School Education Department SSA Telangana, Implementation of Twinning of Schools Programme to Selected Schools in the State. C and DSE Telangana – Rc.No. 4029 ,Dated: 18.10.2017 :: Sub : SSA, Telangana State, Hyderabad – Partnership between Schools (Twinning) – Issue of guidelines – Implementation in selected Primary schools – Reg.
1) PAB approved budget for the year 2017 – 18;
2) Memo No. F.No. 2-8/2015-EE.3, GOI, Department of School Education, New dt: 12.01.2016.
All the District Educational Officers and E.O: Project Officers of SSA in the state are informed that in the reference 2nd cited, wherein the Director, Department of School Education and Literacy, MHRD, GOI, New Delhi has devised a concept paper titled “Partnership among schools” which aim to linking of schools located in rural areas with Private or Government schools in Urban or semi-urban areas for interaction and exchange of experience.
The rationale behind this programme is that it offer powerful alternative to four walled classroom chalk and talk method. It leads to instilling a sense of awe, which helps open young minds to introspection and new experience. This initiate aim to explore this new dimension of learning which will provide and enable students to understand and respect cultural difference and help to created, dedicated, committed, discipline and productive individuals.
In this connection, State Level Shaala Siddhi, Twinning of schools and QMT workshop conducted on 10-10-2017 at Godavari Hall, SIEMAT Building and discussed objectives, guidelines and strategies to implement twinning at mandal level. The Resource Persons for this workshop
Sectorial Officer-2 and Head Master from each district were attended. The proposed plan of action for twinning of school is as follows:
i. State Level one-day orientation to SOs and H.Ms: 10-10-2017,Completed
ii. District Level I-day orientation to H.Ms and MEOs on twinning of schools.(In shaala siddhi one day orientation): 30-10-2017 to 2-11-2017
iii. Implementation of twinning at Mandal Level in 2 times for each school.
1) 03-11- 2017 to 10-11-2017
2) 13-11-2017to 18-11-2017
The DEOs and E.O: P.Os of SSA is requested to conduct the Orientation to the Mandal Educational Officers (MEOs) on Twinning of schools alongwith the Shaala Siddhi Orientation programme, inturn MEOs will train selected schools H.Ms at Mandal Level. Further the DEOs are requested to give instructions to the Sectoral Officer – II to identify 25 primary schools with highest enrollment in the district and see that all mandals in your district should cover to implement the programme. The objectives, guidelines and questionnaire for students of the programme are annexed. The questionnaire will be provided to all the participated students.
The programme is l-day in two spells and the same children only attend the programme. The financial norms may follow for conduct of the
The District Educational Officers and Ex-officio Project Officers of SSA in the State are requested to conduct the programme successfully and send the information the prescribed proforma (annexed) immediately. Further they are requested to give instructions to S.0-II to identify best of
3 mandals as best practice to SPO (5 to 6 pages document of write up alongwith photos) after completion of the said programme. The expenditure may be met from the AWP & B of 2017 – 18 under budget head of “Innovations” & Sub-head of “2101 – Girls Education” Encl: 1) Objectives and Guidelines, 2) Questionnaire, 3) Data Collection Proforma
School Education Department SSA Telangana, Implementation of Twinning of Schools Programme to Selected Schools in the State.
a. Capacity building
Twinning and partnerships can help strengthen the school staff and students involved through sharing or transfer of skills and knowledge.
b. Identification of best practices
Twinning and partnerships provide opportunities to identify ideas, approaches, techniques and methods that followed in visiting schools and which can be shared and serve as inspiration for new initiatives.
c. Added value, increased quality and effectiveness of school activities
Where the twinning and partnerships involve collaborating on a specific activity, it usually results in added value, more quality and effectiveness.
d. Broadening of horizons
Twinning and partnerships help school staff and learners to broaden their views and be more outward looking, to break down barriers, to understand local specific cultures and to learn about their strengths and weakness.
e. Relationship building
Twinning and partnerships can help build stronger relationships between student-student, student-teacher, and teacher-teacher of both schools.
F. Mobility of teachers and learners
Twinning and partnerships are useful when schools want to create opportunities for mobility of teachers and learners. A partner school can host teachers and learners and behavioral change among students
GUIDELINES FOR TWINNING OF SCHOOLS (PATNERSHIP WITH SCHOOLS) at PRIMARY LEVEL
• Choose the visiting High school or Model school or Residential school or Secondary school which is implementing BEST Practices in the Institution with in the Mandal.
• Conduct SMC meeting with parents of V class students and resolutions to visit selected school.
• Explain in SMC Meeting the purpose and use of Partnership with higher school.
• Take under taking /Acceptance letters from parents of V Class students for visiting; if necessary take help of SMCs.
• Head masters of concerned Primary schools have to take prior permission of MEO and HM/Principal of visiting school.
• Escort Teacher and Students should reach the visiting school before 1st bell i.e., 09.25 A.M and they should stay until the long bell in the school.
• Prepare work sheets/Questionnaire for @ 5 students for 1 sheet about visiting school, which includes infrastructure, Human resources, Functioning of Laboratory, Library, Balasabha, Mass drill, Sports & Games, Best practices followed by students and Teachers in the Institution.
• Divide entire strength into 5 groups and each group shall visit each class i.e., VI to X and interact with teacher and students.
• On last period the H.M / Principal gather all the students and conduct a meeting with the two students from each group of guest students and 1 host students of each class. The escort teacher prepare document of their observations and submit to the School and MEO.
• As only V Class students are allowed for Twinning, 25 students has to escorted by one teacher and up to 50 students two teachers and so on.
ROLE OF MANDAL EDUCATIONAL OFFICER
• Mandal Education Officer has to identify the Primary schools with highest enrollment (3-5) in the mandal and inform same to DPO SSA.
• After implementation of Twinning of schools in mandal MEO has to submit actual travel bills along with documentation to DPO SSA submitted by Primary school Head master.
ROLE OF HOSTING SCHOOL HEAD MASTER/PRINCIPAL
• Provide opportunity to visiting school children to expose to different activities practiced by host school.
• Provide opportunity to mingle with children to know themselves about school
ROLE OF DISTRICT EDUCATIONAL OFFICER
Select identify Primary schools with highest enrollment and submit same to State Project Director SSA. Issue Guidelines and instructions to field level and follow the time line to implement Twinning of school in District. Each selected school has to visit Higher school twice . Submit the comprehensive report of District Twinning of school to State Project office SSA TS.