Government is planning to connect government and private schools in the state to improve the overall educational standards in the state. Primarily, the government school students will be benefitted from the Twinning Programme as they will get access to the private school teachers, which will strengthen their academic base and broaden their knowledge base too. As part of this programme, schools that are located in near vicinity to each other will be linked.
As part of the Twinning programme, private and government schools will be linked with each other through audio-visual classrooms to help teachers and students with better course content. It is a forward-looking initiative, to ensure qualitative teaching-learning outcomes. Through this initiative, the government, as well as the private schools, will be able to share learning resources prepared by the government which will allow the government school students to come at par with their counterparts in the private schools
The aim is to create learning hubs that will collect the learning resources and allow brainstorming of the objectives under National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. Earlier, CBSE had tried to develop hubs of learning during COVID, but couldn’t fully implement it.
This will initiate a collaborative learning programme, which will primarily be beneficial to government school students and those from the disadvantaged socio-economic backdrop. This programme is significant as it will bring in a culture of peer learning among the student community as they will get a chance to learn from each other and in the process students’ socio-emotional quotient would also improve.
The twinning of Schools Programme in TS Schools Guidelines, School Education Department SSA Telangana, Implementation of Twinning of Schools Programme to Selected Schools in the State. C and DSE Telangana – Rc.No. 4029, Dated: 18.10.2017, Sub : SSA, Telangana State, Hyderabad – Partnership between Schools (Twinning) – Issue of guidelines – Implementation in selected Primary schools – Reg.
Ref: 1) PAB approved budget for the year 2017 – 18; 2) Memo No. F.No. 2-8/2015-EE.3, GOI, Department of School Education, New Dt: 12.01.2016. MHRD, Delhi,
All the District Educational Officers and E.O: Project Officers of SSA in the state are informed that in the reference 2nd cited, wherein the Director, Department of School Education and Literacy, MHRD, GOI, New Delhi has devised a concept paper titled “Partnership among schools” which aim to link of schools located in rural areas with Private or Government schools in urban or semi-urban areas for interaction and exchange of experience.
The rationale behind this program is that it offers a powerful alternative to four-walled classroom chalk and talk method. It leads to instilling a sense of awe, which helps open young minds to introspection and new experience. This initiate aims to explore this new dimension of learning which will provide and enable students to understand and respect cultural difference and help to create, dedicated, committed, disciplined and productive individuals.
In this connection, State Level Shaala Siddhi, Twinning of schools and QMT workshop conducted on 10-10-2017 at Godavari Hall, SIEMAT Building and discussed objectives, guidelines, and strategies to implement twinning at Mandal level. The Resource Persons for this workshop
Sectorial Officer-2 and Head Master from each district were attended. The proposed plan of action for the twinning of school is as follows:
i. State Level one-day orientation to SOs and H.Ms: 10-10-2017, Completed
ii. District Level I-day orientation to H.Ms and MEOs on the twinning of schools. (In shaala siddhi one-day orientation): 30-10-2017 to 2-11-2017
iii. Implementation of twinning at Mandal Level in 2 times for each school.
1) 03-11- 2017 to 10-11-2017
2) 13-11-2017to 18-11-2017
The DEOs and E.O: P.Os of SSA are requested to conduct the Orientation to the Mandal Educational Officers (MEOs) on the Twinning of schools along with the Shaala Siddhi Orientation program, inturn MEOs will train selected schools H.Ms at Mandal Level.
Further, the DEOs are requested to give instructions to the Sectoral Officer – II to identify 25 primary schools with the highest enrollment in the district and see that all mandals in your district should cover to implement the program.
The objectives, guidelines, and questionnaires for students of the program are annexed. The questionnaire will be provided to all the participated students. The program is l-day in two spells and the same children only attend the program. The financial norms may follow for the conduct of the
The District Educational Officers and Ex-officio Project Officers of SSA in the State are requested to conduct the program successfully and send the information the prescribed proforma (annexed) immediately. Further, they are requested to give instructions to S.0-II to identify best of 3 mandals as a best practice to SPO (5 to 6 pages document of write up along with photos) after completion of the said program.
