States. The details of Medical Education Directorate of States are given in Appendix-IV of the Information Bulletin available on NEET website.
The counselling would be conducted by the respective Counselling Authorities subject to prevailing rules and norms for admission in Medical Colleges/Dental Colleges under their ambit. Candidates are advised to be in touch with the respective Counselling Authorities and Institutions concerned for further details.
How to participate in NEET UG Counselling?
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will start the NEET UG central counselling process soon in online mode on the official website, mcc.nic.in. Candidates can register for counselling as per the schedule. NEET UG AIQ counselling process will include registration, payment of fee, choice filling & locking, seat allotment, and reporting to the allotted college.
- Visit the mcc.nic.in website
Candidates should visit the website mcc.nic.in and click on the “new registration” tab on the home page.
- Fill the details
Once you reach the registration form, fill in the details such as NEET roll number, registration number, date of birth and other required information.
- Pay the registration fee
After filling all details, pay the NEET UG counselling registration fee through online fee payment method.
- Fill the choices
After fee payment, login the website once again. Fill in the course of your choice and list the colleges according to the preference. Candidates should note that there is no limit on the number of choices that can be filled.
- Lock the choices
After this, candidates need to lock the choices within the mentioned dates. The choices will be locked automatically on the last date if any candidate fails to do so.
NEET UG Medical/Dental Online counselling Schedule: Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) has released the tentative schedule for online counseling (allotment process) for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to 15% All India Quota/ Deemed/ Central universities/ ESIC & AFMC (MBBS/BDS) seats on its official website. Candidates can now obtain the tentative schedule for the NEET counselling from the official website of MCC, mcc.nic.in.
Documents needed to apply for NEET UG Counselling
- NEET Score Card with Rank.
- NEET Admit Card.
- For Date of Birth proof, candidates must have class 10 marksheet or certificate.
- Class 12 Marksheet based on exams given.
- Any photo ID proof like Aadhar Card, PAN card, Driving License etc.
- Few coloured passport sized photographs (Ideally 8-10).
- Caste certificate and PwD certificate, if applicable.
Those who register for the counselling will have to fill in their choice of college and course, based on choice and merit, the list will be released. Those who select the seats allotted will have to participate in the document verification round; the rest can wait for the next round.
MCC will hold counselling for admission to 15 per cent All India Quota seats for MBBS and BDS admissions in all states and UTs, all seats in BHU, AIIMS, JIPMER seats, AMU, faculty of Dentistry at Jamia, 85 per cent of state quota seats of DU, I.P University, and 15 per cent IP quota seats of ESIC.
NEET UG Counselling Seat Allotment explained
- All candidates who have been allotted an All India Quota, AIQ rank in NEET Results 2021, are eligible for seat allotment, provided other conditions are met.
- The NEET UG Seat Allotment the final outcome of the registration and counselling process. Before this, candidates register by following the basic steps on MCC’s website. The allotment of seats is done on the basis of choices submitted by candidates.
- As one would be aware, the eligibility criteria for admissions to AIIMS, Deemed Universities and others are very different from each other. Hence, it becomes important that candidates carefully evaluate their choices and only then fill them.
- The order of choices filled in NEET UG Counselling registrations also matters. As per the rules, usually, a seat is allotted to a candidate based on the order of choices filled. The first choice filled would be given a greater weightage, followed by the second choice and so on.
- After seat is allotted, the freezing of choices takes place. This means that the candidate has accepted the seat and will now be proceeding with the admissions process. Since preference is given to the first choice, followed by others, candidates must be very careful while choosing the first choice.
- NEET UG Medical/Dental Online counselling Schedule
Full Form Of Medical Courses
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BHMS – Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- BUMS – Bachelor in Unani Medicine and Surgery
- BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery
- BPT – Bachelor of Physio Therapy
- BVSc – Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- BNYS – Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences
- BSMS – Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery
- BSc Nursing – Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
List Of AIIMS Having Over 100 MBBS Seats
|Name of AIIMS Institute||State||Number of Seats|
|AIIMS New Delhi||Delhi||132|
|AIIMS Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||125|
|AIIMS Mangalagiri (Vijayawada)||Andhra Pradesh||125|
|AIIMS Gorakhpur||Uttar Pradesh||125|
|AIIMS Raebareli||Uttar Pradesh||100|
Who are the eligible for NEET UG Counselling?
Those who clear the NEET UG entrance exam for medical colleges will be eligible for medical college counselling.
When will the NEET UG counselling process begin?
As per the Central counselling schedule, the NEET AIQ counselling will be conducted in 4 rounds by MCC. The first round of counselling will begin on October 11 and candidates will be able to register themselves till October 17, 11 am. Round 1 seat allotment result will be declared on October 21.
What are the steps involved in securing a medical seat?
NEET UG counselling process will include registration, payment of fee, choice filling and locking web options, seat allotment, and reporting to the allotted college.
Which board will conduct counselling on medical seats in India?
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct NEET UG central counselling for 15% AIQ seats in government medical and dental colleges across the country. Through NEET ug counselling, 100% seats will be allotted in deemed/central universities, ESIC/AFMS, AIIMS, JIPMER, and BSc Nursing programs.
How many rounds in NEET ug central counselling?
NEET UG central counselling will be conducted in four rounds. They are round 1, round 2, mop up and a stray vacancy round. Candidates will have to register to participate in the counselling process wherein, they have to fill the preferred choices of courses and colleges.
How are medical admissions to state quota seats carried out?
The National Medical Commission releases the counselling schedule for the NEET UG central counselling for the 15 per cent state quota seats to be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities
What is the eligibility criteria for participating in NEET UG counselling?
To be eligible for NEET ug counselling, general category candidates must score in the 50th percentile, while SC/ST/OBC candidates must score in the 40th percentile. Using the NEET results, the National Testing Agency prepares the merit list for 15 per cent AIQ counselling. As part of the 85 percent state quota counselling, NTA also provides information about qualified candidates from each state to the respective authorities.
How do medical admissions in private colleges take place?
A similar authority conducting counselling for state quota seats will conduct counselling for MBBS/BDS seats at state private colleges. Depending on the number of vacancies, counselling may be conducted in three to four rounds, followed by a mop-up round.
What are the documents required for NEET UG counselling?
Students attending NEET UG central counselling will need to submit the following documents: NEET result 2021 or rank letter, Class 10 mark sheet and certificate, Class 12 mark sheet and certificate A photo ID that is valid, not expired, and government-issued, 6-8 passport-sized photographs, Caste Certificate (if applicable), Disability Certificate (if applicable) and Provisional allotment letter. Candidates must bring originals and photocopies of the documents mentioned above.
How to register for NEET UG counselling?
NEET UG qualified and eligible candidates need to visit the official website of MCC, mcc.nic.in. On the home page, click on NEET UG Counselling Round 1. Fill up the registration details and click on the submit button. Fill up the application form and make online payment. Finally, click on submit button. Download the page and get a hard copy for future reference.