PCRA National Level Painting Competitions for School Children: Petroleum Conservation Research Association, under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India, is committed to make oil conservation a National Movement. As a part of its mandate, various literary and cultural events are conducted for school students. The Essay writing, Painting and Quiz competitions aim to raise awareness among youth about practical conservation tips for the conservation of Petroleum products in industrial, transportation, agriculture and domestic sectors, and how to practice such conservation in their daily lives.
For effective communication, students may choose to present their ideas and messages for conserving petroleum products and reducing emissions, in English, Hindi or Regional languages.
Four Competitions are being conducted by PCRA
A : Essay
B : Painting
C : Quiz for selecting school District, State and Zonal teams. Zonal teams shall participate for
D: Individual Quiz for achieving Bronze, Silver or Gold Level.
#Awards :Trip to Singapore, Laptops and Cash Prizes of Rs.1 Lakhs, Certificates
COMPETITIONS B -PAINTING COMPETITIONS INSTRUCTIONS
1. Only schools in India recognized by Central & State Boards of India, ran participate.
2. It is mandatory for the Schools to conduct the competition during school hours in a fair manner
(Principal’s certificate is mandatory).
a. Students of classes 5 – 7 (Junior)
b. Students of classes 8 – 10 (Senior)
4. School can conduct competitions in any one or both the categories. However, a minimum of 30 students must participate in each category in which the school submits its entry.
5. Use only A3 size art sheet. The work may be executed using pencils, pencil colours, crayons, water
colours etc. Use of Collage/Patchwork is not permitted in the paintings at all levels of competition.
“Oil Conservation towards healthy and better environment” (तल सरण स बहतर जीवन व पयावरण)
7. Time Limit: 2 Hours
8. School is required to evaluate the entries for each category, and upload best two entries in each
category (Junior/Senior), in which the competition has been conducted at the school, on www.pcracompetitions.org. For more details, please refer to this portal.
PCRA National Level Painting Competitions for School Children 2019
9. Competition Period: 01.07.2019 to 30.09.2019
Last entry on or before 30.09.2019
10. The topic of painting competition may be displayed prominently, at least a week in advance. 11. Schools to advise students to prepare in advance for the scheduled competition. This shall enable the participants to obtain relevant information from various sources. This exercise is focused on increasing awareness in young minds for the National cause of Conservation of Fuel and Environment protection.
11. It is advisable that the documentary on PCRA, which gives a brief on ‘Conservation of Fuel’ is shown to the children before the start of the competition. This is available on our website www.pcra.org
12. The students whose paintings are adjudged in the best 100 paintings in each category, on All India basis, will be invited to participate in a National Final round at Delhi. PCRA shall bear the expenses of travel, and the best 100 in each category shall be advised on the same.
13. Please check our web portal www.pcracompetitions.org or website www.pcra.org/competitions.html for more details or contact PCRA on: 011-26715360 or email : email@example.com
READ | PCRA National Competitions
1. The decision of the Jury/Expert committee appointed by PCRA will be ﬁnal and binding in respect of all matters concerning the competition.
2. The entries submitted would be the sole property of PCRA, with right to use and right to edit for any purpose it considers appropriate.
3. Children of employees of PCRA are not eligible for the prizes.
4. Schools should try to hold the competitions as early as possible to avoid last minute rush in submission.
5. The ﬁnal results shall be announced in December 2019. The awards will be distributed during the Saksham month period 16.01.2019 to 15.02.2019.
PCRA Essay, Painting and Quiz Competitions
Kindly conduct the competitions at the earliest preferably in Telugu language so as to increase the maximum participation.
PCRA National Competitions details at http://www.pcracompetitions.org/