The exam conducting body, National Testing Agency (NTA), has enabled the SHRESHTA NETS online application 2022 link on its official website, https://shreshta.gov.in for receiving applications. All the interested students of classes 9 and 11 can participate in the scheme for Residential Education for students in high classes in targeted areas. Students can complete the NETS registration 2022 process themselves by visiting the official website.
Students belonging to Scheduled Castes, studying in class 8th and 10th in the current academic year 2021-22 and Parent’s annual income is up to Rs. 2.5 lacs are eligible to apply for the NETS examination. SHRESHTA Entrance examination will be conducted in all States or UTs and the language of question papers is in Bilingual (English and Hindi).
As per the official information, students will be shortlisted for SHRESHTA 2022 once they clear NETS 2022. Willing and eligible SC students may register themselves through online portal https://shreshta.gov.in free of cost. Students applying for NETS 2022 will be required to submit a set of details and documents like name, date of birth, educational certificates, photograph, signature, SC Certificate / Undertaking, Income Certificate as applicable.
|Name of the registration||SHRESHTA Registration 2022|
|Title||Complete the NETS Registration 2022 process|
|Subject||NTA has enabled the NETS Online Application 2022 link|
|Last date to apply||April 12, 2022|
The Indian government has approved a new scheme named SHRESHTA (Scheme for Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas) for the purpose of providing seats for the meritorious SC boys and girls in the best private residential schools in the country. Every year, it is expected that about (3000) students would be selected for admission in Class 9 and Class 11 under the scheme.
The objective of the Scheme for Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas (SHRESHTA) is as follows:
- To enhance the reach of the development initiative of the government.
- To fill the gap in service-deprived Scheduled Castes (SCs) dominant areas in the sector of education by collaborating with voluntary organizations.
- To provide an environment for socio-economic upliftment and overall development of the Scheduled Castes (SCs).
- To provide access to high-quality education to bright Scheduled Caste (SC) students so that they can explore future opportunities.
- SHRESHTA provides for high quality education for meritorious SC students in CBSE affiliated reputed residential schools.
- Approximately 3,000 seats would be provided in class 9th and 11th fully funded by the Central Government.
- The National Entrance Test for SHRESHTA (NETS) will be an online test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for selecting students for admission in Class 9 and 11.
- There is no fee for the examination.
- Students are advised to visit the official website for more updates and information related to the scheme and examination.
Candidates applying for NETS examination will be required to submit a set of details and documents like Name, date of birth, educational certificates, photograph, signature, SC Certificate / Undertaking, Income Certificate as applicable. Candidates can check the recommended size of required documents on the official website.
Steps to complete the NETS Registration 2022 for SHRESHTA scheme
Candidates can apply for SHRESHTA (NETS) through the Online mode only. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted. Candidates must read carefully the Instructions (including how to fill up the Application Form online) given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Visit the shreshta.nta.nic.in Website
Candidates need to visit the official website, shreshta.nta.nic.in in your device browser.
- Click on the SHRESHTA Link
Once you reach the official website, click on the Registration for SHRESHTA link on the homepage.
- Register your self
Register first to generate your login credentials.
- Login the web page
Login using your application form number and password.
- Fill the application form
After login the web page, NETS application form will be displayed on the screen. Fill in the form and attest all required documents.
- Submit the application
After filling the application form, candidates can check the all details filled in the form and submit the form.
- Download the application form
After submission of application form, download it. Take a print out of the application form if required.
Is there any Application Fee for appearing in the SHRESHTA (NETS)?
No, there is no fee for appearing in the SHRESHTA (NETS).