The expenditure may be met from the AWP & B of 2017 – 18 under the budget head of “Innovations” & Sub-head of “2101 – Girls Education”
Encl: 1) Objectives and Guidelines, 2) Questionnaire, 3) Data Collection Proforma
School Education Department SSA Telangana, Implementation of Twinning of Schools Programme to Selected Schools in the State.
a. Capacity building: Twinning and partnerships can help strengthen the school staff and students involved through the sharing or transfer of skills and knowledge.
b. Identification of best practices: Twinning and partnerships provide opportunities to identify ideas, approaches, techniques, and methods that followed in visiting schools and which can be shared and serve as inspiration for new initiatives.
c. Added value, increased quality, and effectiveness of school activities: Where the twinning and partnerships involve collaborating on a specific activity, it usually results in added value, more quality, and effectiveness.
d. Broadening of horizons: Twinning and partnerships help school staff and learners to broaden their views and be more outward-looking, to break down barriers, to understand local specific cultures and to learn about their strengths and weakness.
e. Relationship building: Twinning and partnerships can help build stronger relationships between student-student, student-teacher, and teacher-teacher of both schools.
F. Mobility of teachers and learners: Twinning and partnerships are useful when schools want to create opportunities for the mobility of teachers and learners. A partner school can host teachers and learners and behavioral change among students
GUIDELINES FOR TWINNING OF SCHOOLS (PARTNERSHIP WITH SCHOOLS) at PRIMARY LEVEL
- Choose the visiting High school or Model school or Residential school or Secondary school which is implementing BEST Practices in the Institution within the Mandal.
- Conduct an SMC meeting with parents of V class students and resolutions to visit selected schools.
- Explain in SMC Meeting the purpose and use of Partnership with the higher school.
- Take undertaking /Acceptance letters from parents of V Class students for visiting; if necessary take the help of SMCs.
- Headmasters of concerned Primary schools have to take prior permission of MEO and HM/Principal of visiting a school.
- Escort Teacher and Students should reach the visiting school before the 1st bell i.e., 09.25 A.M and they should stay until the long bell in the school.
- Prepare worksheets/Questionnaire for @ 5 students for 1 sheet about visiting the school, which includes infrastructure, Human resources, Functioning of Laboratory, Library, Balasabha, Mass drill, Sports & Games, Best practices followed by students and Teachers in the Institution.
- Divide entire strength into 5 groups and each group shall visit each class i.e., VI to X and interact with teachers and students.
- In the last period, the H.M / Principal gather all the students and conduct a meeting with the two students from each group of guest students and 1 host student of each class. The escort teacher prepares a document of their observations and submits to the School and MEO.
- As only V Class students are allowed for Twinning, 25 students have to escorted by one teacher and up to 50 students two teachers and so on.
ROLE OF MANDAL EDUCATIONAL OFFICER
- Mandal Education Officer has to identify the Primary schools with the highest enrollment (3-5) in the Mandal and inform the same to DPO SSA.
- After the implementation of the Twinning of schools in Mandal MEO has to submit actual travel bills along with documentation to DPO SSA submitted by Primary school Headmaster.
ROLE OF HOSTING SCHOOL HEADMASTER/PRINCIPAL
- Provide an opportunity to visiting school children to expose to different activities practiced by host school.
- Provide an opportunity to mingle with children to know themselves about school
ROLE OF DISTRICT EDUCATIONAL OFFICER:
- Select identify Primary schools with the highest enrollment and submit the same to State Project Director SSA. Issue Guidelines and instructions to field level and follow the timeline to implement Twinning of school in District.
- Each selected school has to visit Higher school twice. Submit the comprehensive report of District Twinning of school to State Project office SSA TS.